Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hasslebeck to St.Louis?

Rebelknight

Luck can win with this o-line, but Hasselbeck can't? Come on, we aren't talking about Kerry Collins in INDY here Matthew can move, change his launch point, & still generate completions & keep drives alive.

Experience matters Jvan. You make it sound like Matthew is an invalid, senior citizen in a wheel chair. LOL! He's not at death's door man.

How many mobile 39 year old qbs are you aware of? Not many qbs would survive behind the oline play we have become accustomed to. Hopefully we won't have to find out how good he can still be.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many mobile 39 year old qbs are you aware of? Not many qbs would survive behind the oline play we have become accustomed to. Hopefully we won't have to find out how good he can still be.

I will grant you that as a QB ages they tend to slow down & have a harder time healing from injuries & Matthew does have lingering back pain issues. I won't lie about that. 

How old was Brett Favre in 2009 when he took the Vikings to the NFC Championship Game? He almost got the job done despite the beating he took in that game. 

Like you said, hopefully we'll never have to put Matthew out there & find out.  ;)

Where does southwest1 say that Matt took the Titans to a division title? It was kind of hard for the Titans, Jags and Texans to win a division when Manning was with the Colts. In case your memory is bad Matt did take the Seahawks to the super bowl. Didn't win it but lost to the Steelers on some very controversial calls by the refs.

Everytime I watch the 2005 SB, it royally ticks me off. Worst zebra officiating I have ever seen in my bleeping life. Grrr!

Yeah I know. I gotta let it go, but I can't because I was really pulling for Matthew & HC Mike Holmgren in Detroit that night. Darn it. Oh well, such is life I guess. 

This isn't fantasy football.  The man has a family who may have a say in the decision.  Plus he is in a great situation professionally.  He has nothing left to prove to anyone anymore.  Multi-million dollar mentor to the youth of the team.  By extension, a multi-million dollar cheerleader.

As i have mentioned several times. He took the Seahawks to the superbowl nine years ago. My other point was, if he couldn't win the south when he was the titans qb, how could he do it now with this oline? He is 39 years old. He wouldn't make it four games with our protection

because it takes teams not just a QB to win a division. I think one could say that the talent outside of the oline and maybe the running back is far better on this Colts team than those titans teams.

Also, Luck could get an injury that causes him to miss two weeks or something. It doesn't have to be a season ending injury. Let's just say Luck gets hurt in the Eagles game and Hasslebeck has to play the next two games against the a jags and titans. You don't think Hasslebeck could win one if not both those games? At the end of the year those one or two wins might very well make the difference on if the Colts make the playoffs or their playoff seeding.

This isn't fantasy football.  The man has a family who may have a say in the decision.  Plus he is in a great situation professionally.  He has nothing left to prove to anyone anymore.  Multi-million dollar mentor to the youth of the team.  By extension, a multi-million dollar cheerleader.

Being a backup QB that must be ready at all times is not a cheerleader. A mentor is not a cheerleader.

Not happing

I know.. That was my point. Hasselbeck stays unless someone offers a first. That's the only way I'd b willing to trade him. And considering no one would ever give up a 1st for him, he stays that's how much I value his mentoring of luck. Guess I have to make sure I type on Barney's level from now on.