Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck isn't dawdling on his work toward a Colts turnaround

Restored

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the contrary my friend, he said he "didn't completely blow it off." Perhaps you could e-mail him and asked him how much of it he got done.

Here was his response, "I'm just excited about being with the Colts and every time I looked at the drawing I would see plays. I didn't think anything until about it until I read my summary conclusion and it stated, "Colts win 35-17".

Wait I'll shoot him an e-mail because Luck and I are like peanut butter and jelly.

Oh yeah, well Luck and me are like milk and cookies and he's never mentioned you. ;)

Considering this never happened I don't think you should trust your memory any more. (Don't worry, I'm getting old too).

Misquote, three runs and an incomplete fade to Moorehead. And considering I was 17 at the time, i probably had a little bit more on my mind.

We're focusing on the wrong thing here. We are given a video of Andrew Luck's missed fade opportunities and by that we've concluded that he cannot throw the fade. We can easily create a video of Luck's successful fade throws in the end zone. He can throw the fade, watch the game film. Luck has had great success in the red zone.

I think part of them stems from Luck saying he was banned from throwing fade routes in the redzone.

...or unless Reggie Wayne is the intended receiver.

i mostly remember fades going to garcon. fades to reggie that come off the top of my head were two vs the texans where he made two incredible catches.

i mostly remember fades going to garcon. fades to reggie that come off the top of my head were two vs the texans where he made two incredible catches.

We're thinking of the same opponent in regards to Reggie, though there were others. Garcon could barely catch non-bubble screen type passes, as Washington will find out soon enough... :wall:

Well aren't you just a bag full of sunshine and happiness. My argument was on the fade route and it's effectiveness. Garcon, Collie, and Gonzo did not run good fade routes and limited the effectiveness of the play post Marvin. I remember for two solid seasons being frustrated at the team's ineffectiveness to score TD's from the 10 yard line in when it mattered. Maybe not against teams like Tennessee and Jacksonville, but against some of the teams we lost to, especially in the playoffs.

Even though Marvin was there don't forget the three straight incomplete fades to Aaron Moorehead in the '03 game against the Pats at home that we lost on a goal line stand.

Sunshine is my specialty and on the house. Happiness costs extra.

We're thinking of the same opponent in regards to Reggie, though there were others. Garcon could barely catch non-bubble screen type passes, as Washington will find out soon enough... :wall:

redskins couldnt spot talent if their lives depended on it. seriously 42.5 million to a guy whos never hit 1000 yards or double digit tds. what *

Well aren't you just a bag full of sunshine and happiness. My argument was on the fade route and it's effectiveness. Garcon, Collie, and Gonzo did not run good fade routes and limited the effectiveness of the play post Marvin. I remember for two solid seasons being frustrated at the team's ineffectiveness to score TD's from the 10 yard line in when it mattered. Maybe not against teams like Tennessee and Jacksonville, but against some of the teams we lost to, especially in the playoffs.

Even though Marvin was there don't forget the three straight incomplete fades to Aaron Moorehead in the '03 game against the Pats at home that we lost on a goal line stand.

Sunshine is my specialty and on the house. Happiness costs extra.

Nice retort & response FJC!!! Kill 'em with kindness with a little sarcasm on the side for good measure...Bravo!!!

Nice retort & response FJC!!! Kill 'em with kindness with a little sarcasm on the side for good measure...Bravo!!!

Sarcasm runs in my family.

Your family must be so proud too!!! I know I sure am. George Carlin, a master at sarcasm & breakdowns in the English language & the true meaning of intent, is my favorite comedian of all time. Translation: Sarcasm is my middle name. Not literally of course, but my own family would testify to this fact under oath in a court of law before a judge & jury if they absolutely had to & my family detests jury duty with a passion. :spit:

I think part of them stems from Luck saying he was banned from throwing fade routes in the redzone.

Luck did say that, but it was taken out of context. He wasn't banned from throwing them because he was so bad at it. He was banned from throwing fade routes at practice because he would throw them so often.

Gruden: Let's throw the back shoulder fade route. Have you thrown the fade route before?

Luck: I was banned from throwing the fade route.

That's all that was said about it. Luck said this in a positive and confident manner, indicating that he has done it numerous times- so many times that he was banned from it.

