Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvins words to Peyton

CantBeStopped

6 hours ago, achcolts said:

What a great read, that might've been the most I've heard from Harrison his whole time in indy 

That's why I always liked Marvin, kinda introverted and stayed out of the spot light. Let his game do the talking. Reminded me of Orioles great Eddy Murray. Not media friendly at all.

Great article, so happy for him.....although our Colts didn't make the postseason, having Marvin and Dungy elected to the hall of fame and having Peyton/Broncos go all the way really made it a great end of the football season for a lot of Colts fans.....on to the offseason, bleh.

Marvin's quiet professionalism is something we rarely see anymore.  The league is full of narcissists that only care about the name on the back of the jersey.

I am truly sick of the kissing of the biceps, the empatic first down motions and all the self glorification of this generations players

14 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

The league is full of narcissists that only care about the name on the back of the jersey.

I am truly sick of the kissing of the biceps, the empatic first down motions and all the self glorification of this generations players

Not this guy!

untitled.png

Marvin always did have everyone's interest first. A great guy. And what a great article. Love that term, the "trifecta". Well, that's going to happen on a monolithic scale when Peyton gets to Canton.

Congrats to the three of you. The trifecta is complete. 

13 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

latest?cb=20150425035445vonmiller_superman_original.gif?w=770

OK...all sarcasm aside, Cam took his team a long way this year.  As long as he shows his immaturity.....he will not be considered a GREAT QB.....

Future advice Mr. Cam (fig) cookie Newton : 

1. Don't walk out on any/and/or if future post SB interviews.

2. Don't pout during post SB interviews.

3. Don't use 1 word answers during post SB interviews.

4. Don't cover your head during post SB interviews like a child. 

5. Most importantly : Don't be a sore loser during post SB interviews. 

Grow up & become a better man. It will serve you well.

6 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Future advice Mr. Fig Newton : 

Heck, he pouted and prodded the media....BEFORE the Super Bowl.  I had a bad feeling with a loss he would be a disgrace!!!

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Heck, he pouted and prodded the media....BEFORE the Super Bowl.  I had a bad feeling with a loss he would be a disgrace!!!

Yep. You were right, BMc11. I really feel bad for his fans & Panther fans right now. I don't think they saw this coming either. I don't care who you are, you just do not act like a child after the SB.

7 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Future advice Mr. Cam (fig) cookie Newton : 

i disagree here.  i neither like nor dislike cam, he is neutral to me

i think "we were outplayed" was a sufficient answer to the questions.  they kept digging for more but we were outplayed is all that needed to be said.  it not his job to make sure the media has a lot of insightful sound bites.

he could have gone with im just here so i dont get fined.  that would have been good,  there is no need to waste everyone's time interviewing people that dont want to talk

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

i think "we were outplayed" was a sufficient answer to the questions.  they kept digging for more but we were outplayed is all that needed to be said.  it not his job to make sure the media has a lot of insightful sound bites.

he could have gone with im just here so i dont get fined.  that would have been good,  there is no need to waste everyone's time interviewing people that dont want to talk

No problem, aa11. You can take that stand. But, Newton would've talked his head off ad nauseam if they would've won. Bank on it. I hate double standard hypocrisy.

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

You make sense here.  The only thing I challenge is:  Cam Newton does all of his theatrics when they are winning...then goes out of the room like a baby with the biggest loss you can have.

Cam is supposed to be the leader of this team.  Leaders hang in there and answer questions with class.  Not turn around and hide in the closet.

Just now, ColtRider said:

No problem, aa11. You can take that stand. But, Newton would've talked his head off ad nauseam if they would've won. Bank on it. I hate double standard hypocrisy.

i just take issue with the whole interview policy.  yes he would have gloated like none other if he had won.  i think its a waste of time to have mandatory interviews with players that dont want to talk.  that should be the coaches job

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i just take issue with the whole interview policy.  yes he would have gloated like none other if he had won.  i think its a waste of time to have mandatory interviews with players that dont want to talk.  that should be the coaches job

Maybe get by with that during the year...Not happening in the Super Bowl.....

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

I can agree with that. However, if you're ordered to get out there ...get out there and take it like the leader you say you are while representing your franchise admirably.

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Maybe get by with that during the year...Not happening in the Super Bowl.....

yeah true.  thing is the game wasnt all that interesting.  his tackles couldn't block and no one but the TE was getting open.  i think he really had no idea what to say for once.  maybe that happens often when he loses i dont follow the panthers 

41 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

yeah true.  thing is the game wasnt all that interesting.  his tackles couldn't block and no one but the TE was getting open.  i think he really had no idea what to say for once.  maybe that happens often when he loses i dont follow the panthers 

I don't follow them either.  Maybe we just get the bad things that are said about him....but as a leader that should not happen.

Nobody mentions that Cam approached Manning with a smile on his face and congratulated him after the game. No, that would go against everyone's agenda to slander him and call him classless. The tirade against him is pretty sickening honestly. And prior to all this I didn't like Cam because he seemed somewhat arrogant. My disgust for all the talk about him rises above any personal aversions I have to his particular personality type. 

Isn't this a thread about Marvin Harrison?  

Harrison was the consummate professional and an excellent vigilante, not only one of my favorite Colt players but someone I'd like living in my neighborhood as well.

Cam is a little cry baby, but that does not need to be discussed on this thread.