Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are 19th most valuable sports franchise in the world

The Peytonator

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ikdf/19-indianapolis-colts-2/#gallerycontent

Yup. This isn't just NFL franchises either. Dallas was the most valuable NFL franchise and they came in 3rd on the list.

I never totally bought into the idea that Indy is a small market. Obviously teams like the Giants and Redskins are gonna be worth a lot more, but I've always felt ours was a respectable enough market.

Yankees #3

Manchester Unted #1

I haven't seen it but the Peytonator said the Cowboys were # 3. I'm not crazy bout either team. Not worried bout it though. Colts deserve to be on the list. I would've put them in the top 25-30 but top 20 is even better. I figure the Lakers & Celtics are in the top 10. Maybe even the top 5 for at least 1 of them

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ikdf/19-indianapolis-colts-2/#gallerycontent

Yup. This isn't just NFL franchises either. Dallas was the most valuable NFL franchise and they came in 3rd on the list.

I never totally bought into the idea that Indy is a small market. Obviously teams like the Giants and Redskins are gonna be worth a lot more, but I've always felt ours was a respectable enough market.

Dan Schniders pockets are so deep I could drill for oil a couple miles down & just hit the tip of it. Heard he has alot of yes men. If that's the case they won't win a SB for awhile. Even w/RG3

I haven't seen it but the Peytonator said the Cowboys were # 3. I'm not crazy bout either team. Not worried bout it though. Colts deserve to be on the list. I would've put them in the top 25-30 but top 20 is even better. I figure the Lakers & Celtics are in the top 10. Maybe even the top 5 for at least 1 of them

He's right. I mixed things up.

1. Manchester United

2. Real Madrid

3. Yankees

4. Cowboys

5. Redskins

6. LA Dodgers

7. Patriots

8. Barcelona

9. Giants

10. Arsenal.....lol

Every football team made the top 50. I hesitate to call it the world's dominant sport though, since the top 2 franchises were futbol, as they say it in other countries.

It's not just the market.... it's also about the very generous stadium deal the city cut with the team.

The Colts pay the city a grand total of $250k every year. And for that, the city pays everything else. The upkeep, and the employees, etc. for the stadium.

That's a sweetheart deal..!!

That, in part, why we're at 19th.

Not complaining, just an observation. That's all.

I'm not much of a futbol fan. I'd honestly never heard of a team called the Arsenal Gunners. Kinda surprised me to see them so high on the list.

Oh. They're a prominent team. Surprised that you havent heard of them on ESPN at some point, not that "futbol" is important here anyways haha. Pretty cool name though, huh?

Lets not forget that the US is still the worlds most powerful economy, that the NFL is the most popular league in the US, and that the shared TV contracts and the salary cap goes a LONG way towards equalizing the value of franchises.

The top soccer clubs are incredibly wealthy, but there are hundreds of "professional" soccer teams, and it is an utter free-for-all to sign the best players. In several prominent countries a couple of teams dominate every year in every respect. Yes Peytonator, Nobody, Arsenal is a "top" team, but frankly I didn't think that they would be "that" high. Chelsea (also in London) was only 45th. Actually SIX of the 20 English Premier League teams this upcoming season will be in the greater London market - considerably smaller than NY of course. Who the heck knows how many more team there are in the lower divisions. Very few teams have stadiums like any given NFL team has. It's really pretty crazy. It's really pretty cool actually.

manchester united my team but football is my countrys biggest sport and many other alot of people dont watch nfl i lv nfl am a colts fan id say its easier to be wealthiest franchise cause alot more people watch it and they try to advertise alot in other countries and go and play there in pre season nfl dont really do that stuff except play a game in england

http://www.forbes.co...#gallerycontent

Indy is a small market..... Houston is 3 times the size of Indianapolis, I believe

I would guess this has to do with the NFL contract and the old country boy we just cut...