Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think the model for AR is not Josh Allen it’s Lamar Jackson Especially with Taylor.  That’s why Brock Bowers would have been so nice in the draft.

Brock is doing very well with the Raiders. He would’ve been a great fit here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think it’s very unfair to even compare him to Peyton.

I’m in your camp as far as wanting to see how this season plays out. 

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t very concerned on a pattern of missing games every season due to injury from high school to college and now the NFL. 

The point is let’s let these guys develop. It’s not really comparing. Imagine if Peyton had been a rookie today with all the social  media. He would be getting killed.  You know Shane is working on his awareness to hell him. This was actually my concern last year when he kept getting hurt. It was clear he knows how to play the game and wasn’t overwhelmed but reps are the only thing that is going to help his awareness. He is still the youngest QB in the league.

We should be excited for the future of this offense. It looks very explosive. 

5 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

IMO, to be fair to ballard....I think he has the right idea how to build a team. Strong in the trenches and a strong defense with a good running game and OL and great coaching  is the way to go with a young QB. Denver, Chicago and Washington are doing it right now. The strategy is sound, the problem is Ballard is a terrible evaluater of talent and coaching (Remember josh daniels) . He has spent a ton of capitol on the DL and secondary and it is still bad and I'm talking before injuries. The LBers are average  but He's done a good job with the OL and RB. Finally, decent with WR's, and terrible with the TE's. When you miss as much as Ballard does and refuse to use free agency to fill your voids and cover up your mistakes, you have a team like Ballard builds, below 500 and flawed. To be fair, NO GM in today's NFL builds a team only by his own drafting....NOT ONE!!!!!!

I said this before the season started, they did AR a disservice buy not giving him a TE and handing him a bad defense because that will ruin a rookie QB every time. AR knows he's looked at as the savior and he will do whatever it takes to try and be a savior but it's Ballard's fault he has that burden on him when Ballard had the chance to do more and get better coaches. Instead he laughed at everybody and signed average players and ignored gaping holes and kept bad coaches and here we sit and just like Flacco had to carry the team today, that's how AR will feel every week trying to hide this teams flaws. Absolutely the best way to ruin a young QB. We all know where this is heading. Gus will be canned as the scapegoat just like Reich to save Ballard's * and Ballard will talk about how it wasn't Gus' fault because of all  the injuries and we will hand Ballard another top 10 pick to blow and Ballard will ignore free agency and tell us there is a lot of talent returning from injury next year, Rinse and repeat. Damn shame what he is doing to AR but that too will play itself out at some point. It is hard to draft for 8 years on defense and have not ONE player that Ballard drafted that made a probowl and got a second contract on this team. NOT ONE!!!!!!I could buy draft magazines to reference and do better than that in 8 years.

Manning is a top 5 all timer and had HOFers with him on offense and he spent years trying to hide a bad defense. It wasn't until Irsay went and got a real coach and started understanding the importance of defense and brought in real defensive talent instead of bargain talent before they won it all and was a real SB contender. That finally took the pressure off of Manning. Now put yourself in AR's shoes.

This dline was set up nice. But when you lose 50% of your players with injury it’s not going to be pretty. 

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

AR is not going to throw for 350 yards every game. You’re not going to be able to box score his yards and understand his impact.  

Will we be able to look at the win loss record and understand his impact?

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The point is let’s let these guys develop. It’s not really comparing. Imagine if Peyton had been a rookie today with all the social  media. He would be getting killed.  You know Shane is working on his awareness to hell him. This was actually my concern last year when he kept getting hurt. It was clear he knows how to play the game and wasn’t overwhelmed but reps are the only thing that is going to help his awareness. He is still the youngest QB in the league.

This dline was set up nice. But when you lose 50% of your players with injury it’s not going to be pretty. 

Nice as in giving up almost 500 yards rushing the first 2 weeks and losing both games which included a backup QB making his first start on a new team. DL's that are "set up nice" don't allow yardage like that and play losing football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Same story different year. At some point, you just get over that excuse. Every Super Bowl winning team deals with injuries. It gives context but it’s not an excuse.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Same story different year. At some point, you just get over that excuse. Every Super Bowl winning team deals with injuries. It gives context but it’s not an excuse.

We don’t lose 50% of our dline every year like today. 

2 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

Nice as in giving up almost 500 yards rushing the first 2 weeks and losing both games which included a backup QB making his first start on a new team. DL's that are "set up nice" don't allow yardage like that and play losing football.

That rushing was an outlier. They fixed it. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why are you whining when he didn’t play today. If he had played we probably have a better run game and don’t get down 14 points 

I'm not whining at all, I simply replied to you talking about how obvious it is that he's a good player when it's not obvious to anyone but you.

6 hours ago, jemack said:

Not watching another game til Bradley is gone. 

Boycotting products advertised during games.wouldn't hurt either. 

But Bradley not really the problem, Ballard is the one who hired him. And his scheme is similar to the previous DC and probably the same as  Bradley's replacement will be. 

The better the offense is, the worst the defense will be...... And vice versa. 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think two things can be true at same time. Colts need a better DC but this game was not all on Gus.

I am not talking  first two games. We seemed to fix it. The dline was not healthy today.

Stop it. You can’t say we fixed it on the one hand and on the other blame inuries for the reason it did not perform well. You’re shoving your foot in your mouth at this point.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Stop it. You can’t say we fixed it on the one hand and on the other boat inuries for the reason it did not perform well. You’re shoving your foot in your mouth at this point.

