Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DraftKings Thread.

Dustin

Hello, all. This thread is for the daily fantasy site DraftKings.

Each week I will list 3 bargains, 3 players that are overpriced, 3 that are the safe bets, and 3 that are leap of faith players,

Staring with Week 1:

Bargains

John Brown, WR, Arizona vs Saints - $4,500

Brown is without question the Cardinals most explosive playmaker on offense. In the pre-season 55% of his targets were on deep passes (20+ yards down the field). The Cardinals play what was one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL last year.]. Brown is a boundary receiver by trade (only played 20% of his snaps in the slot last year) so he should see an ample amount of plays against Brandon Browner, a CB who has seemingly struggled his entire career with players of Brown's skill-set. 

Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami vs Washington - $7,400

Streaming a QB against Washington's defense is a seemingly good strategy this year. Especially when the Redskins will be missing one of their top cornerbacks, like they will week 1. Like, New Orleans, Washington is one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and QB Ryan Tannehill has weapons for days. He will easily outscore his projection and I wouldn't be surprised at a 3+ TD day.

Darren McFadden, RB, Dallas vs NYG - $4,400

Don't be fooled by the acquisition of Christine Michael. Though he will likely be starting by mid-season, Darren McFadden is the Cowboys starter week 1. We know that Darren McFadden isn't the best RB in the league, but it's hard to pass up such a bargain for the starting runner on one of the best offenses in the league against one of the worst run defenses. At the very least, McFadden should see an ample amount of carries and goal-line work. 

Overpriced: 

Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis vs Buffalo - $8,300

Luck comes into week one with questions on the interior line against arguably the best defensive line in the NFL. This is a defense that shut down the likes of Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers last season. If you were going to spend top $ on a QB, spend the extra $300 on Aaron Rodgers. This could be a goose egg game for Luck. 

Jimmy Graham, TE, Seattle vs St. Louis - $5,600

This is not so much about the matchup as it is not knowing exactly what Jimmy Graham's role in the offense will be. Seattle has thrown less passes than any team in the NFL the last 3 years, and I don't see that changing this year with the addition of Fred Jackson. Better off holding off a week for Graham.

Matt Forte, RB, Chicago vs Packers - $7,800

Two big reasons for this one. One, Forte seemingly fell off of a cliff the final 6 weeks on the season (only 305 yards and 3.2 YPC). And two, the Packers will likely dominate this game from the word go and the Bears will be forced to play catch-up, likely limiting Forte's carry total. 

Safe Bets (ones that need no explanation)

Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers vs Bears - $7,600

Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver vs Ravens - $9,100

Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots vs Steelers - $7,000

Leap of Faith: 

Sam Bradford, QB, Philadelphia vs Falcons - $6,900

Same old Sam Bradford? Or does Chip Kelly's offense allow him to dominate Atlanta's subpar defense? 

Frank Gore, RB, Indianapolis vs Buffalo - $5,400

One one hand, Gore is one of the more consistent backs in the league and starts on a top 5 offense. On the other, he's a 32 year old with 2,400+ carries playing one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo vs Indianapolis - $7,000

He's either going to see the majority of his snaps against 3rd round rookie D'Joun Smith or he's going to be shadowed by Vontae Davis. If it's the former, expect him to have a huge day. If it's the latter, expect 3 catches for 21 yards. 

Do you guys partake in these millionaire challenge things? I've never done it but heard you can do great and still come in like 200,000th place and not win anything....

There are several $2, $5 contests you can enter without spending $20, $25 or $50 for an entry. If you don't mind a little dabbling, it is like spending money in a slot machine :) but with a little more thought involved.

There are several $2, $5 contests you can enter without spending $20, $25 or $50 for an entry. If you don't mind a little dabbling, it is like spending money in a slot machine :) but with a little more thought involved.

Ok yea if there are smaller ones where you have a chance at little money I guess that could be something to try. Would stay away from the one where everyone is in it though.

Side note: I heard that you can use your credit card to load 50 dollars for example, if you dont use the money then after a month it goes back into your bank account which you would then use to pay off your credit card and get points. Has anyone known this to be true?

Ok yea if there are smaller ones where you have a chance at little money I guess that could be something to try. Would stay away from the one where everyone is in it though.

Side note: I heard that you can use your credit card to load 50 dollars for example, if you dont use the money then after a month it goes back into your bank account which you would then use to pay off your credit card and get points. Has anyone known this to be true?

I normally use it up, especially if it is in the magnitude of $10 that I dabble with, so don't know about the bank account part. So far, my petty winnings (won $10 once :)) get put back in my online account that I use for more small entries. I never reveal or have to key in the bank account part, enter with a credit card whose info you can monitor and dispute charges if necessary.

If I win big, I will worry about the bank account for the big fat check then (like it is ever going to happen, lol).

Enter 2 or 3 small contests with line ups that you think will work keeping most of the players the same. If I don't win, it may be months before I indulge in it again. Teams' strengths and weaknesses become more obvious in November, and so will injury situations.

