Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It says very mild. From what I understand if it’s in the mild side he could still play next week. 

People tend to panic when a player gets an injury ever since Andrew, I get it and I am not a doctor but Taylor like AR both said they could have came back in if need be. Had it been the playoffs, they would have been in is my guess.

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

You are on a negativity roll tonight.  Just check out how many negative posts you write directly at other posters...to other people...just the last few pages even...but get all bothered over neutral posts about an impersonal entity like a team.   Its like you think me and @Moosejawcolt and some others are supposed to care about your opinion or something.

I have said before, just this season, 

• Josh Downs looks very good, but I haven't said that much because he hasn't played much. 
  • JT has looked good, when he was playing.
  • I liked it when JT bounced it outside last game.  I think it may have been the first time I saw him where he was closer to a sideline than a hashmark.  That was great.  
  • AR looked good, when he was playing.  
  • Steichen is a good coach and a great play caller, and uses JT wonderfully. 
  • Gus is probably one of the best D coordinators in the NFL.  Just look at what he can do when the D is missing 2 of its highest paid stars.  I assume most folks here think Defo and Moore matter?
  • I've liked Cross since the day he was drafted.
  • I thought it was fine to not add secondary players during the offseason.

Lots of positive stuff.

Agree.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

And the sacks and drives that stalled. The fact JT couldn't get going because the threat of AR was gone. Those things matter

The same drives that stall when AR can’t complete a pass. Also JT is going to be JT no matter what. Way before we had AR, JT lead the league in rushing. His success is not going to be dependent on who is playing QB. JT slowed down because he banged his foot/ankle up.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I see some are still drunk from the game.

No it’s facts. He had the lowest completion percentage in the league at 48% before the game started. He also leads the league in interceptions thrown by a QB with 6.

Flacco was accurate and didn’t turn the ball over. I get the “Anthony is still a developing rookie” ordeal but to deny the fact that he hasn’t played good is just silly. I’m not calling him a bust, but to me Flacco should start. Why would you not keep starting the better player? It’s also better for Richardson long term if Flacco starts. 

Ballard is fooling people with this notion that the only way to play is to get better. Tell that to Jordan Love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The same drives that stall when AR can’t complete a pass. Also JT is going to be JT no matter what. Way before we had AR, JT lead the league in rushing. His success is not going to be dependent on who is playing QB. JT slowed down because he banged his foot/ankle up.

No actually. That happened near the end of the game. The run game hit a wall for the majority of the game til JT finally hit two big runs

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

JT best  year was in 21. Who was the QB? Wentz had legs and was always a threat to run plus his arm had to be respected. When the defense has to guess who has the ball on run plays it’s going to open things up for Taylor.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i wish ballard would have paid moss

I could be wrong, but I think I remember it being reported when free-agency began that the Colts had actually offered Moss more money than his current team, but Moss wanted to be a starter.

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

JT best  year was in 21. Who was the QB? Wentz had legs and was always a threat to run plus his arm had to be respected. When the defense has to guess who has the ball on run plays it’s going to open things up for Taylor.

Wentz was not the athlete at QB the AR was. If Wentz beat you with his legs that was something the defense would allow because he’s getting you 10 yards at best. Tbh most QBs in the NFL can do that. Mayfield, Burrow, Goff, etc… I don’t think the threat of Carson Wentz running for 10 yards made life easier for JT. As long as the QB can pass the ball, JT will get his yards. You forget he had 1,000+ with Rivers too who was a statue. And that was with him not even being the starter untill Mack was out for the season.

I’m not denying that having AR back there changes the way the defenses might play slightly, but I don’t think it’s make or break. Saying otherwise is disrespectful to JT and the OL that has been killing it this year. I also don’t remember anyone ever saying “Man 1800 yards is crazy! He’d have even more if he had a dual threat QB”. JT is a special player.

10 hours ago, dw49 said:

Sprotac has us with around 55 mill in cap space next year. Looks to me we will let Kelly and MAC walk. Leaves us with Odeyingbo , Blackmon , Raimann, Fries , Speed and Sanchez .  Those 6 would pretty much eat the 55 mill. IMO opinion , Fries might make the OL as a whole too pricey . Will be an interesting off season.

