Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Patricia wears Goodell clown shirt

ReMeDy

30 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I always thought deflategate was just to conveniently timed. What I mean is everyone just starting to finally shut up about Spygate and the Pats are not as hated. So here comes deflategate and it couldn't have worked better for the NFL, other teams fans Hate the Pats again (and they are now the top heel) while it galvanized Pats fans against the league office (if ya watched wrestling in the 90's sorta like Stone cold v McMahon thing). So EVERY game the Pats played improved ratings because of course Pats fans watched but other teams fans did to in order root against them.

actually brilliant if the NFL actually thought it up. Lol 

I really shouldn't respond to this because I don't want the thread be locked but I do think they cheated and Tom knew what he was doing. I think Goodell blew it out of proportion so I can see why Pats fans would be upset. I think Tom just went about it in a way that made him look guilty and then the whole cell phone thing added to it. The shame of it is the Pats didn't even need to cheat to beat the Colts, they were the better team anyway. I don't think just a 25,000 fine would've meant anything, that is like 25 dollars to the Pats organization. So Goodell had to come up with at least a harsh punishment of some sort. The integrity of the game was in question. I definitely don't think it was a witch hunt or a joke though because no Commissioner is going to throw one of the faces of the NFL under a bus which Tom Brady is. He isn't going spend millions of dollars on something bogus either. That would make no sense if something wasn't there. I would've been ok if they would've just suspended Tom for 1 game just so there was some type of punishment, fining a team even a million dollars is a drop in the bucket to a billion dollar owner. The Pats did lose a 1st round pick but they are so great that it isn't even going to hurt them.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't recall all of the details, but the one thing that sticks out the most for me is the reports that Goodell wanted to punish Brady harder to make up for what some thought was a weak punishment for SpyGate.

Not to bring up a dead topic, but with how shady Brady acted (refusing to hand over his phone, destroying his phone, then the incriminating text messages), you still think he's innocent?

Punish the Patriots, not specifically Brady. I think the details you're referring to are brought up in this article.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

If someone has never read it, I'd highly recommend it. Maybe the best NFL-related article I've read.

I don't think Brady was innocent but I wouldn't have handed them my phone either. Wouldn't hand it to anyone unless a court would order it.

21 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

What could Goodell have done differently? 

Everything.  For starters, a warning to the league rather than a sting operation.  Then a quietly negotiated punishment that would not tarnish one of the league's most valuable assets.  Regardless, loving to hate Goodell is just one more part of the game in New England.  At the very least, react to a 2016 deflategate allegation as if ball pressure meant something.  

13 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

My belief has always been that in the very worst case scenario, Brady's guys were asked to stick a gauge in the balls to make sure the refs didn't inflate them way over the 12.5 point. It's the only thing that's ever made sense to me...there was a documented situation in an earlier game where Brady felt the refs gave him balls that were significantly over the 12.5...we know that the "process" was pretty loose in terms of the refs (gauges weren't calibrated, refs didn't record measurements, etc). So I could see a situation where the ball guys were asked to check the balls after the refs were done with them and if they were way over the 12.5 he requested, then take a puff of air out of them. That's a violation. It should have been punished...with something like an $8K fine.

I think what it got turned into was a "plot" to deflate balls below the allowed parameters to gain an unfair advantage. That to me is preposterous...and given how he has played for 2 seasons since this became an issue, it seems even more preposterous.

I may be wrong but I don't believe the officials put air in footballs. They just check the PSI of the balls that a team submits to them. I don't in any way think that the Pats deflating their footballs in the bathroom after the officials checked them is preposterous. The investigative report concluded that was the likely case and absolutely not preposterous.

47 minutes ago, wizwor said:

Everything.  For starters, a warning to the league rather than a sting operation.  Then a quietly negotiated punishment that would not tarnish one of the league's most valuable assets.  Regardless, loving to hate Goodell is just one more part of the game in New England.  At the very least, react to a 2016 deflategate allegation as if ball pressure meant something.  