What did you think was going to happen with 5 of 10 y dline   out. You have to give them a little grace.

I knew this was going  to be a shootout that’s why i was ok with Flacco starting.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All out the one that started it by whining about it 

There's a difference between whining and disagreeing with someone. I was not whining. I was disagreeing and you've not stopped losing your mind over it since

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What did you think was going to happen with 5 of your dlinemen  out. You have to give them a little grace.

I knew this was going  to be a shootout that’s why i was ok with Flacco starting.

Which is why I blame irsay. We reach this point year after year. It’s injuries. It’s not being able to stop the opposition when the colts need a punt. Or offense stalls out when we need 30 yards for a field goal. At what point do you say this isn’t working irsay?

6 hours ago, Uchiha Shisui said:

Seen that Fries went down in the second half, anyone take notice of how Tucker did filling in at RG?

I thought he did a good job. Did not notice any missed blocks. Most pressure came from outside 

Imagine if we jammed receivers to mess up timing instead of giving them free reign for the first 5+ yards, we have corners that can play physical we just don't let them. It would then actually give more time for our DL to get to the QB. Ironically on those deep passes our CBs were biting on the quick pass which allowed the WR to run pass them. So we were giving 5+ yard buffers allowing easy pass and catch on the quick pass and it was happening so frequent when they went deep our CBs froze when the WRs went deep leaving them wide open. So worst of both worlds, thats on coaching. 

I don't expect any mid-season changes unless it gets historically bad, but its the same problem as last year really where the offense is scoring enough to win but our defense loses the game. I mean for awhile last year we had a top 5 offense but a losing record.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colts89 said:

I'm surprised some of y'all are upset. I took this game as a lose as a given before the season started lmao. Far better Colts teams have lost to equally bad Jag teams in Duval in the last decade. At this point it's a L until they prove otherwise.

I said it in the game thread, but at the very least this gives the Jaguars some renewed confidence in T Law and I see that as a win in the long run lmao

True...... Season openers & games in Duvall County don't go  under the win column for the colts.

But at least this time the game wasn't over in the first quarter. Today the colts were competitive in Jax and it actually went down to the wire. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

We just put new turf in Lucas Oil this very offseason as well as at West 56th street

I know...I am hoping they upgraded it from a higher level and not just put in new turf with the same lower quality... I had no idea that there was different levels/ grades of turf they could choose from... I figured like nearly everyone else I guess that NFL Turf was the same... my industry offers me more in depth/ inside info that isn't necessarily easily available to the public...

1 hour ago, Joecolt15 said:

I thought he did a good job. Did not notice any missed blocks. Most pressure came from outside 

He did really well the real test will come as teams get tape on him and figure out how to attack him.  Its a shame Fries went down he was having a great season but this is a chance for Tucker.

41 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

This defense gives QBs career days whether they’re healthy or not. 

What did Matt Ryan say on air last year?  If you're a young or struggling QB, the Colt defense is exactly what you want to see coming to town.

40 minutes ago, CS Coltsfan said:

I know...I am hoping they upgraded it from a higher level and not just put in new turf with the same lower quality... I had no idea that there was different levels/ grades of turf they could choose from... I figured like nearly everyone else I guess that NFL Turf was the same... my industry offers me more in depth/ inside info that isn't necessarily easily available to the public...

There was a story when this turf was put in that it’s one of the better turfs out there and players like it.  Fans need to let go of this phantom idea that the turf is the cause of the injuries.  You could argue the two most serious injuries have been to Buckner and Fries and those both happened on natural grass.  Football is violent game.  Players get hurt regardless of the surface.

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Imagine if we jammed receivers to mess up timing instead of giving them free reign for the first 5+ yards, we have corners that can play physical we just don't let them. It would then actually give more time for our DL to get to the QB. Ironically on those deep passes our CBs were biting on the quick pass which allowed the WR to run pass them. So we were giving 5+ yard buffers allowing easy pass and catch on the quick pass and it was happening so frequent when they went deep our CBs froze when the WRs went deep leaving them wide open. So worst of both worlds, thats on coaching. 

I don't expect any mid-season changes unless it gets historically bad, but its the same problem as last year really where the offense is scoring enough to win but our defense loses the game. I mean for awhile last year we had a top 5 offense but a losing record.

I’d just settle for attacking rather than always playing reactive.  Both the Colts and Jags didn’t have much going on the ground today until late yet the Jags defense attacked the Colts receivers at all levels and it was causing fits for the Colts passing game until late.  Meanwhile Lawrence could have whatever he wanted whenever he wanted it.  This letting QBs have a career day vs your secondary every week is not sustainable.  Even Dungy’s teams, the kings of the Tampa 2 didn’t let teams do that to them.  They attacked at times and that’s what is missing from Bradley’s defense IMO.  Add in some awful tackling which has been an underrated story and guys constantly blowing assignments in the backend and the Colts defense is an oppressing offense’s dream.  

You can’t change all the players in season.  Heck, with the new deals you might not be able to change them this off-season.  So that leaves the coaches.  What Bradley is doing is simply not working and not sustainable.  You are also starting to see the players look like they are quitting (I clearly have no clue if they are or not).  That’s why I think you have to make change.  No an in season change isn’t going to fix everything.  However, I don’t think you can keep trotting a coach out there whose defense gives up 300 yards passing every week and also 100 yards on the ground every week and is too stubborn to get away from a “do what we do” mentality.