Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck STILL not worried about Contract....

NewColtsFan

A new story over on NFL.com

In fact, when you're reading it, there's a click-through story as well with similar (but some additional) info.

Since Rookies are at this player symposium, Luck was interviewed there.... Says all the right things...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3078c/article/andrew-luck-not-worried-about-contract-getting-done

I wish he hadn't hired his uncle to be his agent... Will he be able to fire him if he has to? Is he even a good agent?

He has experience, maybe not as a player rep but in sports management and executive decision making. And then Oliver Luck has plenty of NFL experience and connections. The rookie contract under the new CBA really should be simple. And I think the agency that his uncle got on with is looking to get into NFL representation, so they probably worked some things out in Luck's favor. They should have a lot more experience in three or four years when it's time to negotiate his extension.

I really don't know what the fuss is about. Only a little more than 1/2 of the first round draft choices have signed contracts. Under the old system, most of our draft choices didn't sign until a couple of days before camp started. Why the angst?

He has experience, maybe not as a player rep but in sports management and executive decision making. And then Oliver Luck has plenty of NFL experience and connections. The rookie contract under the new CBA really should be simple. And I think the agency that his uncle got on with is looking to get into NFL representation, so they probably worked some things out in Luck's favor. They should have a lot more experience in three or four years when it's time to negotiate his extension.

When Anthony Davis becomes the first overall pick tonight, Wasserman will be able to claim that it has represented the most recent number one picks in the NFL, NBA, MLB, and MLS drafts.

A new story over on NFL.com

In fact, when you're reading it, there's a click-through story as well with similar (but some additional) info.

Since Rookies are at this player symposium, Luck was interviewed there.... Says all the right things...

http://www.nfl.com/n...ct-getting-done

Remmeber a lot of what he learned about contracts was from watching Manning and the way he handled it

Remmeber a lot of what he learned about contracts was from watching Manning and the way he handled it

Honestly, I think a lot of what he learned about contracts and everything else in life he learned from his parents. Hes' friendly with Manning, but I'm not sure they're close. He's got Peyton's number, I'm just not he uses it all that often. His parents are easily his biggest influence. Among the classiest people you'd ever want to know. Everyone else is a distant 2nd.

But either way, the kid is hard wired the right way. You just don't have to worry about him. Ever. And that's one of the intangibles that makes him who and what he is, and the proper choice for the first pick and the right pick for Indianapolis.

Hey, just my.... :2c:

Honestly, I think a lot of what he learned about contracts and everything else in life he learned from his parents. Hes' friendly with Manning, but I'm not sure they're close. He's got Peyton's number, I'm just not he uses it all that often. His parents are easily his biggest influence. Among the classiest people you'd ever want to know. Everyone else is a distant 2nd.

But either way, the kid is hard wired the right way. You just don't have to worry about him. Ever. And that's one of the intangibles that makes him who and what he is, and the proper choice for the first pick and the right pick for Indianapolis.

Hey, just my.... :2c:

He hasn't met me yet, so all that distant 2nd stuff we will have to see. After he realizes how right I am about everything I think a smart guy from Statford will get the picture......

Luck eats, breathes, & lives professional football. He will be signed, sealed, & delivered in short order by mid July easy IMO.

I think he will too. I'm still not worried about his contract status at all. I only posted because it's Luck and there were new quotes to see.... no other reason or meaning.... It's Luck, therefore it's news. Even if he isn't saying anything surprising. I expect the deal to be done soon enough. Not worried about his Uncle, or about Irsay. This will get done. Period.

But, when the next Luck story surfaces, even if he doesn't say anything surprising, if I see it, I'll post.... because he's Andrew Luck.... I'm funny that way....

I think he will too. I'm still not worried about his contract status at all. I only posted because it's Luck and there were new quotes to see.... no other reason or meaning.... It's Luck, therefore it's news. Even if he isn't saying anything surprising. I expect the deal to be done soon enough. Not worried about his Uncle, or about Irsay. This will get done. Period.

But, when the next Luck story surfaces, even if he doesn't say anything surprising, if I see it, I'll post.... because he's Andrew Luck.... I'm funny that way....

While Andrew is still at the helm as the Colts quarterback, hope you will find the time to fly into Indy and personally witness one of his games. There are plenty of quality hotels and restaurants, and a Circle City Mall, within walking distance of Lucas Oil Stadium.