I don't believe the NFL office conducted a sting operation. I think the Ravens tipped off the Colts that Brady had been using deflated balls. When the Colts intercepted a pass in the game, the DB took the Brady ball to the sideline. The Colts checked the pressure. It was under inflated. Grigson contacted the NFL office and the drama began. I don't believe the NFL office set it up as a sting at all. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really shouldn't respond to this because I don't want the thread be locked but I do think they cheated and Tom knew what he was doing. I think Goodell blew it out of proportion so I can see why Pats fans would be upset. I think Tom just went about it in a way that made him look guilty and then the whole cell phone thing added to it. The shame of it is the Pats didn't even need to cheat to beat the Colts, they were the better team anyway. I don't think just a 25,000 fine would've meant anything, that is like 25 dollars to the Pats organization. So Goodell had to come up with at least a harsh punishment of some sort. The integrity of the game was in question. I definitely don't think it was a witch hunt or a joke though because no Commissioner is going to throw one of the faces of the NFL under a bus which Tom Brady is. He isn't going spend millions of dollars on something bogus either. That would make no sense if something wasn't there. I would've been ok if they would've just suspended Tom for 1 game just so there was some type of punishment, fining a team even a million dollars is a drop in the bucket to a billion dollar owner. The Pats did lose a 1st round pick but they are so great that it isn't even going to hurt them.

lol I wasn't tryingbtalk about the details. (I'm trying get out of that rabbit hole lol) I just meant the hole thing we timed perfectly. The NFL AKEEPS ITS #1 heel in place and the charge had enough holes that the heels fans will be galvanized as well. (No I don't think they planned it but it worked out perfectly for them!)

12 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

lol I wasn't tryingbtalk about the details. (I'm trying get out of that rabbit hole lol) I just meant the hole thing we timed perfectly. The NFL AKEEPS ITS #1 heel in place and the charge had enough holes that the heels fans will be galvanized as well. (No I don't think they planned it but it worked out perfectly for them!)

No bigge.

2 hours ago, wizwor said:

lol sting operation?  Warning?  They need Goodell to hold their hand through every game and constantily remind them of the rules they shouldn't break?  This isn't pee-wee league and these guys aren't twelve.  They are PROFESSIONALS.

A quietly negotiated punishment would have been possible had Brady just simply fessed up and said, "Yeah, sorry guys.  Didn't think it was that big a deal."  Because it wasn't that big a deal.  It became a big deal when he doubled down on his behavior and waged war on the NFL.  I get everything that was on the line, but deflated footballs isn't enough to cancel out everything Brady's done and he should have realized it.  Instead, we've now got a hall of famer with, depending on which side of hte fence you fall on, shady character.  You're free to look the other way, but no one can act like he didn't bring this upon himself if they don't.

1 hour ago, Buddy Lee said:

I may be wrong but I don't believe the officials put air in footballs.

they do if the team turns in balls that are under the low PSI limit. They also take air out if teams give them balls that are over the limit. That's one of the reasons I believe my theory...we learned from Wells rpt that the gauges aren't even calibrated (refs had 2 gauges nearly half a pound different). So if a team inflates balls right to the 12.5 limit on their team gauges, then the ref checks them pregame with a gauge that reads them at 12.0, the ref will inflate them a half pound to 12.5 on his gauge...but the team gauge would say those balls are 13. That's why this whole thing is silly...the league had a very loose process here, which doesn't jibe whatsoever with the severity with which they dealt with the issue after the fact.

1 hour ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Roflmao as someone said that was filmed back in September and it's also for Shields MRI a local NE company. (They know that ad will stay with Pats fans and be good for business. They are NOT trying get anyone else's attention IMO) 

and come on.. "Roger that!"  Lol that's hardly a huge dig.. 

35 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

lol sting operation?  Warning?  They need Goodell to hold their hand through every game and constantily remind them of the rules they shouldn't break?  This isn't pee-wee league and these guys aren't twelve.  They are PROFESSIONALS.