Im

I don't. It's basically throwing money away.

they have a free one this week for $10,000

Yea fantasy in general is just difficult. Like who wouldve put Jonas Grey against the Colts last year and won on Draft Kings?

You never now whos going to shine. Ill take my luck if i need the money one day though. Doing it every week would be a bit excessive.

Week 2

Bargains

Justin Forsett, RB, Baltimore vs Oakland - $6,200

The Raiders surrendered over 120 yards and 2 TDs to the combo of Jeremy Hill and Giodude last week. Forsett is coming off of a disappointing week, but he played one of the best defenses in the NFL. The Raider's D is significantly worse. Forsett also saw 7 targets in the passing game. 

Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco vs Pittsburgh - $6,600 

Kaepernick isn't a volume passer, so there's a risk here, but Pittsburgh fields easily one of the worst defenses in the NFL. 

Tyler Eifert, TE, Cincy vs San Diego - $4,200

Eifert is the obvious #2 option in Cincy. He was targeted 12 times last wee, catching 9 of his targets for 100+ yards and 2 TDs. The Chargers gave up 53 yards and a TD to Eric Ebron last week. Eifert's floor is probably around 4-50, but has a very high ceiling. 

Overpriced: 

Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay vs Seattle - $8,300

In Rodger's last 4 games against Seattle, he's averaged a stat line of 206.75 yards, .75 TDs and .75 INTs per game. That would net you about 7 Pts. I definitely would take a pass on ARod this week. 

Adrian Peterson, RB, Minny vs Detroit - $7,700

It was about a year in between games for AD and he didn't look good. I expect more than 10 carries this week, but I don't see production to warrant his cost. 

Andrew Luck, QB, Indy vs NYJ - $8,200

Luck didn't look good against Buffalo in Week one. While I don't think that the Jets will provide the same type of defensive effort, Luck being down his #1 WR (or having him, but him being hobbled), doesn't bode well. Even if Luck has a huge week, I felt good about passing on him. 

Safe Bets:

Drew Brees, QB, NO vs Tampa Bay - $7,800

Odell Beckham Jr. , WR, NYG vs Atlanta - $8,800

Rob Gronkowski, TE, NE vs Buffalo - $7,300

Risks: 

Brandon Marshall, WR, NYJ vs Indianapolis - $6,400

Same situation as Sammy Watkins last week. If Vontae covers him, he'll get blanked. If literally anyone else does, expect a huge day.

Chris Johnson, RB, Arizona vs Chicago - $3,800

Johnson was particularly efficient last week, but he looks decent and got 10 carries in a reserve role. Look for Johnson to get around 15-20 carries this week with possible goal-line work. 

Frank Gore, RB, Indianapolis vs NYJ - $4,800

Gore got no run last week, but with all of this weeks talk about getting him involved in the game plan, I expect many more touches this week and all of the goal line work. 

This is my lineup for the week:

QB - Colin Kaepernick

RB - Marshawn Lynch

RB - Chris Johnson

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Julian Edleman

WR - Donte Moncrief

TE - Tyler Eifert

Flex - Travis Kelce

D/ST- Texans

Nice, I'm playing 2.

QB - Carson Palmer

RB - Carlos Hyde

RB - Chris Ivory

WR - John Brown

WR - DeAndre Hopkins

WR - James Jones

TE - Jimmy Graham

Flex - Julian Edelman

D/ST- Rams

QB - Drew Brees

RB - Jeremy Hill

RB - Chris Johnson

WR - Eric Decker

WR - Pierre Garcon

WR - Andre Johnson

TE - M. Bennett

Flex - Julian Edelman

D/ST- Dolphins

This is my lineup for the week:

QB - Colin Kaepernick

RB - Marshawn Lynch

RB - Chris Johnson

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Julian Edleman

WR - Donte Moncrief

TE - Tyler Eifert

Flex - Travis Kelce

D/ST- Texans

Good Lord. I wish I had went with some higher payout games.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, all. This thread is for the daily fantasy site DraftKings.

Each week I will list 3 bargains, 3 players that are overpriced, 3 that are the safe bets, and 3 that are leap of faith players,

Staring with Week 1:

Bargains

John Brown, WR, Arizona vs Saints - $4,500

Brown is without question the Cardinals most explosive playmaker on offense. In the pre-season 55% of his targets were on deep passes (20+ yards down the field). The Cardinals play what was one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL last year.]. Brown is a boundary receiver by trade (only played 20% of his snaps in the slot last year) so he should see an ample amount of plays against Brandon Browner, a CB who has seemingly struggled his entire career with players of Brown's skill-set.

Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami vs Washington - $7,400

Streaming a QB against Washington's defense is a seemingly good strategy this year. Especially when the Redskins will be missing one of their top cornerbacks, like they will week 1. Like, New Orleans, Washington is one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and QB Ryan Tannehill has weapons for days. He will easily outscore his projection and I wouldn't be surprised at a 3+ TD day.

