Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'll do it. The Official Kirk Cousins is better than RGIII Thread.

SilentHill

26/37 329 Yards Passing, 2 TD 1 Int 3 Rush for 22 Yards

This guy needs to be starting in the NFL, no reason he should be sitting behind RGIII on the bench, I think he'll get his time, this could be the whole Vick / Foles drama all over again except in Washington, and that RGIII is better than Vick and Cousins is better than Foles.

I don't think the redskins dare trade him, but he does deserve to start, so when will he get his shot?

You'll do it, but that doesn't mean you are right.

No, I doubt they should trade him unless they get blown away with an offer. He can be a valuable asset to a team, cheap, they don't have to alter the system very much to have him come in and run the offense if needed. 

To me it's a testament to the system that Shanahan has installed.  WCO with some Baylor sprinkles and a zone blocking running scheme.  That would be scary here... 

So unless someone comes knocking with a #1 or a #2 and some change, I doubt they move him. He'll likely stay four years and then move on and possibly get a chance to start. 

No, I doubt they should trade him unless they get blown away with an offer. He can be a valuable asset to a team, cheap, they don't have to alter the system very much to have him come in and run the offense if needed. 

To me it's a testament to the system that Shanahan has installed.  WCO with some Baylor sprinkles and a zone blocking running scheme.  That would be scary here... 

So unless someone comes knocking with a #1 or a #2 and some change, I doubt they move him. He'll likely stay four years and then move on and possibly get a chance to start. 

If RGIII keeps taking shots, like the one he took that knocked him out of this game, Cousins will get his chance to run the show sooner rather than later IMHO.

Please, Cousins is good, but he's not RG3. The offenses they ran were hardly similar; Cousins was running a more traditional offense with bootlegs every third play. The running game was pretty much shut down and as a result Cousins had success on PA (they were keying on Morris). He still threw into traffic far too much, but no doubt he looked good.

RG3 is a different threat. He'd have hung 38 on the Browns before making way for Cousins for mop-up duty.

WCO with some Baylor sprinkles and a zone blocking running scheme.  That would be scary here... 

I can only dream. 1 of 3 decisions I really did not agree with Grigson made

system qbs. you cant say that about luck because he learn an entirely new offense. its the baylor offense with a couple of tweaks for the redskins.

False. The offense is 150% Mike Shanahan's WCO but run out of the pistol. That's really all it is. For Kirk Cousins they removed the pistol element.

And if you want to get technical, Luck hardly learned a new offense because he ran a pro-style before and runs a pro offense now. False equivalancy.

False. The offense is 150% Mike Shanahan's WCO but run out of the pistol. That's really all it is. For Kirk Cousins they removed the pistol element.

And if you want to get technical, Luck hardly learned a new offense because he ran a pro-style before and runs a pro offense now. False equivalancy.

Both QBs had to learn new offenses.  Luck is dealing with new terminology and a new offensive philosophy just as Griffin is.

Luck just has more experience going through progressions courtesy of his time in Harbaugh's WCO.

system qbs. you cant say that about luck because he learn an entirely new offense. its the baylor offense with a couple of tweaks for the redskins.

This statement tells me that you dont watch any Redskins games.

lol here we go with this again.  Even tho analyst, coaches etc have already said that it's not Baylors offense.  Both RG3 and Cousins have had to learn Shanahans offense.  He just tailored it to each of their strengths. 

RG3 is a good pocket passer who is deadly on the edges has game breaking speed.  He runs out of the pistol so we can use that speed to our advantage on offense.

Cousins is a more traditional drop back passer who is more comfortable from under center.  He has decent speed for a quarterback, but nothing on the level of RG3.  Agaisnt Clevland, they tailored the offense to his strengths.

You have to give the Shanaclan credit for being able to modify their offense in 1 week to suit Cousins comfort level.  Thats great coaching.