If what you say is true, then why did they give not 1 not 2 but 3 different teams warnings when they were caught red handed on TV manipulating the PSI in the balls? (Under heat lamps etc.) Could it possibly be because certain NFL teams have a stick up their butt and just needed an excuse for why they lose to the Pats?  (Looking at you Jets organization..)

and again why is Brady held to a different standard than EVERY other NFL Player. He did nothing all that unusual when they get suspended. The only odd thing was the man who gave him the punishment also heard the Appeal. (Which a awful CBA gave him that right.) if anyone else hears that appeal the suspension is either TOTALLY dropped or greatly reduced. That's why Goodell made sure he heard it! He knew the case was flimsy at best and no neutral Arbitrator would uphold his punishment.  So Brady after that did like any other player would do (if he felt he was railroaded and had an unfair appeal.) he took them to court and WON. Then the NFL appealed and WON based on the fact that article whatever gives Goodell absolute power on punishment with no recourse for the players.

so Brady did what ANY sane person would have done, now if he had appealed to the Supreme Court you would have had a point. I mean think about it if your boss says your suspended for 4 weeks for X reason and you had a right to appeal and your boss was the guy hearing it wouldn't you think that was unfair? Wouldn't you go to court if YOU felt you were not given a fair hearing by your employer? I would! Anyone would! 

26 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Roflmao as someone said that was filmed back in September and it's also for Shields MRI a local NE company. (They know that ad will stay with Pats fans and be good for business. They are NOT trying get anyone else's attention IMO) 

and come on.. "Roger that!"  Lol that's hardly a huge dig.. 

I was referring to parade, not commercial, in which Brady is seen on float with the "roger that" shirts draped on it.   

The patriots organization and some of thier fans like to whine and cry about big bad Goodell picking on poor tommy and the pats, but then do stupid things like this to almost try to bait him into action, ridiculous. Do this in any other organization(sports or other) and you wouldn't get away with it. Just fans the fire.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

A quietly negotiated punishment would have been possible had Brady just simply fessed up and said, "Yeah, sorry guys.  Didn't think it was that big a deal."  Because it wasn't that big a deal.  It became a big deal when he doubled down on his behavior and waged war on the NFL.  I get everything that was on the line, but deflated footballs isn't enough to cancel out everything Brady's done and he should have realized it.  Instead, we've now got a hall of famer with, depending on which side of hte fence you fall on, shady character.  You're free to look the other way, but no one can act like he didn't bring this upon himself if they don't.

Agree 100%

28 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

If what you say is true, then why did they give not 1 not 2 not 3 different teams warnings when they were caught red handed on TV manipulating the PSI in the balls? (Under heat lamps etc.) Could it possibly be because certain NFL teams have a stick up their butt and just needed an excuse for why they lose to the Pats?  (Looking at you Jets organization..)

Because they were doing it in plain site for everyone to see.  They weren't ducking into the bathroom to avoid detection, number one.  Number two, the NFL wasn't tipped off until they got the game ball in hands and had proof the balls were underinflated.  There may have been reports, and I know this is hard to believe, but they didn't have any vendetta against the Patriots given that they didn't find the rumors credible because they had no evidence to.  Once they had underinflated balls, it was like, "Hey maybe the Patriots were cheating."  

28 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

and again why is Brady held to a different standard than EVERY other NFL Player. He did nothing all that unusual when they get suspended. The only odd thing was the man who gave him the punishment also heard the Appeal. (Which a awful CBAgave him that right.) if anyone else hears that appeal the suspension is either TOTALLY dropped or greatly reduced. That's why Goodell made sure he heard it! He knew the case was flimsy at best and no neutral Arbitrator would uphold his punishment.  So Brady after that did like any other player would do (if he felt he was railroaded and had an unfair appeal.) he took them to court and WON. Then the NFL appealed and WON based on the fact that article whatever gives Goodell absolute power on punishment with no recourse for the players.

so Brady did what ANY sane person would have done, if he had appealed to the Suoreme Court you would have had a point.

Right or wrong, Brady is held to a different standard than other players - he's the face of not only the Patriots, but one of the marquee  players in the NFL.  Even you have to admit that if, say, Sam Bradford and the Rams when he were there, had been implicated in deflate gate, it might've been a big deal, but not as big a deal than if Brady and hte Patriots committed it.  Again, right or wrong, that's just life.  The president gets a favor under the desk in the whitehouse, it's far more newsworthy than if some accountant did it.  I'm not saying its fair, but that's the way the world views it.  Brady's a bigger celebrity, and the bigger the status, the harder they fall in a scandal.