Your family must be so proud too!!! I know I sure am. George Carlin, a master at sarcasm & breakdowns in the English language & the true meaning of intent, is my favorite comedian of all time. Translation: Sarcasm is my middle name. Not literally of course, but my own family would testify to this fact under oath in a court of law before a judge & jury if they absolutely had to & my family detests jury duty with a passion. :spit:

Sarcasm isn't my middle name, that is complicated, or so it seems. Anything I touch, I can complicate :)

Carlin is a legend.

Luck did say that, but it was taken out of context. He wasn't banned from throwing them because he was so bad at it. He was banned from throwing fade routes at practice because he would throw them so often.

Gruden: Let's throw the back shoulder fade route. Have you thrown the fade route before?

That's all that was said about it. Luck said this in a positive and confident manner, indicating that he has done it numerous times- so many times that he was banned from it.

That is one interpretation.

It could be he was banned from throwing it because they didn't have much success at converting them.

Redskins had talent, John Jansen, Lavar Arrington, London Fletcher, Bruce Smith, Sean Taylor now unfortunately age, injuries and death all happened but the talent was their, now they havent had a franchise quarterback in almost 30 years ( :lol: ) but they had a couple decent Quarterbacks come there way since then, Brad Johnson, Trent Green, Mark Brunell,

He said it in a positive, confident manner? You very well could be correct in that was what was indicated but from what you quoted your interpretation seems to be as much a stretch and those claiming he was banned from throwing them because he was bad at it.

That is one interpretation.

It could be he was banned from throwing it because they didn't have much success at converting them.

He said it in a positive, confident manner? You very well could be correct in that was what was indicated but from what you quoted your interpretation seems to be as much a stretch and those claiming he was banned from throwing them because he was bad at it.

I agree that I could have misinterpreted what was said. It was a very brief conversation, just as I had written and can be taken many ways. The logic that he was banned from throwing fade routes because he was bad at them is a little backwards to me. If he was bad at throwing fade routes, he would be encouraged to throw them more often at practice to better his accuracy. His response then may have been:

Luck: Yes, a million times at practice.

Instead his response was that he was banned from throwing the fade, which would indicate that the coaches did not see a need for further refinement. The video that we have seen on this thread shows that he has thrown the fade numerous times in different games, so he was not banned from throwing them in games. It doesn't show the fades that were completed successfully. There is additional footage available on youtube of successful fade throws, all throughout the season. So he wasn't so awful that the coaches asked him to stop throwing that pass, especially in games, it was the opposite. Luck's reaction to Gruden was a confident reaction.

I agree that I could have misinterpreted what was said. It was a very brief conversation, just as I had written and can be taken many ways. The logic that he was banned from throwing fade routes because he was bad at them is a little backwards to me. If he was bad at throwing fade routes, he would be encouraged to throw them more often at practice to better his accuracy. His response then may have been:

Luck: Yes, a million times at practice.

Instead his response was that he was banned from throwing the fade, which would indicate that the coaches did not see a need for further refinement. The video that we have seen on this thread shows that he has thrown the fade numerous times in different games, so he was not banned from throwing them in games. It doesn't show the fades that were completed successfully. There is additional footage available on youtube of successful fade throws, all throughout the season. So he wasn't so awful that the coaches asked him to stop throwing that pass, especially in games, it was the opposite. Luck's reaction to Gruden was a confident reaction.

It could go either way.

A coach could choose to go with things that are strengths, while working on weaknesses at practice.

It's a statement that could be taken either way since he failed to expand on it. It's also a statement that if RGIII had said, many would have bashed his "cockiness" , just like the "can't go broke taking a profit" comment Luck had. It's cute, it's catchy, it's true in the financial world, but it doesn't really fit in the NFL. That's another example of something RGIII would have been lambasted for saying around here.

Heck he was bashed by a couple for wearing the arm sleeve during his pro-day. He's going to wear it one the field, why not wear it on pro days.

Again, just examples of how things can be interpreted.

It is sunny and beautiful here today. There is a 100% chance of Peyton Manning having excellent Red-zone Management, and with a lttle luck....Andrew can put us in the same position to succeed.

With more emphasis on Special Teams and an attacking defense those FGs are precious. I hope to see some 17-16 games instead of 40-37.....just my opinion though.

I dunno about 100%....

I dunno about 100%....

That was awfully 'absolute.' I am a meteorology freak, and unlike the so-called experts I am not afraid to say 100% chance of rain. :) I guess we cannot say 100% when it comes to football. I was just having fun. Good observation SilentHill.

