Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts On The Longer Point After Attempts?

RockThatBlue

It's ok. I may change my mind if it cost us a game this year whether that is with Vinny missing or some team scoring a 2pt conversion on us. I think it's good because there are a lot of inconsistent kickers out there, which is why I'm so glad we have our HOF kicker.

I don't like it. It cheapens the proportions of a missed PAT. When you missed a PAT, it was an earth shattering event. Now it's just another play that should go as planned but might not like a run of 1st down or something.

It should be funny seeing Pete and Dale go for 2 in the SB when it's 20-20 with 1 second left though.

I don't mind it. Makes the point after a little more interesting. I think as the season progresses and the bad weather rolls into the cold weather cities you will see it have more of an effect. I also think we will see more two point conversions which are fun plays.

I think I kind of like the rule change.

I think it will make the games more interesting with more teams going for a 2 pt conversion instead of a PAT.

Yeah everybody's gonna like it til their team loses by one point on a missed PAT (not that it hasn't happened before) but its gonna be a bit more common than usual.

• 1 month later...

I don't mind it. Makes the point after a little more interesting. I think as the season progresses and the bad weather rolls into the cold weather cities you will see it have more of an effect. I also think we will see more two point conversions which are fun plays.

I agree. Instead of the PAT being almost automatic, it's at least a little more challenging.