That's why Goodell laid down the sanction and that's why he heard it.  I get the NFL appealed, but it was no secret, and Brady and the NFLPA made it clear that a decision against them would be appealed, so I mean, yeah, the NFL appealed, but it's not like Brady woudln't have.  I get it, there was a lot on the line.  But most guys take their punishment.  Bt you can't really blame Goodell for not making a quiet settlement when it takes Brady to acquiesce.  The sides tried negotiating a settlement before and after the NFL's ruling, but everyone knew before then it was going to federal court, so it wsa no surprise the NFL asked the federal court to confirm its ruling.  They jsut did it first for strategical purposes, which is the same reason the NFLPA tried filing its injunction, a day late, in Minnesota (which by the way, is proof positive that the NFLPA and Brady would have appealed first if it could, you don't get injunctions drafted and filed in a state in less than 24 hours, it takes days of preparation).  I'm not buying that Brady wanted this to go away quietly, all his public statements against the NFL and Goodell are clear evidence of that.  It takes two to tango and Brady certainly contributed to the high status of Deflategate.

6 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I was referring to parade, not commercial, in which Brady is seen on float with the "roger that" shirts draped on it.   

The patriots organization and some of thier fans like to whine and cry about big bad Goodell picking on poor tommy and the pats, but then do stupid things like this to almost try to bait him into action, ridiculous. Do this in any other organization(sports or other) and you wouldn't get away with it. Just fans the fire.

I doubt Roger Goodell has that thin a skin as shirts bothering him. And Roger That! Is a rather common phrase.. and a nice suddle dog at best. (The clown shirt I agree was dumb but the "Roger that!" Not so much and he was also probably paid by Shield MRI as that will make people think of them.)

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I doubt Roger Goodell has that thin a skin as shirts bothering him. And Roger That! Is a rather common phrase.. and a nice suddle dog at best. (The clown shirt I agree was dumb but the "Roger that!" Not so much and he was also probably paid by Shield MRI as that will make people think of them.)

I thought the commercial was kind of funny so I had no problem with Tom doing that. The Shirt thing by Patricia wasn't classy but oh well.

4 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Because they were doing it in plain site for everyone to see.  They weren't ducking into the bathroom to avoid detection, number one.  Number two, the NFL wasn't tipped off until they got the game ball in hands and had proof the balls were underinflated.  

Right or wrong, Brady is held to a different standard than other players - he's the face of not only the Patriots, but one of the marquee  players in the NFL.  Even you have to admit that if, say, Sam Bradford and the Rams when he were there, had been implicated in deflate gate, it might've been a big deal, but not as big a deal than if Brady and hte Patriots committed it.  Again, right or wrong, that's just life.  The president gets a favor under the desk in the whitehouse, it's far more newsworthy than if some accountant did it.  I'm not saying its fair, but that's the way the world views it.  Brady's a bigger celebrity, and the bigger the status, the harder they fall in a scandal.

That's why Goodell laid down the sanction and that's why he heard it.  I get the NFL appealed, but it was no secret, and Brady and the NFLPA made it clear that a decision against them would be appealed, so I mean, yeah, the NFL appealed, but it's not like Brady woudln't have.  I get it, there was a lot on the line.  But most guys take their punishment.  Bt you can't really blame Goodell for not making a quiet settlement when it takes Brady to acquiesce.  The sides tried negotiating a settlement before and after the NFL's ruling, but everyone knew before then it was going to federal court, so it wsa no surprise the NFL asked the federal court to confirm its ruling.  They jsut did it first for strategical purposes, which is the same reason the NFLPA tried filing its injunction, a day late, in Minnesota (which by the way, is proof positive that the NFLPA and Brady would have appealed first if it could, you don't get injunctions drafted and filed in a state in less than 24 hours, it takes days of preparation).  I'm not buying that Brady wanted this to go away quietly, all his public statements against the NFL and Goodell are clear evidence of that.  It takes two to tango and Brady certainly contributed to the high status of Deflategate.

The long and short of it is, ROGER Goodell could have made this all go away a lot faster if he had appointed a neutral Arbitrator like he usually does.  I bet dollars to donuts that say Taglibue would have cut thebsuspension to 1 game or revoked it all together. Why? The evidence and the CBA does not back up the punishment. (The courts justvsaid  Goodell can do whatever punishment he wanted per the article in the CBA.  But an Arbitrator would look at the hole case not just the one article in the CBA.)

pats fans called it railroading because that's what Goodell did. If he had a good case he wouldn't have had an issue with a neutral Arbitrator.  Hell legal "experts" said Brady could sue the entire NFL for Slander and probably win because the case was so flimsy and bad and lacking any proof of wrong doing. 