That was awfully 'absolute.' I am a meteorology freak, and unlike the so-called experts I am not afraid to say 100% chance of rain. :) I guess we cannot say 100% when it comes to football. I was just having fun. Good observation SilentHill.

I think your statement is safe.

He's had it his whole career, and even with a major arm issue they actually considered him being the red zone Quarterback last season.

So your statement was accurate.

you cant be serious.

it was a joke.

but, it could turn out to be just as bad, you never know. I mean, I hope and pray that luck will turn out to be great, but in some people's eyes, the colts made a mistake cutting peyton, and relying on a guy that's never taken a snap in the pro's.

it was a joke.

but, it could turn out to be just as bad, you never know. I mean, I hope and pray that luck will turn out to be great, but in some people's eyes, the colts made a mistake cutting peyton, and relying on a guy that's never taken a snap in the pro's.

Definitely with the new rookie scale....Drew Brees is ONLY being offered 19 million....less than Manning after a year away....

I think your statement is safe.

He's had it his whole career, and even with a major arm issue they actually considered him being the red zone Quarterback.

So your statement was accurate.

Yes I was referring to the mastery of the lline of scrimmage and game management.....I refer back to 100% Thanks FireJim!!! You are hired!!!

it was a joke.

the problem with that is, we dont know what kind of position we would be in 3-4 years from now when Peyton would have retired, what if in Peytons final year we went deep into the playoffs (keeping in mind the quarterbacks behind Manning never got any real practice time with the number 1 unit) then who really knows that what kind of quarterback we would have had to take then, Luck was projected number 1 quarterback by many this year and those that projected RGIII as the number 1

A.fell in love with his athletic ability and failed to take into account the guy is built almost like Micheal Vick except has a five pound advantage on Vick and a mere 2 inches, RGIII in my opinion resembles a beanpole with muscles

B.fell in love with the guys arm although Luck has a pretty good arm as evident by th 70+ yard throw he did at his pro day not to mention in some games including a rocket from his knees

C. Most importantly failed to take into account Luck has been running a pro type offense and RGIII I believe ran the spread

it was a joke.

keeping peyton would have been just as much a risk. even if peyton can still play like peyton, thats only 5 more years and then we have to search for a new qb whos probably no where near as good as luck.

Definitely with the new rookie scale....Drew Brees is ONLY being offered 19 million....less than Manning after a year away....

Personally, I think that Brees contract offer is appropriate...4 MVP's was hard fought & well earned by Peyton. Drew is a tremendous NFL QB no doubt, but there is only 1 Yoda line of scrimmage manipulator & he deserves to paid as the true King of the Mountain top. Other than this past year, #18 has always worked through injuries including Bursa Sac surgery in 2008, people tend to gloss over that fact & they shouldn't IMO.

i personally think brees is being blackballed. for everything hes done for the saints bring them from laughing stocks to one of the best teams in the league along with winning them a championship its outrageous how their handling his contract. he deserves to be paid like one of the best qbs in the league

Personally, I think that Brees contract offer is appropriate...4 MVP's was hard fought & well earned by Peyton. Drew is a tremendous NFL QB no doubt, but there is only 1 Yoda line of scrimmage manipulator & he deserves to paid as the true King of the Mountain top. Other than this past year, #18 has always worked through injuries including Bursa Sac surgery in 2008, people tend to gloss over that fact & they shouldn't IMO.

SW: With the Saints mess Brees will be the offensive leader. The Saints should not mess around....He is their heart and soul in the middle of a debacle of epic proportions. They need to pay him exactly what the highest paid QB is making....of course this is my opinion based on the mess that is the Saints.

SW: With the Saints mess Brees will be the offensive leader. The Saints should not mess around....He is their heart and soul in the middle of a debacle of epic proportions. They need to pay him exactly what the highest paid QB is making....of course this is my opinion based on the mess that is the Saints.

Everybody's tab has limits....

He;s replacable.....everybody is..just ask us//

I agree Brent. Brees is the key to that team's success & they do need to stop stalling & pay the man. Just not match Peyton in salary. Otherwise, 4 MVP's are meaningless. Highest I would go $19.8 million final offer.

We're focusing on the wrong thing here. We are given a video of Andrew Luck's missed fade opportunities and by that we've concluded that he cannot throw the fade. We can easily create a video of Luck's successful fade throws in the end zone. He can throw the fade, watch the game film. Luck has had great success in the red zone.

You are right. He's thrown the fade successfully plenty of times.