Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Madden 13 Ratings

NCost12

These were the official ratings posted by ea sports for Madden 13, they had Andrew Luck 84 overall with 82 speed, 60 awareness 92 throw power and 81 deep accuracy. He was higher overall then QBs...

Carson Palmer (84)

Andy Dalton (83)

Alex Smith (83)

RGIII (83)

Ryan Fitzpatrick (82)

Josh Freeman (82)

Matt Cassel (80)

Kyle Orton (80)

Mark Sanchez (80)

Sam Bradford (80)

And more.

60 awareness? Really? I know he's a rookie, but he has incredible football IQ

Yeah but to be fair he's got 93 short acc and 90 med acc, give him any higher in awareness and he'd be one of the best QBs in the game.

Yeah but to be fair he's got 93 short acc and 90 med acc, give him any higher in awareness and he'd be one of the best QBs in the game.

Well, isn't that saying something? lol " One of the Best QB's in the Game" is something you'll be hearing in let's say......... 3-4 Years. lol

Thats how Madden's rating system has always been...they prioritize the overall rating above all else and will decrease certain attributes to make sure an overall rating doesn't get too high. Where in reality a certain person's awareness, agility, or in many cases with lesser known players speed should be anywhere from a few points to about 10 points higher.

Thats how Madden's rating system has always been...they prioritize the overall rating above all else and will decrease certain attributes to make sure an overall rating doesn't get too high. Where in reality a certain person's awareness, agility, or in many cases with lesser known players speed should be anywhere from a few points to about 10 points higher.

Or you got those Overall 68-75 WR's who's speed is 96-99 & Burns your Slot CB on a Fly Route to Score the Game-Winning Touchdown :thmdown:

But hey, that's Madden for you :dunno:

Or you got those Overall 68-75 WR's who's speed is 96-99 & Burns your Slot CB on a Fly Route to Score the Game-Winning Touchdown :thmdown:

But hey, that's Madden for you :dunno:

Denarius Moore! lol I loved playing (or trading in franchise) with the raiders because of him and run DMC

Denarius Moore! lol I loved playing (or trading in franchise) with the raiders because of him and run DMC

Exactly. But I'm the "Franchise Mode Hustler" in Madden. I pick the Colts and Trade away Peyton & Everyone for Top Players & 1st Round Picks. By Year 2, I'm the MOST Dominate Franchise in the NFL

And yet you'll all buy Madden still. Even when the game is significantly flawed.

I declared my stopping. I have Madden 12, but I'm not getting anymore. I've become HOOKED on the NCAA Series. NCAA 13 is EXCELLENT!!!

And yet you'll all buy Madden still. Even when the game is significantly flawed.

Lol, significantly flawed??? Because a guy runs faster than another guy, and makes a catch?

What do you expect them to do? Make the guy fall down? If you're playing against an opponent, and he makes that play on you, it's because you called the wrong coverage. Also, if your difficulty is set incorrectly, it makes things like that work to your advantage. If you set the difficulty appropriately, your QB will likely underthrow the ball, or the press coverage will slow the receiver down enough to negate his speed and give plenty of time for the defenders to shut him down. I've played each iteration of the game, and that kind of play works 1 out of 5 times, maybe, and that's with fairly lax difficulty settings.

People play video games primarily hoping to succeed or do well. Not everyone simply wants to play and get the crap kicked out of them on every down. It's a game, people generally want to win when they play it.

I declared my stopping. I have Madden 12, but I'm not getting anymore. I've become HOOKED on the NCAA Series. NCAA 13 is EXCELLENT!!!

Huh? I switched from Madden12 to NCAA13 (until Madden 13 is out), and I have to say that several aspects of gameplay seem like a major drop back. Heck, there is 1 QB motion for all of the QBs. 1.

Taylor Martinez of the Huskers is a shot-putter (his throwing motion sucks), and he looks like a decent QB, when he is really anything but.

EDIT: Not to mention, EVERY single player has a fat, hulky looking neck/face, despite being 6'0, 180lbs.

I actually the play the game to lose....well almost lose. It's far too easy on all pro to win, but then all madden has the right difficulty in terms of the computer, but your wr will drop the ball if they get hit and the cpu will break a 1000 tackles. Madden needs to combine all pro and all madden to form the perfect setting. That would be the perfect challenge.

I think they should give each player honest ratings and not worry about the total. If the player has good accuracy, arm strength, awareness, etc. and his ratings happen to make him very good and even better than some pros, what's the problem? I'm not saying his awareness should be 95, but I thinking 75-80 would be accurate for him right now.

Lol, significantly flawed??? Because a guy runs faster than another guy, and makes a catch?

What do you expect them to do? Make the guy fall down? If you're playing against an opponent, and he makes that play on you, it's because you called the wrong coverage. Also, if your difficulty is set incorrectly, it makes things like that work to your advantage. If you set the difficulty appropriately, your QB will likely underthrow the ball, or the press coverage will slow the receiver down enough to negate his speed and give plenty of time for the defenders to shut him down. I've played each iteration of the game, and that kind of play works 1 out of 5 times, maybe, and that's with fairly lax difficulty settings.