Not worried at all.  Ballard will sign the players he wants to retain.  Colts manage the cap with the best of them.  

17 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I think the issue with such little TE activity is that we don’t really have one that a big threat.  They're more important as blockers.  

So, you may as well use your WRs as the main targets.  They’re all better at creating separation than any TE.  

Yes but Cox is a big target in the red zone and should be used more and look what happened when a TE shedded a block and was wide open for a TD

10 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Yes but Cox is a big target in the red zone and should be used more and look what happened when a TE shedded a block and was wide open for a TD

Their job yesterday was to chip Watt on every play.  And they did a great job of it.  Drew got open after the chip, they said the play was set up for MPJ but he was covered.  So Drew drifted to an open spot.  

Think of it this way, if they have a set play to a TE, he’s not going to chip.  Does that put your QB at risk if they have a good edge rusher?

Overall, I think they’re doing a good job with them even though they’re hardly in the stat sheet. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Football players get hurt.   Also,  the toughest boxer alive wouldn't be tough if he couldn't take a punch.   Your analogy is terrible.   Try again

Why would you of all people believe I give two cents about your thoughts? 

16 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Flacco isn't a journeyman backup.   He has a Ring.  He took the browns to the playoffs last year.   He is very capable of winning games,  but AR is the future 

You left out what playing Flacco does to Taylors performance. Think before your post. AR is the future? Really? Based on what, hospital data?

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You can read the tea leaves and it seems clear he would have. Would he have been limited probably.

What about risk of furthering the damage especially after he tried to run a second time when he knew he was done for the day?

Please get AD the ball!!!!! He’s always open and no one can hit him! This dude would be up there with recieveing yards if our QBs could throw it accurately to him. Soooo many times he’s been open and they have missed him.

5 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

lol! Well there are a few folks here that are already sold on him being a franchise qb.

and there are a few folks here who are already sold on him being a bust.  some people just like to try to be the first person to make a claim so they start making those claims before it's even remotely reasonable to do so 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i wish ballard would have paid moss

Moss wasn't just looking for money...he was looking for a place he could start.  that wasn't going to happen here without injury to JT.  This isn't madden.

28 minutes ago, King Colt said:

No way would he come back in. 

Thank you for your expert medical opinion Dr. King Colt

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He can throw the ball accurately. The ball does not zoom over the receivers head.

Actually  the ball zoomed over the wrs head several  times with flacco. That 4th down throw to Mitchell  should have been to downs as he was on fire and probably  would have caught it. Mitchell  seems to be allergic to catching passes from either qb

24 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

and there are a few folks here who are already sold on him being a bust.  some people just like to try to be the first person to make a claim so they start making those claims before it's even remotely reasonable to do so 

It's the people that wanted Mayo Man = Bo Callahan chuckling homer simpson GIF

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Their job yesterday was to chip Watt on every play.  And they did a great job of it.  Drew got open after the chip, they said the play was set up for MPJ but he was covered.  So Drew drifted to an open spot.  

Think of it this way, if they have a set play to a TE, he’s not going to chip.  Does that put your QB at risk if they have a good edge rusher?

Overall, I think they’re doing a good job with them even though they’re hardly in the stat sheet. 

Watt was a non factor 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

He isn't doing much in Cincy

Yeah, the bengals just seem to be using him wrong. He’s only been getting 9-12 reps and he’s a volume runner who needs 18 rushes to continue hitting the defense until he breaks one loose. I think he’s having the same problem with the bengals that he had with the bills. 

47 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Please get AD the ball!!!!! He’s always open and no one can hit him! This dude would be up there with recieveing yards if our QBs could throw it accurately to him. Soooo many times he’s been open and they have missed him.

Well, when I’ve been saying is that he turtles when contact is coming in that one past the sidelines, you saw him draw his arms back instead of reaching out for the ball and laying out. I know there was a flag against Pittsburgh based on that hit, but he did the same thing last week. He was going up for a ball. a safety came over to help and he just pulled his hands back. I think he’ll be great when he gets open space. He needs to be more fearless