Long and short of it is the last 18 months been tough on Brady and I can now understand why he was so angry, and no that anger had NOTHING to do with deflated footballs! 

12 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

This is pure conjecture on your part...if the league office was ever truly open to the punishment being 'soft' here (i.e. a fine), then why wouldn't they have simply announced a fine the next day? They measured the balls at halftime and they were under the legal limit. Isn't that all they needed to know in order to levy a punishment, especially if that punishment was going to be as inconsequential as a fine. They instead opted to shell out $5M to bring in a 'special prosecutor' to launch a 4 month investigation on this. The fact that that's how they handled it tells me that they were hunting for "big game" here from the beginning, and they were going to get their pound of flesh for the effort. 

It's possible.  The report that came out that Goodell wanted a bigger punishment to make up for SpyGate (whether you want to believe that or not) could add credence to your theory.  However, I do think Brady fighting it and acting like a child made it worse for him.  Either way, we probably won't convince each other of anything, so perhaps it's best to just leave it and agree to disagree

10 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

The long and short of it is, ROGER Goodell could have made this all go away a lot faster if he had appointed a neutral Arbitrator like he usually does.  I bet dollars to donuts that say Taglibue would have cut thebsuspension to 1 game or revoked it all together. Why? The evidence and the CBA does not back up the punishment. (The courts justvsaid  Goodell can do whatever punishment he wanted per the article in the CBA.  But an Arbitrator would look at the hole case not just the one article in the CBA.)

But the NFL does not have to, and there isn't really any reason to insist upon it or speculate what would have happened if Goodell hadn't heard the appeal.  The CBA backs the punishment, according to a federal court of appeals.  the evidence is what you make of it, and we'll just have to disagree on that.  If I wake up in the morning and see that everything is wet, I conclude it rained.  People can fairly conclude that Brady cheated, even if you don't.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

But the NFL does not have to, and there isn't really any reason to insist upon it or speculate what would have happened if Goodell hadn't heard the appeal.  The CBA backs the punishment, according to a federal court of appeals.  the evidence is what you make of it, and we'll just have to disagree on that.  If I wake up in the morning and see that everything is wet, I conclude it rained.  People can fairly conclude that Brady cheated, even if you don't.

ABSOLUTLELY! Some people may find this hard to believe, but it is ok to disagree.  

my my last word is so hope they next CBA takes the absolute power out of the Commish hands. As the saying goes "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." 

It was a good discussion, and I hope you took none of what so said personally or an attack on you or your favorite team. (Unless it's the Jets then well lmao I kid!!)

7 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

ABSOLUTLELY! Some people may find this hard to believe, but it is ok to disagree.  

my my last word is so hope they next CBA takes the absolute power out of the Commish hands. As the saying goes "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." 

It was a good discussion, and I hope you took none of what so said personally or an attack on you or your favorite team. (Unless it's the Jets then well lmao I kid!!)

lol.  No, of cousre I don't take it personal.  It's refreshing to argue without it getting personal.  It got testy around here with Pats fans during deflategate, but it happens between Colts fans too - it was impossible to argue with some regarding Grigson and Pagano over the past couple months (years for that matter).

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

lol.  No, of cousre I don't take it personal.  It's refreshing to argue without it getting personal.  It got testy around here with Pats fans during deflategate, but it happens between Colts fans too - it was impossible to argue with some regarding Grigson and Pagano over the past couple months (years for that matter).

Lol we are all passionate about our team. I will admit I am shocked Pagano wasn't let go with Grigson.  (I would suspect the new GM will want his own Guy for HC)

as for us Pats fans I dare say the team fanning the fire did not help with moving on.  It is a dual edge sword with Bob Kraft as his FANDOM shows threw a lot of times which I love and hate. 

5 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Lol we are all passionate about our team. I will admit I am shocked Pagano wasn't let go with Grigson.  (I would suspect the new GM will want his own Guy for HC)

as for us Pats fans I dare say the team fanning the fire did not help with moving on.  It is a dual edge sword with Bob Kraft as his FANDOM shows threw a lot of times which I love and hate. 