Darren McFadden, RB, Dallas vs NYG - $4,400

Don't be fooled by the acquisition of Christine Michael. Though he will likely be starting by mid-season, Darren McFadden is the Cowboys starter week 1. We know that Darren McFadden isn't the best RB in the league, but it's hard to pass up such a bargain for the starting runner on one of the best offenses in the league against one of the worst run defenses. At the very least, McFadden should see an ample amount of carries and goal-line work.

Overpriced:

Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis vs Buffalo - $8,300

Luck comes into week one with questions on the interior line against arguably the best defensive line in the NFL. This is a defense that shut down the likes of Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers last season. If you were going to spend top $ on a QB, spend the extra $300 on Aaron Rodgers. This could be a goose egg game for Luck.

Jimmy Graham, TE, Seattle vs St. Louis - $5,600

This is not so much about the matchup as it is not knowing exactly what Jimmy Graham's role in the offense will be. Seattle has thrown less passes than any team in the NFL the last 3 years, and I don't see that changing this year with the addition of Fred Jackson. Better off holding off a week for Graham.

Matt Forte, RB, Chicago vs Packers - $7,800

Two big reasons for this one. One, Forte seemingly fell off of a cliff the final 6 weeks on the season (only 305 yards and 3.2 YPC). And two, the Packers will likely dominate this game from the word go and the Bears will be forced to play catch-up, likely limiting Forte's carry total.

Safe Bets (ones that need no explanation):

Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers vs Bears - $7,600

Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver vs Ravens - $9,100

Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots vs Steelers - $7,000

Leap of Faith:

Sam Bradford, QB, Philadelphia vs Falcons - $6,900

Same old Sam Bradford? Or does Chip Kelly's offense allow him to dominate Atlanta's subpar defense?

Frank Gore, RB, Indianapolis vs Buffalo - $5,400

One one hand, Gore is one of the more consistent backs in the league and starts on a top 5 offense. On the other, he's a 32 year old with 2,400+ carries playing one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo vs Indianapolis - $7,000

He's either going to see the majority of his snaps against 3rd round rookie D'Joun Smith or he's going to be shadowed by Vontae Davis. If it's the former, expect him to have a huge day. If it's the latter, expect 3 catches for 21 yards.

Are you going to this going forward? I just started doing the daily league's

Bargains: 

Donte Moncrief, WR, IND - $5,400

Moncrief has 6+ receptions in 3 of this seasons 4 games. He's currently the 26th receiver in terms of price, and has outplayed his cost every game this season. His floor should be at least 6 catches for around 50 yards. 

DeaAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston - $7,200

A little hard to call the #11 priced WR a bargain, but Hopkins saw a ridiculous 20 targets last game and is one pace for over 200 on the season. Vontae Davis is likely out, so Hopkins will be facing up against Josh Thomas, or a rusty Greg Toler. Either way, I predict a big game for Hopkins.

T.J. Yeldon, RB, Jax - $4.400

Yeldon is a low ceiling player, but benefits greatly from volume. I don't see the Jax-Tampa game turning into any type of shootout, so Yeldon should see around 25ish touches. Nice flex option. 

Overpriced: 

Jimmy Graham, TE, $6,100

This price is a joke lol. Graham has done nothing all season.

Antonio Browns, WR, Pitt $8,700

I really hate to pick against my man Brown, but I don't trust Vick against the team giving up the least amount of fantasy points to wide receivers. 

Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit $7,400 

Johnson has clearly lost a step and faces on of the best pass defenses and secondaries in the NFL. 

Safe Bets: 

Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta $9,200

Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona $6,800

Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay $7,900

Leap of Faith: 

Amari Cooper, WR, Oakland $6,600 vs Denver

Travis Kelce, TE, Kansas City $5,200 vs Chicago 

Devonta Freeman, RB, Atlanta $6,300 vs Washington

My team this week is

Aaron Rodgers

Dion Lewis

Alfred Morris

Julio Jones

Donte Moncrief

Larry Fitzgerald

Tyler Eifert

T.J. Yeldon

Giants DEF

What do you think about bortles this week. He has had pretty good fantasy season other than week one. He is cheap and playing the terrible Texans secondary

What do you think about bortles this week. He has had pretty good fantasy season other than week one. He is cheap and playing the terrible Texans secondary

He's definetly undervalued. I'll probably double dip with him+ARob this weekm.

Team I'm thinking about at this point

Bortles

Forte

Freeman

John brown

Edelman

Landry

Donnell

A Robinson

Bengals d

Looks good. I'd probably tey to tinker to get a better TE though. Remember that all leagues are PPR so pass catchers values goes up.

This is what I have so far, will probably tinker with it later

Jay Cutler

Devonta Freeman

Dion Lewis

Juilan Edelman

Allen Hurns

TY Hilton

Greg Olson

CJ Spiller

Ravens Defense

• 9 months later...
  • 6 years later...
11 minutes ago, brently76 said:

Sam E. Has a price of $4000, who should I stack with him for a tournament play besides Pittman? 

Granson

Taylor probably a good bet too?

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Woods isn't a bad option either.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...