Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My first ever mock draft!

I'm not very good at all this stuff so take it easy on me! This is my first one ever and just thought to see what you guys would think about this draft with some free agents included

Free Agency-

Melvin Ingram OLB

Nick Perry OLB

A.J. Bouye CB

Kevin Zeitler G

Round 1- Davlin Cook, RB

Round 2- Jarrad Davis, ILB

Round 3- Raekwon McMillian, ILB

Round 4- Montravius Adams, NT

Round 4- Devonte Fields, OLB

Round 5- Corn Elder, CB

Round 6- Brendan Mahon, OT

Hopefully this is would help the Colts out and make them a contenders again. Tried to get a lot of defense of players. Also tried to fill in our biggest needs. Remember, this is my first mock draft, be nice!!

20 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Good draft maybe exception to Jarrad Davis I don't know if this kid is that good looks like potentially another Antonio Morrison.

He is pretty good, he is one of the best ILb in this draft. You can watch his tape on the other thread about him. A lot of people are high on him also

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

I'm not very good at all this stuff so take it easy on me! This is my first one ever and just thought to see what you guys would think about this draft with some free agents included

Free Agency-

Melvin Ingram OLB

Nick Perry OLB

A.J. Bouye CB

Kevin Zeitler G

Round 1- Davlin Cook, RB

Round 5- Corn Elder, CB

Hopefully this is would help the Colts out and make them a contenders again. Tried to get a lot of defense of players. Also tried to fill in our biggest needs. Remember, this is my first mock draft, be nice!!

Davis has a 1st/2nd round projection for most scouts...    Doubtful he'd be there when we pick in the middle of the 1st round.       Same with McMillan.     Likely a 2nd round guy.     Doubtful he'd be there when we pick in the middle of the 3rd round.        And Fields is a Day 2 guy as well.     2nd or 3rd round.      So, while the names are great,  it's a highly unlikely draft because the players are not likely to be there when we're picking.

3 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Free Agency-

Melvin Ingram OLB

Nick Perry OLB

A.J. Bouye CB

Kevin Zeitler G

Round 1- Davlin Cook, RB

Round 5- Corn Elder, CB

I am not a fan of RB at 15 I could live with it if Foster and a few other guys were gone.,We can't pass on Foster for a RB. Most likely both are gone  

I just don't see you getting Davis and McMillan. Take which ever is there in the 2nd.

Then I would look for an Edge in the 3rd Wyatt seems to be a favorite of the board. I think this is more likely his range. 

I like Elder but his size is going to be a problem.  Corn is one of my favorite guys in the draft I just think with all the length at CB that's the direction we go in. Langley from Lamar love him. 

Mahon is going back to PSU. Pyke might be there G/T from Georgia 

I think FA everyone is getting crazy We aren't signing the top guys. Perry would have been great last year. I'm hoping him or Ingram at OLB this season. That's our splash. We aren't signing all those guys not even close 

7 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

He is pretty good, he is one of the best ILb in this draft. You can watch his tape on the other thread about him. A lot of people are high on him also

There is always that possibility that his game doesn't translate from college to the pros though but as we all know that is the case or everybody I hope everybody is right about this kid.

Very nice job!  Many different ways to fill a team's needs, but I agree with your priorities.  You seem to believe (much as I do) that this off-season will largely be about rebuilding the LB corps.  Getting a couple of long-term OLB solutions in FA and drafting ILBs is a sound idea to me, though I love Edwin and think getting two ILBs early is a little overkill.  Two thoughts: 1) I believe Jarrad Davis is much more highly regarded by NFL people than us draftniks, and I think he'll be gone in the 20s, and 2) there are some key inside FAs that might take up a bit of our FA $ (should we decide to keep them).  I'm talking about Jack Doyle, Darius Butler, Jonnothan Harrison, Mike Adams, Erik Walden, Zach Kerr, etc.

2 hours ago, 12to13 said:

I like a lot of those players, but a RB in the 1st is a no-no.

I would usually agree with you, but IF  we would have gotten all those players in free agency cook would be the ideal pick in the first unless somehow foster fell to us and then I would just switch it up and go rb in 2nd and foster in 1st. We would have Zeitler which would help our line tremendously and help cook succeed in this offense!

