Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you're a Texans fan, how disgusted are you at this season?

ReMeDy

Their star franchise WR (Andre Johnson) left to join their biggest rival (thankfully for Texan fans, he didn't do squat for us). Meanwhile, their former head coach wins a Superbowl in his FIRST season with a new team using Peyton Manning, of all people. Meanwhile, while it's true the Texans made it to the playoffs, they got absolutely embarrassed at home in their wildcard game, with a score of 0-30.

I can't think of a bigger face palm to a team's season than all of that.

Throw in the fact that this superbowl once again shows the old saying Defense wins championships has a lot of truth to it, and with once in a generation superstar like Watt they have the potential to have a very good defense, yet they cant figure out they need a Q

With Hopkins playing the way he is, losing Johnson wasn't a big deal.

I think Kubiak going to Denver and winning a SB, is more about the team he was given to coach and less about the coach himself.

Houston's problem for a long time has been their QB play.  Until they get somebody that can lead that team from that position they will be more of a pretender than a contender.  There is where your face palm lies, year after year of that continuing to be a problem that isn't adequately addressed. 

1 hour ago, MR. Blueblood said:

With Hopkins playing the way he is, losing Johnson wasn't a big deal.

I think Kubiak going to Denver and winning a SB, is more about the team he was given to coach and less about the coach himself.

Houston's problem for a long time has been their QB play.  Until they get somebody that can lead that team from that position they will be more of a pretender than a contender.  There is where your face palm lies, year after year of that continuing to be a problem that isn't adequately addressed. 

ehh if Houston could (I'm not saying they can) build a defense that plays like Denver's D then I think even Brian Hoyer could win them a championship.

But JJ Watt as good as he is can't make them a dominate D all by himself.

9 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Their star franchise WR (Andre Johnson) left to join their biggest rival (thankfully for Texan fans, he didn't do squat for us). Meanwhile, their former head coach wins a Superbowl in his FIRST season with a new team using Peyton Manning, of all people. Meanwhile, while it's true the Texans made it to the playoffs, they got absolutely embarrassed at home in their wildcard game, with a score of 0-30.

I guess that is the glass is half empty way to look at it.

I go the other way - they made the playoffs with QB combination of Hoyer, Mallett, Yates & Weeden all playing.  I think if I am a Houston fan I am thrilled with that.  If they can get functional QB play, a Texans' fan has to be excited for the future.

Can't a Houston fan be happy for Kubiak and at the same time be thankful they have O'Brien now?

9 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

The Texans have gone 9-7 for two years in a row basically playing without a QB.

There's no reason for Houston fans to be unhappy.      If they get a QB, they'll do fine.

Andre Johnson?      Who cares,  he didn't play well for us.

Gary Kubiak?       He had a great team,  better than he had in Houston,  and he was never a bad coach.

Who cares that they got embarrassed in the Wildcard.     They won the division.   

They should have better days ahead......   (if they can figure out the QB position....)

should have taken a QB not clowney.  i said that the whole time and will keep saying it until they get one.  he is a good player but plays the wrong position.  he has been a better run defender than pass rusher too, so they didnt even get great value out of the pick

37 minutes ago, SteelDragon said:

I remain unimpressed with Kubiak as a coach.  Still scratching my head why he installed a new offense with the success they had the last three years. I thought Wade Phillips earned his keep though

They ran a new offense because Peyton Manning couldn't runt he old one -- he's too beat up.

They needed to become more run oriented and take the pressure off of Peyton.    And it worked.

I'm not sure why you don't understand this?

9 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

ehh if Houston could (I'm not saying they can) build a defense that plays like Denver's D then I think even Brian Hoyer could win them a championship.

But JJ Watt as good as he is can't make them a dominate D all by himself.

I doubt anybody really thinks that Hoyer is an/the answer at QB moving forward, no matter how good of a D they are able to put on the field.

Anybody that can't see that QB is this biggest need for the Texans must be blind.

17 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Really? Coming from fans of a team that didn't make the playoffs...lost at home to their division rivals who hadn't ever beat u on your home field, just saw their old QB who they tossed to the curb go and win a SB with another team and basically break all the records important to the position with a different teams uniform on instead of their own. Even I have to admit...as happy as I was after the game when he was on that podium praising the Bronco nation ....it hurt a little lol. So I don't see how the Texan fans had any worse a season than Colt fans.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Really? Coming from fans of a team that didn't make the playoffs...lost at home to their division rivals who hadn't ever beat u on your home field, just saw their old QB who they tossed to the curb go and win a SB with another team and basically break all the records important to the position with a different teams uniform on instead of their own. Even I have to admit...as happy as I was after the game when he was on that podium praising the Bronco nation ....it hurt a little lol. So I don't see how the Texan fans had any worse a season than Colt fans.

I wasn't trying to gloat or anything, cause yea, the Colts sucked this season too. I'm just was curious how Texan fans were feeling, especially with their former rival (Peyton) and coach (Kubiak) winning a Superbowl together.