People play video games primarily hoping to succeed or do well. Not everyone simply wants to play and get the crap kicked out of them on every down. It's a game, people generally want to win when they play it.

It's not flawed because of a speedy receiver. The franchise has always been flawed, and EA doesn't care to fix it. They rehash the previous years game with a new roster.

If they would fix all-madden mode, which they said they did, and get rid of the super-jumping linebackers and Walter Payton-like third string running backs then All-Madden would be playable for me but they literally make you lose on some games and thats the truth

I think they should give each player honest ratings and not worry about the total. If the player has good accuracy, arm strength, awareness, etc. and his ratings happen to make him very good and even better than some pros, what's the problem? I'm not saying his awareness should be 95, but I thinking 75-80 would be accurate for him right now.

and that would likely put his overall up to about 86-88 and that would cause an uproar from RG3 supporters, in studio, asking why he wouldn't be more aware and cause them to raise his ratings then pretty soon every rookie just rose up 5 overall points where most of them are rated realistically (in terms of overall rating) and that would cause some people to gripe about how so many rookies are better than one specific group of veterans or another

Maybe they should, but it's not really worth it. Imagine the outrage that would come from some people (mainly Skins fans) if Luck entered the game with a 90 rating?

Just as a point of interest with the stats Madden 13 have given him, if his awareness was 75 he'd be 89 OVR, if it was 80 he'd be 91 OVR.

EA could easily just make their categories carry less weight. Instead of fiddling with stats.

There's another possibility. Give them the ratings they deserve, but make them worth different amounts when calculating the overall rating....but now why would EA do something to make the game more realistic and improved?

There's another possibility. Give them the ratings they deserve, but make them worth different amounts when calculating the overall rating....but now why would EA do something to make the game more realistic and improved?

Because it's EA. They're lucky the have sub-companies like DICE, Battlefield creators, to keep them alive.

Also funny you should bring that up. Here's the Link to what they tried to do to make it more realistic. There's a Video at the bottom of the page that shows how it works

http://www.vgstrategy.com/infinity-engine-will-improve-madden-13-physics/

60 awareness? Really? I know he's a rookie, but he has incredible football IQ

He was rated 85 when they first revealed ratings... And RG3 was just 82. Luck has looked great in camp, Griffin has struggled. What made them think they should move Luvk down and RG up? Oh yeah, hype...

It's nice they are finally making an attempt, but that technology has been around for quite some time.

Looks sloppy to me. Pretty much telling people that you shouldn't touch anyone or you'll stubble or something. It's gonna suck to be a DB in that game. Lot of pass interferences when you try to go for the ball

Yep. Bethea deserves more than 88 speed, but he plays for Indy, so even though he's the best tackling safety in the NFL, he gets *ed.

Madden 10 was the best. 11 and 12 were atrocious. I didn't even buy 12. I played the demo and knew right away it was somehow worse than 12.

I'm going to give this year's game a try, though. From everything they have said, they seem to actually be putting some effort into it, now. It's got a lot of similarities with the new NCAA game, and it's been getting a lot of good reviews.

Last year's Madden was actually pretty good. People just want it to be stupidly easy to play and win. Put it on All-Madden and learn a thing or two about football and you'll see how its incredibly realistic. If you go into the game with a lower rated QB, you have to start him off with a couple of completions to get him into a rhythm then you can start winning. Passing every down won't win you games either. Balance is the key.

As far as the topic goes, I'm glad to see Luck is rated that high because his short and intermediate passing is his strong traits.

Oh yeah, Madden ALWAYS makes our Players the Worst

Pat Angerer an 80 overall with like 81 tackling... Reggie Wayne dropped to a 90 overall despite almost getting 1000 with Painter and Co. Austin Collie dropped to a B potential despite getting a decent amount of yards fresh off of 2 concussions and again, with Painter and Co. I know potential doesn't matter anymore, thank the lord.

Exactly. But I'm the "Franchise Mode Hustler" in Madden. I pick the Colts and Trade away Peyton & Everyone for Top Players & 1st Round Picks. By Year 2, I'm the MOST Dominate Franchise in the NFL

Yes. Is NCAA 13 a good get. My last NCAA was 2008 and you had to maintain a GPA.

Yes. Is NCAA 13 a good get. My last NCAA was 2008 and you had to maintain a GPA.

Yes it is a great game dynasty mode is fun as heck you actually get to call recruits and persuade them to come. Im trying to rebuild the penn state organization right now haha

Yes it is a great game dynasty mode is fun as heck you actually get to call recruits and persuade them to come. Im trying to rebuild the penn state organization right now haha

I remember recruiting prospects and promising them stuff like they get to wear a certain number.

My team would be obviously Texas