Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shout out to Tanor Botolini

Smonroe

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

Baby Jason Kelce was very good, but definitely benefited being next to Nelson and Fries. Will Fries is so good. He's gonna get paid this off-season 

Not too long ago, Fries was a punching bag here. :) 

But yeah, Bortolini is the way to go for the future if he keeps this level up. I don’t see any way Ryan Kelly stays. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I thought when he was running down the sidle line  after the first score was awesome.   Love the enthusiasm 

Loved it, and he was trucking!

I used to be ...fairly...fast back in the day (at least that's the way I remember it).  But when 300lb guys can run a 40 faster than I did, it's pretty clear to me why I didn't play in college, lol.

• Like 1

If theirs is one thing in particular that is night and day with Ballard compared to Grigson, it’s his ability to draft good offensive lineman. Fries turned his career around and in his 1st game, Bortolini stood out. In the past 3 years he’s drafted Rainman, Fries, and Bortolini.

I’ve got my issues with Ballard when it comes to other things, but man can the guy draft some OL. We might have gotten our center of the future.

• Like 3

Love Bortalini playung well. I wonder if we will get some play from Gonvlaves this year.

How does everyone think the line shakes out next year? I could see Kelly and Smith gone. I wonder if Kelly retires or goes to another team. 

22 minutes ago, KB said:

Love Bortalini playung well. I wonder if we will get some play from Gonvlaves this year.

How does everyone think the line shakes out next year? I could see Kelly and Smith gone. I wonder if Kelly retires or goes to another team. 

No to Smith being gone. Yes to Kelly being gone. Smith, when healthy, is one of the Top 10 RTs in the league, I still believe that.

30 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If theirs is one thing in particular that is night and day with Ballard compared to Grigson, it’s his ability to draft good offensive lineman. Fries turned his career around and in his 1st game, Bortolini stood out. In the past 3 years he’s drafted Rainman, Fries, and Bortolini.

I’ve got my issues with Ballard when it comes to other things, but man can the guy draft some OL. We might have gotten our center of the future.

I wonder what happened with Will Fries for his improvement, would sure love to hear it. Is it more NFL strength training along with knowledge of the same schemes? What do you think?

• Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 10:22 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m very happy with the O-line performance 4 games into the season. I thought Braden played a heck of a game against Watt! The fact that we have depth yields to the excitement of what is possible in the next 13 games. Long way to go, but 2-2 feels good.

They seem healthier to start this season than they have the previous two or three. 

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No to Smith being gone. Yes to Kelly being gone. Smith, when healthy, is one of the Top 10 RTs in the league, I still believe that.

We have a LT and RG that are going to need to be paid, and Smith is on going to trend down before to long. It happens.

I wouldn't mind keeping Smith but I think he is gonna cost alot. Some tough choices are going to have to be made this offseason.

36 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I wonder what happened with Will Fries for his improvement, would sure love to hear it. Is it more NFL strength training along with knowledge of the same schemes? What do you think?

Coaching for sure. Say what you want about him, but if there’s one thing Saturday did it was start to get the offensive line right. Everyone started playing better on the line when he was in charge. Then I think Sporano Jr. has gotten the most out of the group. The line is playing at an elite level and may be the best ever in the Ballard. So I think coaching and experience for sure. Also unlike Pinter, I think he’s naturally strong.

• Like 1