Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears Defense putting up bb material

Patrick Miller

Confident Bears Defense Labels Colts as 'College Offense'

"The RPO game, because it's RPO if he pulls it, RPO with the passing game," safety Jaquan Brisker said of Richardson's threat. "It's really college football this week for us. So, we just have to go through that and be ready to read our keys this week."

4 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

"The RPO game, because it's RPO if he pulls it, RPO with the passing game," safety Jaquan Brisker said of Richardson's threat. "It's really college football this week for us. So, we just have to go through that and be ready to read our keys this week."

If there is no fire from the team this week, Irsay needs to clean house.   Wow

• Like 1

The Colts put on tape the first 2 weeks historically bad and embarrassing football. If the Colts need BB material to try and win a game, it's worse than we thought. Until the Colts put somethimg goood on tape, they need to keep their mouth shut and play ball. The Bears are in total rebuild so they have an excuse......According to Ballard, we are a good football team competing for the division and playoffs so it's way worse in Indy. The real motivator for the Colts should be what they have put on tape the last two weeks if they have any kind of pride or resolve because if they lose this game at home to a team that is 3 games into an entire rebuild, the Colts as an entire organazation is in big trouble even though they will never admit it. I would like to think management, coaches and players * are on the line every week now.

1 hour ago, DavePSL said:

The Colts put on tape the first 2 weeks historically bad and embarrassing football. If the Colts need BB material to try and win a game, it's worse than we thought. Until the Colts put somethimg goood on tape, they need to keep their mouth shut and play ball. The Bears are in total rebuild so they have an excuse......According to Ballard, we are a good football team competing for the division and playoffs so it's way worse in Indy. The real motivator for the Colts should be what they have put on tape the last two weeks if they have any kind of pride or resolve because if they lose this game at home to a team that is 3 games into an entire rebuild, the Colts as an entire organazation is in big trouble even though they will never admit it. I would like to think management, coaches and players * are on the line every week now.

Agreed this roster isnt as good as people seem to believe it is...

• Like 3

This has been a common thing from any team that has faced us so far. Bengals defense was trash talking and calling out the offense during training camp. Cardinals didn't seem fazed or impressed either in August... Packers defense was laughing at us about sitting on the sidelines all day. Texans backed up their talk and ran down our throats with Mixon while Stroud played perfect complimentary football. 

We aren't scaring anyone. 

And I think one of the biggest reasons for why this forum is so upset with an 0-2 start is because the media way overhyped this team... 

I kept hearing from pundits like Rich Eisen talking about how "unstoppable" we'd be with Richardson and Taylor together. The media made us out to be frauds. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And I think one of the biggest reasons for why this forum is so upset with an 0-2 start is because the media way overhyped this team... 

I kept hearing from pundits like Rich Eisen talking about how "unstoppable" we'd be with Richardson and Taylor together. The media made us out to be frauds. 

Yeah.. maybe we should let them do their thing then. Taylor averaged 8 a pop sunday and got 12 carries... Anthony ran what 3 times? his second run he leaped sooo quickly out of bounds it looked hilarious. Just play your game!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

This has been a common thing from any team that has faced us so far. Bengals defense was trash talking and calling out the offense during training camp. Cardinals didn't seem fazed or impressed either in August... Packers defense was laughing at us about sitting on the sidelines all day. Texans backed up their talk and ran down our throats with Mixon while Stroud played perfect complimentary football. 

I disagree  the team isn't  playing  to it's  strengths  which is why we are beating  ourselves. If Mike Tomlin or Jim harbaugh were our coach we'd  be 2-0 as they know how to play to a teams strengths. Steichen  is taking our best player off the field, not using  one of Richardson's biggest strengths  and trotting out questionable te. Run defense  is the worst run defense  since the 1978 colts and I don't  know how they are that bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I heard many of the same comments from forum members here

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I disagree  the team isn't  playing  to it's  strengths  which is why we are beating  ourselves. If Mike Tomlin or Jim harbaugh were our coach we'd  be 2-0 as they know how to play to a teams strengths. Steichen  is taking our best player off the field, not using  one of Richardson's biggest strengths  and trotting out questionable te. Run defense  is the worst run defense  since the 1978 colts and I don't  know how they are that bad.

Man I wish Harbaugh was the Colts coach.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I think Shane's play calling has not been very good so far this season. 

And that's another thing the media was kind of over hyping. I think we hear the term, "QB Whisperer" way too much nowadays when describing coaches. It puts a high amount of expectation on one individual to just make the QB position work regardless of who's under center... 

It's funny to see how Gannon in Arizona is having a good start to the year, while Shane is struggling. Last season Gannon was questioned on if he was the right guy to coach in AZ after the whole "fire in your gut" speech. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DavePSL said:

They get paid - regardless of performance.  That’s what really matters.

