Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears Colts predictions

danlhart87

9 hours ago, CardiacColts said:

I am feeling optimistic for this game. The Bears have some talent, but they are currently in disarray as well. This is the best opportunity we are going to get here in the first few games to put a W on the board. I’m hoping we can make it count.

I can’t help but wonder if we have an accountability or culture problem on the team though. I’m praying we don’t have a culture problem. But I just came across a clip of EJ Speed, getting interviewed about how the run defense can improve, and his first response was to blame the O and say that putting some points on the board wouldn’t hurt. That left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. 

Really hoping that Shane can show us all that he’s the right guy to lead this team. But we may be at more of a tipping point than we realize.

Yeah I didn't like the comment either

9 hours ago, CardiacColts said:

... But I just came across a clip of EJ Speed, getting interviewed about how the run defense can improve, and his first response was to blame the O and say that putting some points on the board wouldn’t hurt. That left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth...

I watched the interview too, and thought it quite hypocritical, that Speed, coming off such an awful performance himself, would criticize the offense

On 9/17/2024 at 3:56 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bears defense is really good. It gave them a chance to win Sunday. Colts need to get the offense going Sunday,

Bears D bailed Williams out week one.  I only wish the Colts could do the same for Richardson. 

• Like 1

On Caleb Williams it was said of him last week "He was the best athlete on the team in college. Not so in the pros."

Chi is last in passing yards and last in yards per pass. They suck in rushing

Colts are last in stopping the rush and 31st against pass completion %.

Get out the paper sacks for this one and don't bother to cut out two holes,

I'll be fishin'

lttle boy fishing.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• But AR has thrown off his back foot more than he needs.  Looks rushed to the eye but really isn't...same with pulling it and taking off.  JT did not play well despite the OL blocking pretty well against HOU.
    • I don’t think he’s excusing the run defense.  I think he’s trying to shine a light j the offense problem that is being over looked by some.  As bad as the first half was Sunday the run defense was MUCH better in the second half even without Buckner for most of it.  Still the offense struggled, especially outside of Taylor running or Pierce catching, so if you asked me which I am more concerned about right now it’s the offense because at least the defense put together a strong half in their last half of football.     The offense in the first game was all deep shots or nothing.  The Packers made the adjustments to that which was take away the deep shots and said beat us driving the ball.  Shane choose to put the game in the hands of his young QB who was clearly struggling Sunday rather than his superstar back who was having a great game running the ball.  That’s why some are being so hard on Shane.  Then after the game some said the oline wasn’t playing well and this is more proof that’s not the case.     don’t get me wrong the defense needs to prove they can do it for a whole game not just a half so it’s fair to be concerned about that too but it’s been hammered to death.  I took Richard’s post as an attempt to shine a light on a problem that is being ignored by some.
    • Agree to a point but there are more details to this, IMO.    Despite running well, running has not produced points.  We don't have players that can pound it in the RZ when the box fills up.  That may be due to AR not being the same runner as Hurts, if you want to compare similar offenses.  Its either a big play TD running game, or a between the 20s running game....but, it's not a point scoring running game.  The failure to score points means we are playing from behind...in both games...and that simply reduces the running game calls as the game wears on like it would for all teams.
    • The best oline in the NFL is whichever one plays our defense. 
    • On Caleb Williams it was said of him last week "He was the best athlete on the team in college. Not so in the pros." Chi is last in passing yards and last in yards per pass. They suck in rushing Colts are last in stopping the rush and 31st against pass completion %. Get out the paper sacks for this one and don't bother to cut out two holes, I'll be fishin'
  • Members