Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL clears players named by Al Jazeera

bababooey

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Me niether. Whole thing was bogus from the word go

I agree it was bogus but this would have been over long ago had Harrison, Matthews and Peppers cooperated when first ask by the NFL. Manning cooperated with no problems right from the start.

And because Manning cooperated from the start he got chastised and roasted pretty bad by some in the media and that was as bogus as the story.

What a lot don't understand is when something like this comes out in the media the NFL has no choice but to investigate. The media started the fire with horse dung and then kept adding gas to it to get themselves attention.

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree it was bogus but this would have been over long ago had Harrison, Matthews and Peppers cooperated when first ask by the NFL. Manning cooperated with no problems right from the start.

And because Manning cooperated from the start he got chastised and roasted pretty bad by some in the media and that was as bogus as the story.

What a lot don't understand is when something like this comes out in the media the NFL has no choice but to investigate. The media started the fire with horse dung and then kept adding gas to it to get themselves attention.

So much for Manning being called ManninHGH. Al Jazeera = Bogus. Peyton should sue, so should the other players. These kinds of reporting's and false accusations can ruin someone's legacy.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

It was wrong of the NFL to even give that piece any credence whatsoever.

No, they had to investigate it....the players had their say...its all good.

But the NFL had to investigate. They simply cannot ignore widely publicized reports of drug use..

....How would it look if they investigate SOME charges but don't investigate charges against name players?

2 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Why the hell would anyone listen to Al Jazeera about anything, much less American Football?

It was not only Al Jazeera, it was a bunch of other media hounds who jumped at the opportunity to get their hits.

If truth be known most of these media hounds more than likely knew this was bogus but still ran with it to make copy.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It would have been over even faster if thr league didn't even acknowledge the non sense.    Now the National Enquirier can ruin a story about any player they want and get world wide attention.   The entire thing was non sense

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

But the NFL had to investigate. They simply cannot ignore widely publicized reports of drug use..

....How would it look if they investigate SOME charges but don't investigate charges against name players?

So now any nonsense report from any source has to be investigated?----nonsense

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It would have been over even faster if thr league didn't even acknowledge the non sense.    Now the National Enquirier can ruin a story about any player they want and get world wide attention.   The entire thing was non sense

It is not hard to understand that the NFL has to investigate anything they would consider that would tarnish the league. It's pretty much standard procedure.

We may not hear or read exactly all the NFL does as far as checking out things like this. Only what the media finds out or just plain makes up or exaggerates.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is not hard to understand that the NFL has to investigate anything they would consider that would tarnish the league. It's pretty much standard procedure.

We may not hear or read exactly all the NFL does as far as checking out things like this. Only what the media finds out or just plain makes up or exaggerates.

When you give tabloids world wide press,   things will get much worse

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

To me, investigating a report from Al Jeezers, especially since the guy came out a day or two later and said it was false, is the same as the NFL investigating a report from The Onion.

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The NFL set a very dumb precedent over this. Basically any person can blackmail an NFL player with a bogus story that the NFL has to follow up on and the player is now at risk of suspension.

57 minutes ago, bababooey said:

The NFL set a very dumb precedent over this. Basically any person can blackmail an NFL player with a bogus story that the NFL has to follow up on and the player is now at risk of suspension.

That's kinda why the NFL does an investigation isn't it?

If the NFL don't investigate and there was something that was a problem then everyone would be all over the NFL for not investigating.

They are put in a no win situation either way.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the NFL don't investigate and there was something that was a problem then everyone would be all over the NFL for not investigating.

It was based on a redacted rumor, not an actual offense that was caught in the act like every arrested player in the NFL.

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I  don't believe the NFL ever thought the allegations were true in the first place once they interviewed Peyton Manning , The League put the pressure on the players to show up & talk to investigators for 1 reason , Tom Brady they wanted to remind the players & there union that they were in charge & if you fail to comply you will face suspension . The games Tom Brady played taking the NFL to court & thwarting the Leagues ability to interview players & parties of interest made this a issue & The NFL will come down hard in the future . Because they can ..

4 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I  don't believe the NFL ever thought the allegations were true in the first place once they interviewed Peyton Manning , The League put the pressure on the players to show up & talk to investigators for 1 reason , Tom Brady they wanted to remind the players & there union that they were in charge & if you fail to comply you will face suspension . The games Tom Brady played taking the NFL to court & thwarting the Leagues ability to interview players & parties of interest made this a issue & The NFL will come down hard in the future . Because they can ..

