Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Jennings rumored to want a $14M/ year contract.

I know wide receivers are considered 'divas'...   but Jennings strikes me as a smart guy....

I find it hard to believe he expects that kind of money....

If he gets $10 per year he should throw a huge party...

I was thinking 3 years and $20-25 mill total.     That's a far cry from $14 mill per year....

It's more than likely a negotiating tactic. Start high and negotiate it down to a lower price that's still relatively high. He'll likely settle for around $7-8M a year 

I was thinking the same thing, he's putting a high number to, in reality, shoot for half.

He and his sister can go play for Washington for $14 mil a year. Not here. Reggie Wayne is making 7 a year. In my opinion Jennings has similar skills. No way he's worth twice what Reggie is making. Come back to reality

I take that back. I looked at his career stats. He can't hold Reggie's supporter. He can go to a psychiatrist and find out why he thinks he's worth $14 mil because he's insane for even thinking it.

I was thinking the same thing, he's putting a high number to, in reality, shoot for half.

That's probably it, his agent is trying to get him the most money possible.  So he starts far higher then he knows Jennings can get, some teams call him and counter offer and they work their way to down to something closer to his true value.  

I don't think he's really planning on getting a 14 million a year deal.  

That's probably it, his agent is trying to get him the most money possible.  So he starts far higher then he knows Jennings can get, some teams call him and counter offer and they work their way to down to something closer to his true value.  

I don't think he's really planning on getting a 14 million a year deal.  

I could believe a 14 Million TOTAL contract... haha.

Edit: Over four years....