Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman injured; out weeks

Nate!

This injury announcement came as such a surprise.  No indication from missed practices.  No missed single games.  All of the sudden -- BOOM -- projected multiple games.  Why is this?  I would say probably because Pittman is tough, and doesn't let injury affect his preparation and play.  He gets out there, injured or not.  In other words, you don't see him writhing on the ground in agony one play, and then begging to be let back into the game two plays later.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

This injury announcement came as such a surprise.  No indication from missed practices.  No missed single games.  All of the sudden -- BOOM -- projected multiple games.  Why is this?  I would say probably because Pittman is tough, and doesn't let injury affect his preparation and play.  He gets out there, injured or not.  In other words, you don't see him writhing on the ground in agony one play, and then begging to be let back into the game two plays later.

His wife got a bit rough with him:lol: 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

I think some of the Ballard-apologists would rather have the team lose so they can bash the people they view as "negative", rather than have the team win so we can all be happy as a forum and make the playoffs every year. They get off on attacking people who don't "appeal to authority" as if we have to tow the company line as fans.

These people only figure out things when it happens at the last second, and very rarely do they apologize or admit when they are wrong. 

troll GIF

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Josh Downs anyone?  

I don’t see his name anywhere in this discussion.   Hurt?   Something wrong with him?

When he plays, Steichen loves him.   

Someone?    Anyone? 

Downs will always get his. But MPJ draws coverage from other WRs. This is a huge loss.

Mitchell is not the answer.  Serious case of alligator arms. At least twice against Jax he had catchable passes that he didn't really make an honest attempt to catch. Both would have extended drives. If I'm the QB I stop looking for him. He just becomes a guy on the field. It won't be long before DCs figure that out and leave him to double.

2 minutes ago, FRW said:

Mitchell is not the answer.  Serious case of alligator arms. At least twice against Jax he had catchable passes that he didn't really make an honest attempt to catch. Both would have extended drives. If I'm the QB I stop looking for him. He just becomes a guy on the field. It won't be long before DCs figure that out and leave him to double.

No way

2 minutes ago, FRW said:

I agree. Should go with Dulin and maybe bring up Montgomery or Treadwell.

1 hour ago, FRW said:

Mitchell will continue to get opportunities.    He gets open. 

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Downs will always get his. But MPJ draws coverage from other WRs. This is a huge loss.

I’m not saying otherwise.   I love Pitt.  

But I scrolled thru the discussion and no one had mentioned Downs at all.   So I thought I’d name drop.  

2 hours ago, FRW said:

This is a bit extreme, but there is truth to the idea that targets are earned. And a WR who is not willing to give full effort is going to lose the trust of a QB...and the targets that come with it.

5 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

This is a bit extreme, but there is truth to the idea that targets are earned. And a WR who is not willing to give full effort is going to lose the trust of a QB...and the targets that come with it.

He did have alligator arms a couple times but he is a rookie so I would expect it time to time.