I don't think the NFL ever believed it either but after what happened with Tom, they had to make an effort to investigate because if they didn't it would've looked bad.

4 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

IMO I think there is truth to your comment.

I know some think this witch hunt was a waist of time but in the NFL eyes their not going to even take any chances when it comes to something that drew this much attention.

When Manning and 3 other pretty high profile players are the center of attention it pretty much made the NFL investigate. Had they not the media would have had a field day with it.

22 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

So you decide without investigating that a charge aired on a national news network is not credible?

You know the NFL (or any other league) cant do that/

Common sense..not nonsense......doesn't hurt anyone to be investigated and cleared

10 hours ago, bababooey said:

This was aired on a national news network.....

...How irresponsible would it be not to investigate a network news report  because you didn't like who aired it?

5 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

That's a good point. It is an interesting coincidence these hearings took place when Tom Brady is about to begin his suspension. I agree, the NFL is sending a message to the league about basic protocol -- when they tell you to do something, you do it. Brady didn't do that and he got suspended. These players, however, showed up and the NFL awarded them for it with no suspensions (even though the NFL probably wasn't going to suspend them anyways!)

I think in the eyes of public opinion, the lack of suspensions on these high-profile athletes will speak volumes that Roger Goodell is not the villain some people perceive him to be. He's a reasonable man IF you do what you're told. Tom Brady didn't.

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Fixed for you 

Triple B....

....the n you'd investigate the allegations if it was the 'E' network. 

......or the BBC?    Same facts or lack of them?

.......See what I mean?  you cant not investigate allegations before you know they are not true..based on the media that reported them....

...and what's wrong with giving players a chance to fully clear themselves...with an investigation.

These players now will always be total cleared of ANY wrongdoing.here .....best case scenario

7 hours ago, bababooey said:

It was based on a redacted rumor, not an actual offense that was caught in the act like every arrested player in the NFL.

..but the rumor would have followed them...

which is why the players needed to be totally cleared..which they were.  The NFL did right and the players benefit here.

I;m glad these guys were totally cleared without question

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

So you decide without investigating that a charge aired on a national news network is not credible?

Common sense..not nonsense......doesn't hurt anyone to be investigated and cleared

The mlb didn't do investigation of their players that were on the sane report.   So.   Yeah other leagues can call nonsense

32 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

which is why the players needed to be totally cleared..which they were.  The NFL did right and the players benefit here.

I sold von miller HGH

I hope the NFL investigated that.   Also JJ Watt bought drugs and guns from me

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The mlb didn't do investigation of their players that were on the sane report.   So.   Yeah other leagues can call nonsense

They didn't do interviews.....But I'd bet  they looked into it. 

...The accusations were no joke to me.....I wanted Peyton cleared in everyone's eye.

You heard the way it was reported by other media that picked up the story.

I didnt like the suggestions on sports media like Fox and ESPN...and I'm sure you didn't either

Now, forever there cant be any doubt in anyone's eyes. That's the way I like it

You can call the allegations nonsense now and now you have an investigation to back it up

55 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I sold von miller HGH

I hope the NFL investigated that.   Also JJ Watt bought drugs and guns from me

8 hours ago, bababooey said:

Brady wasn't arrested was he? The positive test of players for banned substances did not result in arrest did they? Just saying.

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Al Jazeera English (AJE) is an international state-funded 24-hour English-language news and current affairs TV channel owned and operated by Al Jazeera Media Network, which is headquartered in Doha, Qatar.

Credible ?   Not at all it was something to grab headlines for a satellite channel that was going under . They were not a sports network , IMO ESPN has issues with credibility but a station in the middle east reporting on the NFL ? The only story I'm aware of was this 1 & it was proven earlier when Peyton Manning was cleared that it lacked any substance .

Common sense tells me they already knew what the outcome would be , As I previously stated it was the NFL flexing there muscles telling players you will come in & talk or be suspended based IMO on Tom Brady's lack of cooperation in the Deflate - Gate investigation plain & simple & of course your correct it does'nt hurt to be investigated & cleared but honestly based on the facts that was a for gone conclusion obvious to all even this ol caveman .

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is correct.