Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gonzalez ?

Susie Q

I thought it was a groin injury, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't be upset to see him get released after this season.

Thanks I wasn't sure what was wrong with him this time and wondered if anyone else might know. I personally think this might be his last year as a colt. Not sure he's worthy of the roster spot. That's a shame because if he could stay healthy he could be a terrific player.

The reason he's not playing is because the receivers have not been injured once and he's a backup. He's missed some games early on in the year, but in the last month and a half he's been healthy, but not going on the field often.

I think a Packer's fan or press made some kind of comment regarding Jordy Nelson, that's it's surprising he's so talented and active because he's Caucasian. I think there is some truth to this. We don't seem to have much look with Caucasian WR's. Look at Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne. When was the last time they got injured? Meanwhile, we have Collie who gets knocked out not once, but twice, to concussions and Gonzalez who is unheard of.

Gonzalez has been a complete bust thus far. He's no good to us on the bench.

I think a Packer's fan or press made some kind of comment regarding Jordy Nelson, that's it's surprising he's so talented and active because he's Caucasian. I think there is some truth to this. We don't seem to have much look with Caucasian WR's. Look at Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne. When was the last time they got injured? Meanwhile, we have Collie who gets knocked out not once, but twice, to concussions and Gonzalez who is unheard of.

Gonzalez has been a complete bust thus far. He's no good to us on the bench.

I don't think race has to do with it. Welker is white and he is leading the league in receptions and yards. Gonzo on the other hand has done nothing.

We have a QB playing who can't complete a pass to Wayne, or Collie, how the heck do you expect Gonzo to do anything when the QB play is trash

I'm just trying to figure out why his chemistry with Garcon is solid. Are they friends? Does the coaching staff go out of their way to get Garcon extra involved? Why do I get the feeling Wayne just lines up on the outside just as a distraction for Garcon?

I'm just trying to figure out why his chemistry with Garcon is solid. Are they friends? Does the coaching staff go out of their way to get Garcon extra involved? Why do I get the feeling Wayne just lines up on the outside just as a distraction for Garcon?

From what I've heard about Wayne backing his man Painter up, then chemistry shouldn't be the issue - I think it comes down to bad QB play solely!

Does anyone have a clue what is wrong with Gonzalez? He is always DNP and never plays anymore.

What's up with him? The reason I'm asking is because I personally don't know and thought someone might. Thanks in advance for any answers to this question

With this team it is seemingly always the same names on the injury report every week, every year. It is simply time to shake this team up and get rid of a lot of "dead weight. "

Nothing about this team has been "solid" since the first half of the KC game. Since KC Indy has been outscored 164 to 44 in 5 games. This team has quit on Caldwell and as a result this is turning out to be one of the all time worst teams in the history of the NFL.

I don't think race has to do with it. Welker is white and he is leading the league in receptions and yards.

I'd say Welker's the exception to the rule. He's also questionable going into each week, not to mention the next thirty or so receivers on the list after him are black guys. Race DEFINITELY has something to do with it.

Does anyone have a clue what is wrong with Gonzalez? He is always DNP and never plays anymore.

What's up with him? The reason I'm asking is because I personally don't know and thought someone might. Thanks in advance for any answers to this question

There are a couple of rumors but very little has been released by the Colts or Gonzo. Caldwell has said Gonzo has been healthy the past several weeks but will not say why he is not playing. Gonzo is also evasive in answering the question.

I dont understand why a healthy Gonzo has been on the field for only one play this year. You would think a number one draft choice would actually help the team (oops, forgot about Hughes...never mind). Yet another draft mistake by the front office.

I'd say Welker's the exception to the rule. He's also questionable going into each week, not to mention the next thirty or so receivers on the list after him are black guys. Race DEFINITELY has something to do with it.

Injuries happen to all players. And they are all different types of injuries too. Welker could be listed as questionable, but there could really be very little doubt that he will play the next game. He could also have an injury that isn't as significant and is one that he can play through. He may also be a quick healer compared to other guys. There are so many factors that could affect him being injury-prone. Bob Sanders is black and injury-prone, Gonzo is white and injury-prone. You can find injury-prone guys of all races and you can find guys who play through injuries of all races.

This whole race thing is shameful for anyone to even count viable. It doesn't matter your race. Just your frame and durability. It only takes one play to take out even the most durable. One spinal tap. One wrong landing. One helmet to helmet and your player is on the list.

This whole race thing is shameful for anyone to even count viable. It doesn't matter your race. Just your frame and durability. It only takes one play to take out even the most durable. One spinal tap. One wrong landing. One helmet to helmet and your player is on the list.

Exactly. There are so many different factors that could affect it that I find it difficult to accept race as a reason for being injury-prone

hes been out a long time, but he needs to get some reps and get back into it, if you think about it, alot of things become understandable when you say the colts dont really care about this season, not losing on purpose, just not going the extra lengths to win. seems like it ever since peyton went on ir, they were like well screw it, lets save money, if we get injuries, let them heal, although addai coming back to soon was a bit stupid.

why dont they just run the ball every down, then they can really practice running the ball, cant do any harm!