Hey, we have Irsay.  The love/hate relationship fans have with him is something I fully understand, lol.

As for Pagano, we could use a better coach, I think.  But there was no denying the probable cause of a lot of the dysfunction within the Colts FO started with Grigson.  He didn't appear to be liked by anyone, which isn't all that surprising, but the fact there was a psychologist involved takes it to a whole new level.

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

lol sting operation?  Warning?  They need Goodell to hold their hand through every game and constantly remind them of the rules they shouldn't break?  This isn't pee-wee league and these guys aren't twelve. They are PROFESSIONALS.

Spot on. Well written!!!

They didn't need to attempt cheating, but that does not mean that they didn't indulge in it in some form that they knew about. While I believe that the NFL went after them hard to make up for what they didn't do after Spygate with Goodell being just 2 to 3 years in his office then, it ended up being more personal, IMO. It reminded me very much like George W Jr. went after Saddam due to unfinished business that George W Sr. did not finish. 

Some theorize that Brady did not want to share any private pictures he may have taken of his wife (people do such stuff, you know) if access to his phone was granted and things were leaked, much like some of his e-mails were leaked. Regardless, that could have been worked out if the phone was intact and if they needed to involve a third party for mediating confidential private information shared in the form of text messages. Just a black mark that did not need to happen for a HOF QB if a little co-operation was offered, IMO.

Distrust on both sides ended in favor of the one with more power. 

11 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

they do if the team turns in balls that are under the low PSI limit. They also take air out if teams give them balls that are over the limit. That's one of the reasons I believe my theory...we learned from Wells rpt that the gauges aren't even calibrated (refs had 2 gauges nearly half a pound different). So if a team inflates balls right to the 12.5 limit on their team gauges, then the ref checks them pregame with a gauge that reads them at 12.0, the ref will inflate them a half pound to 12.5 on his gauge...but the team gauge would say those balls are 13. That's why this whole thing is silly...the league had a very loose process here, which doesn't jibe whatsoever with the severity with which they dealt with the issue after the fact.

Pretty sure that after the Jets-Pats game cited in the Wells Report (texts between Jastremski and the other guy) they checked and found the game balls pumped up (by refs) to 16 psi. Which is beyond the allowed range. So I agree with your theory and always have. 

And yes, the cover up was far worse than the crime. I think the whole thing spiraled out of control. 

Your theory makes sense because Refs handle the football before and after every play. Significant deflation would be begging to get caught. But I can see a fired up Brady saying, "If they add air, take it out!" A violation, yes. Worthy of the steep penalties? No way.

Also, as you pointed out, Brady seems to be just fine throwing a properly inflated ball. 

6 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Pretty sure that after the Jets-Pats game cited in the Wells Report (texts between Jastremski and the other guy) they checked and found the game balls pumped up (by refs) to 16 psi. Which is beyond the allowed range. So I agree with your theory and always have. 

And yes, the cover up was far worse than the crime. I think the whole thing spiraled out of control. 

Your theory makes sense because Refs handle the football before and after every play. Significant deflation would be begging to get caught. But I can see a fired up Brady saying, "If they add air, take it out!" A violation, yes. Worthy of the steep penalties? No way.

Also, as you pointed out, Brady seems to be just fine throwing a properly inflated ball. 

You guys seem to hate the Jets more than anyone from what I have read even on other sites. They always stink haha. I figured you guys would hate us or the Ravens because of the success we have had and when we had Peyton we were almost unbeatable. The Jets?

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys seem to hate the Jets more than anyone from what I have read even on other sites. They always stink haha. I figured you guys would hate us or the Ravens because of the success we have had and we had Peyton we were almost unbeatable. The Jets?

Spygate. Jets head coach Mangini.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys seem to hate the Jets more than anyone from what I have read even on other sites. They always stink haha. I figured you guys would hate us or the Ravens because of the success we have had and when we had Peyton we were almost unbeatable. The Jets?

Well it's always been a Boston/NY thing, lol...

It really started when Parcells left after the 1996 season, and then stole Curtis Martin, and then Belichick defecting back to NE. Then Mangini, then Rex Ryan had a couple of big years (but a bigger mouth, God love the fat man) so that sort of stoked the rivalry a little. Definitely a divisional thing more than a typical rival. 

• Nadine locked this topic