• Like 1

Yep. There does seem to be a trend quickly developing with opponents. A lack of respect and far too much comfort. 

I hope AR bombs one over this S's head. I don't even care if it's covered and falls incomplete, just bomb it down there to let them know you can.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think Shane's play calling has not been very good so far this season. 

And that's another thing the media was kind of over hyping. I think we hear the term, "QB Whisperer" way too much nowadays when describing coaches. It puts a high amount of expectation on one individual to just make the QB position work regardless of who's under center... 

It's funny to see how Gannon in Arizona is having a good start to the year, while Shane is struggling. Last season Gannon was questioned on if he was the right guy to coach in AZ after the whole "fire in your gut" speech. 

I agree.

I'm concerned that Shane is showing himself to be more of an X's and O's guy and not a leader of men.

Pulling Taylor out of the game on 3rd and 2 (when he was ripping off 10-15 yard runs) was quite possibly the dumbest coaching move I have ever seen.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Man I wish Harbaugh was the Colts coach.

I like Steichen, but I always wished Harbaugh would end up HC of the Colts. It just made so much sense. 

Now one of the AFC teams that disappoints annually is going to be a force again for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

I agree.

I'm concerned that Shane is showing himself to be more of an X's and O's guy and not a leader of men.

Pulling Taylor out of the game on 3rd and 2 (when he was ripping off 10-15 yard runs) was quite possibly the dumbest coaching move I have ever seen.

C’mon, man.  He just “wanted give Goodsen some touches.”

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Yep. There does seem to be a trend quickly developing with opponents. A lack of respect and far too much comfort. 

I hope AR bombs one over this S's head. I don't even care if it's covered and falls incomplete, just bomb it down there to let them know you can.

I think Alec Pierce can burn him. 

That was the thing I loved about Luck. At least 2-3 times a game he'd launch it downfield knowing full well Hilton was going to be there, sometimes before he had even broken past the safeties. 

• Like 3

Richardson is the overhyped one.  Taylor and the OL are holding up their share of the hype.  Richardson and our coach are not.  Shane more than Richardson imo.  I don’t think his play calling is anything special.  One designed run for AR is ridiculous.  Hopefully Downs returning will help but the offense is very vanilla right now and our quarterback has accuracy issues.  You would think two years of NFL coaching would help.  As of now I don’t see it improving.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Richardson is the overhyped one.  Taylor and the OL are holding up their share of the hype.  Richardson and our coach are not.  Shane more than Richardson imo.  I don’t think his play calling is anything special.  One designed run for AR is ridiculous.  Hopefully Downs returning will help but the offense is very vanilla right now and our quarterback has accuracy issues.  You would think two years of NFL coaching would help.  As of now I don’t see it improving.

I agree and disagree. 

Yes. He was overhyped by so many outlets because of his physical traits. And now many are being let down, similar to Bears fans who thought Caleb Williams would just walk into the NFL and be the next Mahomes. 

I disagree with your implication that Richardson is already a bust. I've made my reasons why many times on this site. I'm not going further with you, because I know you have already made your decision. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I agree and disagree. 

Yes. He was overhyped by so many outlets because of his physical traits. And now many are being let down, similar to Bears fans who thought Caleb Williams would just walk into the NFL and be the next Mahomes. 

I disagree with your implication that Richardson is already a bust. I've made my reasons why many times on this site. I'm not going further with you, because I know you have already made your decision. 

Not implying he’s a bust.  He’s a smart kid, talented and I would assume he’s received some good coaching since arriving in Indianapolis.  Now he hasn’t played a lot which is to his detriment but I was hoping to see him play a little better to start the season.   I’m not thrilled with his throwing motion either but it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

You would think two years of NFL coaching would help.  As of now I don’t see it improving.

How about we let him actually get in 2 years of NFL coaching. 

200.webp?cid=790b7611vue5pc3rs0ayijar0dr

8 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

How about we let him actually get in 2 years of NFL coaching. 

200.webp?cid=790b7611vue5pc3rs0ayijar0dr

Yep. He's realistically only had 1 year and 4 months with NFL coaching. And he's really only been able to work officially with those coaches for much less. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

The only way for the RPO game to work is for Richardson to establish himself as a passer. I said before the season began that the RPO game has lessened in its effectiveness. 

• Like 1

The taunts from the other Team’s Defensive Player’s are mounting, a pattern let’s say. They see the tape, they have seen it live as we all have. AR’s performance has been “Uneven”. Slow starts, turnovers, penalties, drops, the cone 9 defensively not performing. The tape on this team is real and ugly. If there is a week that we could get in the Win  column, it’s this one. I think we get a win in an ugly pillow fight. 

• Like 1