Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hasslebeck to St.Louis?

Rebelknight

Yeah Chandler Harnish played like the possible 3rd stringer he is(At best and better 3rd striingers could be had I think)....Unless you want your QB completing 52.8% of his passes while throwing 1 td and 7 picks? Yeah trading Hasselbeck and relying on Harnish as a back up is just not going to happen nor should it unless you want to see  2011 all over again if Luck gets hurt...Cause that's what you would be getting, If we want a pick then just send Henoc Muamba to somebody (I would not do that personally)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooo they shouldn't

Rams have the best defensive line in football and a top 10 defense. They're a QB away from contending

Disagree. In the NFC they wont contend with a mediocre QB. 

Also, there is no long term perspective in adding a Mark Sanchez.

Disagree. In the NFC they wont contend with a mediocre QB.

Also, there is no long term perspective in adding a Mark Sanchez.

Who said anything about Sanchez?

Grab a young QB that can grow with the team like Cousins or McCarron even

All they need is a game manager who can at least put up 14 points and not turnover the ball as much as Bradford did

With the exception of Shaun Alexander Hasselbeck led much less to a SB, I'd be concerned if he could not lead this team into the playoffs

You may want to go back and research that 05 seahawks team. The had 5 all pros on that team. Including two on the oline. That oline was the best in the league with Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson. Not to mention that superbowl was 9 years ago

Yep. Any mediocre QB they trade for is just going to get eaten alive in that division. If Bradford isn't the answer then they need to start looking at the draft.

I don't think it's the problem of Bradford not being the answer it's because his injury could put him out for the whole season. :)

Who said anything about Sanchez?

Grab a young QB that can grow with the team like Cousins or McCarron even

All they need is a game manager who can at least put up 14 points and not turnover the ball as much as Bradford did

People on the internet (i.e. various boards). Look it up. 

Nah, they need a lot more than a game manager if their division and conference. They need someone better than unproven QBs like Cousins (I am not convinced) and McCarron. 

Except his assessment was incorrect and we don't have a time machine to bring back Hassellbeck circa 2005

None of the Seahawks wr's had more then 694 yards receiving that year, Joe Jurevicious had 10 td's but they didn't even have a 700 yard receiver that year....Im right...Heck none of them had more then 67 receptions

People on the internet (i.e. various boards). Look it up.

Nah, they need a lot more than a game manager if their division and conference. They need someone better than unproven QBs like Cousins (I am not convinced) and McCarron.

So if they need someone proven in your opinion, why would they draft a rookie QB next year in Winston & Mariota. What have they proven in the NFL?

I'd take Cousins over them cause he's played in the NFL and won a game or 2

Texans have the most QB's with 4 I believe but they're all average at best so their not a trading partner option

I am thinking Matt might want to...kind of go out as a starter. There is 0 way of knowing if Matt would be better than Chandler..

17 years of NFL experience is my way of knowing that Hasselback would be better than Chandler. There's nothing he hasn't seen and I would trust him if he ever had to take over for Andrew. Harnish hasn't been all that impressive at all against 3rd and 4th stringers in the preseason and if Andrew ever went down with Harnish as backup it would be Curtis Painter 2011 all over again.

You think Hasselbeck wants to be a starter in the league at his age or he is happy being paid a nice wage to be a player coach here in Indy?

I think he prefers it right where he is. Kirk Cousin's is the kid they should be going after he is NFL ready right now.

I agree....although after selling their souls for RGIII, are the Redskins that stupid?

Don't answer that! :)

None of the Seahawks wr's had more then 694 yards receiving that year, Joe Jurevicious had 10 td's but they didn't even have a 700 yard receiver that year....Im right...Heck none of them had more then 67 receptions

Exactly, than ran their way to the superbowl. Alexander had 1900 yards and 28 tds. Good luck getting that kind of production and protection with this oline

I would do it if was for a fourth or better. I understand what you guys are saying that we need a good backup, but I think a high-mid round pick is more valuable than an old backup QB with just a few years left, if that. If Luck gets hurt we aren't going to win the SB anyways, probably not even a playoff game. If we aren't going to win a playoff game I'd rather have a high draft pick with Luck returning than an old QB who will get us 7-8 wins and a draft pick around 14-18. Sure it'd be tough to get through a season with Harnish at the helm, but it'd be worth it in 2015 with a stud O lineman, pass rusher or safety that we draft. Now, all that being said, the chances that a deal gets done are very very slim, and even if one does get done, the chances of Luck getting hurt are also extremely slim, so this discussion is almost irrelevant lol.

I think they'll go full steam ahead after Sanchez or maybe try to coax Dallas out of Weeden.

But I'd laugh my socks off if Fisher has a reunion with Vince Young!

But seriously I think Sanchez makes the most sense being he's been with that OC before.