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Very nice job!  Many different ways to fill a team's needs, but I agree with your priorities.  You seem to believe (much as I do) that this off-season will largely be about rebuilding the LB corps.  Getting a couple of long-term OLB solutions in FA and drafting ILBs is a sound idea to me, though I love Edwin and think getting two ILBs early is a little overkill.  Two thoughts: 1) I believe Jarrad Davis is much more highly regarded by NFL people than us draftniks, and I think he'll be gone in the 20s, and 2) there are some key inside FAs that might take up a bit of our FA $ (should we decide to keep them).  I'm talking about Jack Doyle, Darius Butler, Jonnothan Harrison, Mike Adams, Erik Walden, Zach Kerr, etc.

Yeah I saw that Jarrad was a 1-2 round guy and he didn't have as much of an impact as 2015 as he did this year supposedly and he was injured and hoped he could fall to us in the 2nd

4 hours ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

fournette needs to be colts 1st round then d heavy from there and 1 OL that is going to help if not all def heavy. If we picked up those guys in free agency that alone would do wonders. Zeitler would fill the biggest whole on the OL.

Melvin Ingram OLB

Nick Perry OLB

A.J. Bouye CB

Kevin Zeitler G

I think fournette will be gone first and we will have a chance with cook. Hat is why I picked zeitler up so we can have a much better run game and help andrew out. With just those two our offense will be pretty hard to stop

8 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

I would usually agree with you, but IF  we would have gotten all those players in free agency cook would be the ideal pick in the first unless somehow foster fell to us and then I would just switch it up and go rb in 2nd and foster in 1st. We would have Zeitler which would help our line tremendously and help cook succeed in this offense!

IF we got those players in FA, then I would love your draft 100%.

14 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Good draft maybe exception to Jarrad Davis I don't know if this kid is that good looks like potentially another Antonio Morrison.

Morrison improved a bit over the course of the year. He initially looked completely lost and wasn't seeing plays develop and was overthinking everything. By the end of the season he seemed to have settled down quite a bit and just played. Not saying he's a great pick, jury is definitely still out, but he was a rookie, and he did improve. For a 4th round pick, that's not a bad sign.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Morrison improved a bit over the course of the year. He initially looked completely lost and wasn't seeing plays develop and was overthinking everything. By the end of the season he seemed to have settled down quite a bit and just played. Not saying he's a great pick, jury is definitely still out, but he was a rookie, and he did improve. For a 4th round pick, that's not a bad sign.

He still has a lot of work to do and so does Grigson to get this team where it needs to be to compete.

18 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Based on what I've seen of Davis, the only thing he has in common with Morrison is that he's a LB from Florida. Davis is a top 3 LB in this class (arguably #2), and one of his biggest strengths (pass coverage) is where Morrison is the weakest. He's exactly the type of LB we need, to pair with the rest of our ILBs that are best at defending against the run. I don't think he'll be there when we pick in the second round, but he's a perfect fit for us if he is.

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yeah, I agree with you. I don`t know what`s with all the complaining about with Morrison on this forum. He was a 4th rounder and 2nd season back from a major knee injury. I thought he played decent at the end of the season and should only get better next season.  

Just now, MPStack said:

Yeah, I agree with you. I don`t know what`s with all the complaining about with Morrison on this forum. He was a 4th rounder and 2nd season back from a major knee injury. I thought he played decent at the end of the season and should only get better next season.  

Seriously, there were some plays in the Raiders game where I was like "whoa, who is this guy?!" I think people have sky-high unrealistic expectations for rookies nowadays. I don't know when that started exactly, but it seems that the expectation is to come in and play at a pro-bowl level right away, regardless of what round the player was drafted in. I think you can expect that of top 5, maybe 10 guys in the first round, but the dropoff in NFL-ready talent after that is usually pretty significant.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Seriously, there were some plays in the Raiders game where I was like "whoa, who is this guy?!" I think people have sky-high unrealistic expectations for rookies nowadays. I don't know when that started exactly, but it seems that the expectation is to come in and play at a pro-bowl level right away, regardless of what round the player was drafted in. I think you can expect that of top 5, maybe 10 guys in the first round, but the dropoff in NFL-ready talent after that is usually pretty significant.

I think some of the Morrison haters were in love with Scooby Doo Wright last draft. 

1 hour ago, MasterCrief said:

Based on what I've seen of Davis, the only thing he has in common with Morrison is that he's a LB from Florida. Davis is a top 3 LB in this class (arguably #2), and one of his biggest strengths (pass coverage) is where Morrison is the weakest. He's exactly the type of LB we need, to pair with the rest of our ILBs that are best at defending against the run. I don't think he'll be there when we pick in the second round, but he's a perfect fit for us if he is.

Well then in that case hope we get him then could use all the help we can possibly get.