Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Is The New Coach Of The Indianapolis Colts (Merge)

MSColtsFan

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Mathis honestly doing it very well honestly. He very athlitic & all over the field. Honestly his size his that of a rush Lb not a 4/3 DE. Freeney could have some problems I agree. Hadn't even thought about Hughes, but yes you are right he might be happy, maybe this will modavite him & he won't be a wasted pick?

I will agree of the two Mathis is more likely to be able to make the transition. But having not covered a RB or TE in years, or dropped back into zones very often... the point is the Colts have functionally asked those two DEs to get to the QB for years, and if, and it's a huge if, the Colts do go primarily 3-4, there will be learning curves and transitions to make in personnel.

I like the hire, sorry to all you people that really wanted Tressel.

Yes he only has one year as a DC, but he has coached some secondaries to good seasons, in 2001 as the Browns DB coach they allowed just 13 passing TD's and picked off 33 passes, and with the Raiders as DB coach they were always ranked near the top in passing D categories and at a 4-8 North Carolina team, as DC the defense improved from 92 to to 35 in total defense, so there is no doubt in my mind he can coach, and I'm hoping Mathis will flourish in a Terrell Suggs like role for our D. Hopefully he can also attract Baltimore free agent CB Lardarius Webb along with him, as he'd be a major upgrade over our current CB's.

*waits for people to call this a horrible hire as he has no HC experience and limited DC experience*

Reaction from Pierre Garcon (via Fb):

Our Defense just got better. Now let's keep 18. --->> CHAMPIONSHIP :)

421276_602236451827_66602827_32126278_556179489_n.jpg

Thought it was pretty interesting...

If sounded like on twitter a couple of days ago that Robert Mathis was really excited about the possibility of hiring him as HC.

Thoughts from the Raven's board:

They think he was an excellent DC.

Traitor.

They hope we go 0-16, but when don't they?

And my personal favorite:

"The Colts forums make me sick....."

Edited by Coltssouth
Please do not link to other teams boards.

This one gets me as well..

" The heck with Pagano. I'd be alright if he went to any other team (except Steelers/Jets, of course) but Indy???? I still burn every time I hear that word... Indy... traitors to the city, as with Pagano.... but you know what, he'll just crash and burn like every other DC we've had did. Ryan is on his way to joining the crash and burn group, and Pagano won't be too far behind."

lmao dude, get over it already.

Oh boy. I'm probably one of the few that will say this. I'm less than thrilled with a head coach that only has one year of coordinator experience in the NFL His defense this year was incredible but still I, personally, would rather have someone that has more experience running the entire show, not someone who has spent a year focusing on one aspect of the game.

yes but look at the bright side like alot of people on here are..he's won 0 superbowls, 0 afc championships, but he is the next best thing since sliced bread.

I am happy to have a new head coach. I believe it is a positive sign that he is not some warmed over ex-NFL head coach but someone who appears to be a good coach. The little information I have on him is he can be fiery and knows his X's and O's, particularly on defense. I want to see how he fills out his coaching staff as we move forward.

He tweeted that yesterday. And planting stories in the press is not the same as leaking.

If he were the one helping to plant stories it very much is the exact same thing, but it's pointless to argue the point at this time - clearly Pags is the new HC. Can't wait to hear the presser and get a read on where he sees the team going.

yes but look at the bright side like alot of people on here are..he's won 0 superbowls, 0 afc championships, but he is the next best thing since sliced bread.

But he's different and from another team so he must be good.

I'm not saying he's bad, only time will tell. I'm jsut saying he's nothing to get excited about, yet.

This one gets me as well..

" The heck with Pagano. I'd be alright if he went to any other team (except Steelers/Jets, of course) but Indy???? I still burn every time I hear that word... Indy... traitors to the city, as with Pagano.... but you know what, he'll just crash and burn like every other DC we've had did. Ryan is on his way to joining the crash and burn group, and Pagano won't be too far behind."

lmao dude, get over it already.

Sounds like a closet Colts fan.

I also wonder how old some of the real haters are.

Were they there for it, or how many were raised to hate the Colts.

Sounds like a closet Colts fan.

This topic has been beaten to death, but the answer is the Ravens fans are ex-Redskins fans, ex-Colts fans, and hypocritical, since the Ravens are the Browns. I grew up in Maryland, still an Orioles fan, Caps, etc. I understood why they left. I sat in Memorial stadium. That place was a dump by the end. The city wouldn't move an inch for Irsay, and it is a business. Had Baltimore and the fans wanted the Colts to stay, they would have attended games and built a stadium. They didn't do either.

I like the hire, sorry to all you people that really wanted Tressel.

Yes he only has one year as a DC, but he has coached some secondaries to good seasons, in 2001 as the Browns DB coach they allowed just 13 passing TD's and picked off 33 passes, and with the Raiders as DB coach they were always ranked near the top in passing D categories and at a

4-8 North Carolina team, as DC the defense improved from 92 to to 35 in total defense, so there is no doubt in my mind he can coach, and I'm hoping Mathis will flourish in a Terrell Suggs like role for our D. Hopefully he can also attract Baltimore free agent CB Lardarius Webb along with him, as he'd be a major upgrade over our current CB's.

*waits for people to call this a horrible hire as he has no HC experience and limited DC experience*

Just a turrible idea.

Joking aside that would be great if he could lure some players like Ladarius Webb I would be estatic

But he's different and from another team so he must be good.

I'm not saying he's bad, only time will tell. I'm jsut saying he's nothing to get excited about, yet.

i agree with you 100% but with all the talk on here we just hired jimmy johnson a proven winner. he has never ever been a head coach and only one year as dc..at 51 you would have thought if he was that good he would have at least had more years as a dc or oc..imo.. but as you said only time will tell maybe he's a late bloomer..

I'm in the middle of it (and catching about 100 texts since the announcement bashing the Colts for the hire). In my experience, most of the really vocal ones weren't old enough to know what was happening when it happened, if they were even born. I've talked to many of them about the stadium issues and the threat of taking the team as imminent domain, and most of them don't know anything about it, especially the imminent domain issue. There are still a lot of older fans who are bitter about it, but they are usually more civil.