They still did it with much less to pass to then the Colts have

Their is more to a team than wr. That Seattle team was loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. And like i said, matt is nine years older now. Kerry Collins took those panther teams to the playoffs as well, that meant zero to his ability when he got here

Except his assessment was incorrect and we don't have a time machine to bring back Hassellbeck circa 2005

Age doesn't affect a QB....an old country boy told me that

\\anyone who tells themselves that a quality backup QB (compared to an untested rookie or a mediocre journeyman) does not matter to playoff teams should be listening to other voices..

Their is more to a team than wr. That Seattle team was loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. And like i said, matt is nine years older now. Kerry Collins took those panther teams to the playoffs as well, that meant zero to his ability when he got here

Collins got here with no TC if I remember right. Collins was brought in just 16 days prior to week 1, Though Collins was an average QB to begin with, I agree Collins with the Panthers meant zero to his ability in 2011 but I still say throwing to Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, TY Hilton is better then any wr the Seahawks had to offer that year

So if they need someone proven in your opinion, why would they draft a rookie QB next year in Winston & Mariota. What have they proven in the NFL?

I'd take Cousins over them cause he's played in the NFL and won a game or 2

Texans have the most QB's with 4 I believe but they're all average at best so their not a trading partner option

They are still in college, of course they are unproven. But they have 1st round talent, i.e. more perceived talent than Cousins or any other young, unproven QB in the NFL. That's why they shouldn't rush things and do a trade to secure long term mediocrity.

I could see them winning some games if they took your approach, but they would need someone much better to make some real noise in the NFC.

They are still in college, of course they are unproven. But they have 1st round talent, i.e. more perceived talent than Cousins or any other young, unproven QB in the NFL. That's why they shouldn't rush things and do a trade to secure long term mediocrity.

I could see them winning some games if they took your approach, but they would need someone much better to make some real noise in the NFC.

1st round picks don't always = 1st round round talent though....Especially QB

Yeah Chandler Harnish played like the possible 3rd stringer he is(At best and better 3rd striingers could be had I think)....Unless you want your QB completing 52.8% of his passes while throwing 1 td and 7 picks? Yeah trading Hasselbeck and relying on Harnish as a back up is just not going to happen nor should it unless you want to see  2011 all over again if Luck gets hurt...Cause that's what you would be getting, If we want a pick then just send Henoc Muamba to somebody (I would not do that personally)

Maybe even worse than 11 Painter > Harnish IMO

Age doesn't affect a QB....an old country boy told me that

\\anyone who tells themselves that a quality backup QB (compared to an untested rookie or a mediocre journeyman) does not matter to playoff teams should be listening to other voices..

Jim Sorgi, Curtis Painter?

Man...everyone seems down on backups...the fact is you dont know if they will be horrible or not until...until they get in a regular season game...trent green/warner..bleadsoe/brady..no idea /brett farve..Alex Smith/Kapernick...Nobody on this board thought that Painter would be that bad..why? He didnt play in any regular season games..

Sam Bradford's injury is exactly why Hasslebeck isn't going anywhere.  That's why Matt is here in case something happens to Andrew so the Colts don't get stuck like they did in 2011 without a legit back up QB. 

Also the Rams aren't going to give the Colts anything of real value for Hasslebeck.  He's not a long term answer and frankly I don't think the Rams are a starting QB the level of Hasslebeck away from being a Super Bowl winner. 

Its probably a good thing that you don't run any teams. Consistency doesn't matter of the back up cant play.

Curtis Painter proved that to us..You need a quality backup..not just somebody who's been in the room

... didn't Kap lead SF to the Super Bowl as a backup.

I think he did

Collins was the real backup. Kap is a starting caliber player where as Hasselbeck is not.

He sacked Johnny Clipboard last night. Then he did the money sign Pretty funny

I don't know if he will make the team or not but he is a bit quicker off the snap then some give him credit for and has the ability to give Tackles trouble I think

I'm suprised by some of the vehemence being shown against this idea,if Luck goes down it's season over anyway so you might as well get a decent draft pick out of it. Besides if a good price was offered you really should be taking it on principle,

However no way the Rams want any piece of such a trade.

I'm suprised by some of the vehemence being shown against this idea,if Luck goes down it's season over anyway so you might as well get a decent draft pick out of it. Besides if a good price was offered you really should be taking it on principle,

However no way the Rams want any piece of such a trade.

Nah I think Hasselbeck would still get the team to the playoffs as a wild card, He has shown he is capable of putting up good numbers and taking care of the ball, The problem he looks to have is he just cant stay healthy in which case Harnish could be on the field anyway(If he even makes the team.) but I'd much rather have a decent QB behind Luck rather then have a repeat of 2011.....Or worse. That was just painful to watch.