Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

Thoughts:

• Pittsburgh's Center gets the Colts' game ball this game.
  • Pittsburgh's defense was on its heels the first quarter getting run over by our oline.  I think the multicolored/rainbow sweatshirts the coaches were wearing messed with them. 
  • Oline play made things pretty easy for AR and JT the first quarter and a half, then Pitts D figured it out the rest of the game.
  • Why was AR and JT on the bench again?  Lots of capital sitting on the bench
  • The defense seemed to play very well without Buckner last game and this game.  What a terrible loss it is.
  • Moore  out.  Secondary - No Change, if not better.
  • I was waiting for that game killing pick thrown by Flacco.  Didn't happen, thank goodness.
  • Downs is really good.  Nice to see Pitt having a good game.
  • A Colts TE sighting, for a TD even.
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Can we stop. It wasn’t serious and if colts weren’t up 17 he probably would of kept playing.

Why would he be voluntarily out of the game when the Colts had to keep scoring to stay ahead of Pitt?   This is the game where it mattered JT was in, not the previous three.  But a lot of folks get stuff backwards. 

54 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

So since the offense was already down the field Flacco doesn’t get credit for producing the TD then?

I think he should get credit for his contributions to the TD. I'm only saying that it's not black and white, because he took over toward the end of a possession that was already having success. 

And if the larger point is that the offense slowed down when Richardson when out, then I think it's important to be clear about what happened on that first Flacco possession. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No spinning this week, we took mighty 3-0 Pitt out, spin if you want but you will look like a fool trying not to say this a big win. I am waiting because I am ready to pounce on anyone that tries to say we didn't deserve this. Pitt even had the REFS in their back pocket.

anybody over the age of 25 tell you how great this win is. Hate the Steelers. Can’t express how happy I am we beat them. Richardson is a diaster though. Can’t stay healthy

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

anybody over the age of 25 tell you how great this win is. Hate the Steelers. Can’t express how happy I am we beat them. Richardson is a diaster though. Can’t stay healthy

He wanted to come back in the game, Shane just kept him out because he trusted Flacco with the lead we had.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No spinning this week, we took mighty 3-0 Pitt out, spin it if you want but you will look like a fool trying not to say this a big win. I am waiting because I am ready to pounce on anyone that tries to say we didn't deserve this. Pitt even had the REFS in their back pocket.

You'll probably think this is negative, when its just an objective question.

How many games has AR played great but got hurt?

Does AR finish the games when he sucks?

Just now, DougDew said:

You'll probably think this is negative, when its just an objective question.

How many games has AR played great but got hurt?

Does AR finish the games when he sucks?

AR looked good today and actually wanted to come back in. We were up 17-0 but Shane had Flacco, why risk the injury getting worse at that point. I bet AR starts next week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No spinning this week, we took mighty 3-0 Pitt out, spin it if you want but you will look like a fool trying not to say this a big win. I am waiting because I am ready to pounce on anyone that tries to say we didn't deserve this. Pitt even had the REFS in their back pocket.

Defense needs a huge shoutout with how many guys were out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yikes. Thank you for warning me. If you’re ready to pounce, I will definitely watch what I say. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

AR as big as he is means nothing if he is more likely to be injured by everyday hits. The toughest boxer alive can't compete if he can't take a punch.

Football players get hurt.   Also,  the toughest boxer alive wouldn't be tough if he couldn't take a punch.   Your analogy is terrible.   Try again

1 minute ago, Rally5 said:

Shout out to Braden Smith, when healthy he's the most underrated player on this team.  All-Pro performance.

Very under rated.  TJ was handled today.   Impressive 

11 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Will have to agree to disagree. AR is going to have to show me more….

AR doesn't have to show you anything.   

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Very under rated.  TJ was handled today.   Impressive 

AR doesn't have to show you anything.   

AR looked great or good at worse today. He left the game and we let him sit because we have Joe and a huge lead, how that isn't obvious to some is mind boggling. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark_Indy said:

AR's durability is going to absolutely kill us. This is two years in a row where he has exited week 4 early. Last year it was the Ravens game. 

Flacco decided that he was going back 10 years to his Baltimore days. Solid, considering he's the backup. 

However, the offense has to run through JT. Our WR Corps is leaps and bounds better than last year, with Pierce finally realizing his potential, and Downs being an absolute stud, but the ball has to go into the hands of the best player on the offense. That's JT and he has to be given time to cook. 

Defense is adequate considering the injuries. Going into the half up 14 was completely unexpected, moreso the fact that the Colts took the lead and went coast to coast with it. While it would have been amazing to blow the Steelers out, it isn't a realistic expectation that they aren't going to score points. They're a solid team, even with Fields. 2 fumble recoveries, 4 sacks, 5 TFL and 4 players recording 5 PDs is a respectable statline. 

One point of note, that should be 5 sacks. That roughing the passer call was dog*.

Matt Gay... man, it feels like Vinatieri's last year. Sheesh. Hopefully he can turn it around. 

He didn’t play in the Ravens game last year at all.  That was after he had the concussion vs the Texans.  Still the overall point is health is the major concern with Richardson.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Too many weak hearted fans amongst Colts fans in the game day thread, blaming everyone and their mother the moment things don’t go their way and the other team starts making plays. You can call the right play and the other team can out execute you, it happens.

I’ve found my engagement and excitement for the game goes up exponentially when I don’t go to the game day threads. Not much analytical conversations, which is to be expected, but the excessive amount of doom and gloom posts over a minor hiccup puts a wet blanket on things quickly. 

I very much enjoy the post game discourse where more thought is put into things. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think AR lost his starting job. With the injury and accuracy concerns, it makes no sense to put him back out here. A QB needs to do 3 things to be successful: Be accurate, protect the football, and protect himself. Richardson hasn’t done any of those things. The hip injury was on him for getting the first down and not sliding.

Best thing for him long term is for him to sit and learn.

I see some are still drunk from the game.

14 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Shout out to Braden Smith, when healthy he's the most underrated player on this team.  All-Pro performance.

Fries is right there with him but yes Smith has been maybe the most underrated player in the league for a while.

54 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Physical fragile bodies is another one of those things that gets weeded out in college from competition.  Need to play enough games to pass the robustness test before ascending to the next level of football.   

Can you give me your complete analysis of every college player that played for 4 years and their injury history compared players that played less.   Thanks in advance 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AR looked great or good at worse today. He left the game and we let him sit because we have Joe and a huge lead, how that isn't obvious to some is mind boggling. 

Yeah, I’m looking forward to seeing AR get through an entire game playing as well as he did. Maybe we’ll see that next week.