Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's throwing motion

GoodLuck

At times it seems like Rodger's. Quick and lots of velocity. Then he'll thow a pass like the pick 6 in Pitt that looks like Tebow's motion with little velocity. I remember how Peyton sped up his delivery and even added velocity after college. Think Luck can do this too?

No, Luck does not possess those types of skills like Manning has. Manning has a decelerator built into his head, when he needs to take some steam off, it's automatic based on the computer telling him position of the receiver and how fast and at what angle this receiver is. When needing to add velocity, Manning has a major edge in that he is taller than Luck and can see over lineman and detect the exact needed velocity based on his navigation system, again built-in, which allows him perfect angles and trajectory of every ball thrown. Luck has skills but no where near Manning. It's quite evident in watching the Redskins game that he has a LOT to learn, And i hope he doesn't become a Ryan Leaf like the commentator said and like Collinsworthless said.

No, Luck does not possess those types of skills like Manning has. Manning has a decelerator built into his head, when he needs to take some steam off, it's automatic based on the computer telling him position of the receiver and how fast and at what angle this receiver is. When needing to add velocity, Manning has a major edge in that he is taller than Luck and can see over lineman and detect the exact needed velocity based on his navigation system, again built-in, which allows him perfect angles and trajectory of every ball thrown. Luck has skills but no where near Manning. It's quite evident in watching the Redskins game that he has a LOT to learn, And i hope he doesn't become a Ryan Leaf like the commentator said and like Collinsworthless said.

Peyton is only an inch taller. And I doubt he was as good throwing the ball now as he was when he was a rookie. Luck will get there. But comparing Luck now to Peyton now is way off. Look at Peytons rookie year, a bunch of INTs. I've seen plenty of his rookie clips and quite a bit of his INTs were from passes without much velocity. The speed of the NFL is alot faster than college.

Is he man or machine? Maybe somebody should look into this because it seems like he has such an unfair advantage compared to the other mere mortals that play this game. Who needs roids or HGH when you're a cyborg.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or just utter nonsense.

At times it seems like Rodger's. Quick and lots of velocity. Then he'll thow a pass like the pick 6 in Pitt that looks like Tebow's motion with little velocity. I remember how Peyton sped up his delivery and even added velocity after college. Think Luck can do this too?

This may be the first and only time Luck and Tebow ever compared to each other,LOL.

No dude, Luck's arm & motion is fine. He doesn't have a RG3/Bert Jones arm but more than fine.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or just utter nonsense.

I wonder why I even look at these message boards and then I see a good post like yours. Congrates on making a fool out of the guy without crossing the silly boundaries on this forum. BTW... my gues is he's serious.

There is absolutely no way I'd touch Luck's throwing motion....in any way

it would be like telling Jenneifer Love Hewitt she should reverse the surgery

ok,ok, lets not jump to conclusions like "Tebow and Luck have the same throwing motion", or "he's the next Ryan Leaf". He is not like Tebow and even less like Leaf. He has yet to snap in a regular season game. Please have patience, whatever "IT" is, Andrew Luck has "IT". He will mature just as Peyton and every quarterback in the league has done.

Well....

Two big busts in this thread. There's no comparing any quarterback's throwing motion to Tebow. Luck was (A) late on his pick-6 and (B) aimed it... a recipe for disaster...

The other ummm.... ahhh.... ehhhh.... bust comment was about Jennifer Love Hewitt and her.... ummmm.... ahhh... ehhhh... assets?

They're real, and they'e spectacular. She's never gone under the knife. She's very public about it. The 'twins' are all hers.

More power to her!! :thmup::worthy:

My thoughts on Lucks throwing motion.

College ball and probably HS, he would NOT have faced the speed for the vast part from the opposing defenses. Which "may" be why we often see touch passes, which are extremely accurate but without the "zip" we were used to from Peyton. But if I remember right, Peyton often threw those same type of touch passes his first season before starting to put the rocket on

Luck can bomb it, no question about it. But playing a full season at the NFL level, with the speed he'll have from his receivers (which he didnt have at ALL at Stanford) and the speed from the opposing Defense, he'll learn how/when to rocket the ball where he wants it.

Right now I just want to see him making the right decisions as a QB, and then he'll learn how to rocket the ball into the tight windows when the touch passes no longer work

Well....

Two big busts in this thread. There's no comparing any quarterback's throwing motion to Tebow. Luck was (A) late on his pick-6 and (B) aimed it... a recipe for disaster...

The other ummm.... ahhh.... ehhhh.... bust comment was about Jennifer Love Hewitt and her.... ummmm.... ahhh... ehhhh... assets?

They're real, and they'e spectacular. She's never gone under the knife. She's very public about it. The 'twins' are all hers.

More power to her!! :thmup::worthy:

I dont believe you about JLH, NCF..

I want you to go find her and demand to examine the evidence for con'firm'ation one way or another.. :flirty:

The only motion I can think about at this time is, Luck sure seems to me like he is a outstanding young man!! I feel like a father figure for some reason are would be if I could!! That's all I can say, I like the young man for some reason more than for a football

reason. Something I didn't feel about Manning but that's just me.

Coltsince4

I actually agree with you. Sometimes the balls comes out like a missile. On the pick 6, there wasn't much heat on it. I am sure he will get down when he needs more speed. I remember watching Manning as a rookie and wondering if he would always throw wobbly balls.

There is absolutely no way I'd touch Luck's throwing motion....in any way

it would be like telling Jenneifer Love Hewitt she should reverse the surgery

What surgery? I've never had the pleasure to touch them, but I'd bet anything those are real. And they are spectacular.

I actually agree with you. Sometimes the balls comes out like a missile. On the pick 6, there wasn't much heat on it. I am sure he will get down when he needs more speed. I remember watching Manning as a rookie and wondering if he would always throw wobbly balls.

On the pick six, his feet got heavy and he was under pressure. That throw (which we'll see again many times throughout his career) doesn't signify that there's something wrong with his throwing motion. It signifies that his mechanics broke down on that throw, and the reasons are pretty obvious. It's like you're driving a stick shift and your foot slips off the clutch as your changing gears. Nothing wrong with the car, and you can still drive a stick, but you got sloppy.

The issues with Tebow's mechanics are many and varied. It's not that he doesn't have speed and velocity on his throws, it that his release point is inconsistent, his footwork is sloppy, his wind up is deliberate, etc. It's like driving a stick shift and your clutch is going out.