The way RG plays exposing himself to big time hits has already benched him. If this continues ehv will be another Big Ben or Cutlker type player missing many game to inury. The Skins better hold on to Cousins for dear life because RG is sticking his body in to a meat grinder.

i can see rgIII suffering from david carr syndrome

But not the number 1 pick who is running for his life behind a horrible Oline? ya know...the guy who has been chased and hit the most? Just like Carr was in his day? Because Luck weighs 20lbs more hes invincible? And cause RG3 is more athletic so he is injury prone? Some Colts fans on here should be more worried about our guy..whose gettin smacked around like a rag doll. Instead of secretly wishing for RG3 to get injured so they can say I told ya so and feel a little more satisfied going to sleep at night knowing we got the right guy.

Just like Luck has to work on making his reads quicker and taking the checkdown faster in order to save his behind, RG3 has to work on taking a 5 yd run instead of getting 15 and getting hit which could result in a injury or turnover. Similar problems, with both Qbs just trying to do to much, instead of taking what the defense gave him. (common rookie problems)

Now to the op...hypothetical scenario.. your the owner of the colts...Luck finds his true passion in table tennis and leaves the NFL life. So ya need a QB now. Phone rings, you look at the caller display it reads: D. Snyder. You answer it and he cuts straight to the point..."Kirk Cousins or RG3 for your first round pick?" Who do you choose?

Thats what I thought...

That's a good poing regarding Luck. He's been hit just as much if not more than Griffin. People forget that the pocket is just as violent a place as scrambling (which, by the way, is how RG3 got hurt, not on a designed run. Pretty much a fluke). Griffin's threat to run actually forces the defensive line to play contain, so he's not as risk at getting hit as Luck would be. I am pretty confident that Luck is second in the NFL in QB hits behind Rodgers.

That's a good poing regarding Luck. He's been hit just as much if not more than Griffin. People forget that the pocket is just as violent a place as scrambling (which, by the way, is how RG3 got hurt, not on a designed run. Pretty much a fluke). Griffin's threat to run actually forces the defensive line to play contain, so he's not as risk at getting hit as Luck would be. I am pretty confident that Luck is second in the NFL in QB hits behind Rodgers.

He didn't get hurt in the pocket. He got hurt running.

The pocket isn't safer than sprinting? Lol, yeah maybe not the Colt's pocket, but in general they are much safer. No I'm kidding, it's still safer. 2 moving players will have more kinetic energy than 1 moving player.

What's worse? A parked car being hit by a moving car or 2 moving cars hitting each other head on?

The pocket isn't safer than sprinting? Lol, yeah maybe not the Colt's pocket, but in general they are much safer. No I'm kidding, it's still safer. 2 moving players will have more kinetic energy than 1 moving player.

What's worse? A parked car being hit by a moving car or 2 moving cars hitting each other head on?

Obviously the latter.

Better question is which happens more often?

Also please remember that Cousins did it against the SORRY butt BROWNS. I know they are getting better and they won 3 in a row before the Redskins game but you have to look deeper. They beat the Raiders and Kansas City 2 of the worst teams in football and they beat the Steelers led by Charlie Batch the Browns forced 8 turnovers and barely won. You should easily blow a team out with 8 turnovers...Why didn't they? Because they are not very good. The redskins would have put up 50 plus points if RG3 played. The browns could not stop the bootleg and Wr's were running wide open all day off play action. RG3 would have had 300 plus yards passing and easily over 100 yds. rushing. kirk was wide open to run on boots and did occasionally and his 10 yard gains would have been 25 yd plus gains for RG3.

I'm surprised that I didn't do this already. I mean, draft night I said by the end of 2013 RG3 would be catching passes from Cousins, and I still think he should play receiver in favor of Cousins at QB.

It's a good thing you're not a coach, then.

Can someone find out who Silent Hill is....   find out where he lives and send paramedics to his house.

I think he's suffered a stroke!

Kirk Cousins maybe very good.   Maybe he's a good starting QB in this league.   But based on one good game you've ready to proclaim he's better than RG3?!?!?

Quick!   Someone get professional help to Silent Hill --- and STAT!!!     :panic:

He will have a better career playing like Antwaan Randle El. I don't see his QB skills carrying into another year after defenses watch his rookie film.

Right. Because accuracy, great arm strength, and athleticism will translate to a poor QB?

Look, I get it: people immediately like to typify him as a running quarterback because Cam Newton, Vince Young, and Mike Vick were/are all running quarterbacks. However ill informed of an idea this is, you're welcome to have it. However, it is absolutely false; Griffin is nothing like these quarterbacks, and the longer that you continue to insist he's one, the less amount of time you'll actually get to enjoy watching him play.

And another thing, I don't want to hear anything about how defenses have "figured out" Cam Newton. He has balled out just as well this year as he has last year. The Panthers' early defensive struggles were projected onto Newton, partially because of his poor attitude after the Giants game, but it's telling when they haven't lost a game by more than a touchdown. I would consider them heavy playoff favorites next year.

Right. Because accuracy, great arm strength, and athleticism will translate to a poor QB?

Look, I get it: people immediately like to typify him as a running quarterback because Cam Newton, Vince Young, and Mike Vick were/are all running quarterbacks. However ill informed of an idea this is, you're welcome to have it. However, it is absolutely false; Griffin is nothing like these quarterbacks, and the longer that you continue to insist he's one, the less amount of time you'll actually get to enjoy watching him play.

And another thing, I don't want to hear anything about how defenses have "figured out" Cam Newton. He has balled out just as well this year as he has last year. The Panthers' early defensive struggles were projected onto Newton, partially because of his poor attitude after the Giants game, but it's telling when they haven't lost a game by more than a touchdown. I would consider them heavy playoff favorites next year.

1- I didn't say he was "just a running QB", so I'm not "ill-informed"

2- I never once said anything of Cam Newton.

Now that you have your facts about my statement correct, I honestly don't think Griffin will continue at this level. His accuracy isn't as phenomenal as some will have you believe. Also, those traits don't make bad quarterbacks. Bad decision making does. His poor decision making skills when running or under pressure make him a serious injury and turnover liability.

I'm terrified by his four interceptions.
Numbers are skewed. An example is Luck; Luck hasn't made the wrong decisions on some of his interceptions, the receiver just tipped it to a defender. Griffin's bad passing choices will come back to bite him. This is the NFL. If you make stupid throws you WILL get punished.

Numbers are skewed. An example is Luck; Luck hasn't made the wrong decisions on some of his interceptions, the receiver just tipped it to a defender. Griffin's bad passing choices will come back to bite him. This is the NFL. If you make stupid throws you WILL get punished.

If you're going to credit Luck for potentially inaccurate passes that bounced off receivers' hands or ones that simply were dropped, why don't you add back in dropped interceptions or ones that were called back, such as in the Lions and Jaguars games?

You speak of Griffin's "bad passing decisions" as if they aren't an anomaly. His wide receivers are among the tops in the league in yards after the catch because he has excellent ball placement. Not to mention he rarely puts the ball in harms way, which sometimes leads to sacks because he holds it too long, but I digress.

26/37 329 Yards Passing, 2 TD 1 Int 3 Rush for 22 Yards

This guy needs to be starting in the NFL, no reason he should be sitting behind RGIII on the bench, I think he'll get his time, this could be the whole Vick / Foles drama all over again except in Washington, and that RGIII is better than Vick and Cousins is better than Foles.

I don't think the redskins dare trade him, but he does deserve to start, so when will he get his shot?

Foles is better than Cousins and by a significant margin.

Lomas Brown on ESPN "First Take" did make a valid point today for Andrew Luck as Rookie Of The Year. Luck's offensive line isn't the greatest, his running backs aren't the best either which eliminates the reliability of the play action pass or flee flicker, and Luck is carrying his team to victory in at least 6 comeback games this season. A compelling argument IMHO. Plus, Luck is following a HOF QB legend in Peyton Manning & handling the pressure exceptionally well. 

Both QBs are average. It's the team that's good.

Emma, 

I will admit that London Fletcher & that defense is solid coupled with a darn good running game, but does the name Rex Grossman ring a bell? Believe me, moving the ball downfield with your arm or your legs matters. Oh yeah, no throw interceptions on RG3's part helps significantly too.  :thmup: