Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

POLL: fire ballard?

AKB

Should the Colts fire Chris Ballard?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. fire ballard?

• AKB changed the title to POLL: Should the Colts fire Ballard?
  • AKB changed the title to POLL: fire ballard? + post game reaction
  • AKB changed the title to POLL: fire ballard?
6 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Time to take out the trash Irsay.

Irsay could not even tell you where the trash is let alone carry it outside… Whatever happens, I sincerely hope he is roped in by his girls and he lets them methodically work it out. He has a knack for making rash decisions, and he is currently in no shape to do that. 

1 minute ago, AKB said:

i've heard a few people say he's next, but how different from ballard is he and how do we know?

I have no idea honestly.

He continues to get interviews around the league and is well respected. I like him in the yearly draft videos they do.

Not sure if he is much different or not. Just something different.. at this point likely better 

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

No

loll did it feel good to type it out. write it down on a sticky note? 

3 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

Fire Ballard and try to bring in Bellichick.

are you allowed to say that as a colts fan? lol

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Irsay could not even tell you where the trash is let alone carry it outside… Whatever happens, I sincerely hope he is roped in by his girls and he lets them methodically work it out. He has a knack for making rash decisions, and he is currently in no shape to do that. 

Irsay? Jim Irsay? No he doesn’t. His decisions have always been thought out.

now if you wanna say Robert Irsay, yeah I’d agree there but Jim has been at times TOO patient 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

At the very least he will demand winning. 

edited because it didn’t sound right to me.

Yeah cause he did so well without Tom Brady in New England and the biggest criticism on him was that he hadn’t drafted well in YEARS!!! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Irsay? Jim Irsay? No he doesn’t. His decisions have always been thought out.

now if you wanna say Robert Irsay, yeah I’d agree there but Jim has been at times TOO patient 

that may be your opinion but I don’t believe it’s a fact. He disregarded everyone’s input on hiring Jeff Saturday mid season, which is still laughable. His “pairing” of Grigson and Pagano when he extended both of them and then proceeded to fire Grigson and force Ballard to keep Chuck for a season- was that well thought out? The older he has gotten, the more out there his decision making has been.

i don’t think he’s making decisions right now. And I hope he isn’t. I hope his daughters are and will work through the process. There is little benefit of doing anything until later in the season anyways. 

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

K.....here it is. I am giving AR the full year much like they did with Manning. There are going to be a lot of ups and downs, and we will have a verdict on him at the end of the season. I am not really going to post on him this season in terms of his failures. Let him go and give him 17 games to prove he is the guy. Now Ballard and Gus. I have posted enough on those two and they both need to be gone today. I hear people say the D didn't lose the game. They gave up I  think 250 yards or more rushing. 

People said the Colts have a great D line. I said all year and even before this year they were average. I said don't buy into the sacks from last year. This team was facing Willis and gave up 250 yards rushing. We knew Green Bay was going to run it and they did. To show that Irsay still has some ability to make a sound decision. Ballard and Gus need to be gone today. This defense is Ballard's mastermind from the ground up. He has a horrible record as a GM, and it is not going to change. 

I hear people say it is Gus and yes it is to a point.  Ballard has put tons of money and assets into this D line. It should be the strength if this team. Two games in and it's a joke. The Oline is also over rated and this TE room is also absent. I think Irsay needs to send a message before this gets ugly. I also found it laughable when people predicted playoffs. I pointed to the fact that last years schedule was basically against college teams, lol, and the talent level is getting exposed. I really am dumb founded by the faith in Ballard. I don't like his ability to construct and draft players for a defense. Sure he has drafted some good offensive players, but I think his resigning of players to a second contract has been very disappointing. He does not like to let things play out in terms of contracts. I find him to be quite an arrogant man down deep and he loves to sign his own as I feel it validates his drafting.

thanks for sharing

• Like 1

I am not a fan of Ballard. I have objected to many of his moves during his tenure here.

But I voted No on this for one simple reason: you don't fire the GM in week 2! Wherever you think this season is going, if you think it's bad now, firing the GM now would throw the whole front office into a complete state of disarray. Who would be acting interim GM? The coaching staff and the players would feel the impact of that move as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I am not a fan of Ballard. I have objected to many of his moves during his tenure here.

But I voted No on this for one simple reason: you don't fire the GM in week 2! Wherever you think this season is going, if you think it's bad now, firing the GM now would throw the whole front office into a complete state of disarray. Who would be acting interim GM? The coaching staff and the players would feel the impact of that move as well.

this is not a fire him right now thread. most fans understand that doesn't happen in season

28 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

that may be your opinion but I don’t believe it’s a fact. He disregarded everyone’s input on hiring Jeff Saturday mid season, which is still laughable. His “pairing” of Grigson and Pagano when he extended both of them and then proceeded to fire Grigson and force Ballard to keep Chuck for a season- was that well thought out? The older he has gotten, the more out there his decision making has been.

i don’t think he’s making decisions right now. And I hope he isn’t. I hope his daughters are and will work through the process. There is little benefit of doing anything until later in the season anyways. 

I didn’t say the decisions weren’t bad, I just said they weren’t rash or impulsive. Which to me is what the phrase rash decision means

• Like 2

Just now, csmopar said:

I didn’t say the decisions weren’t bad, I just said they weren’t rash or impulsive. Which to me is what the phrase rash decision means

They absolutely were rash. He literally called Jeff during halftime of the New England game. Don’t kid yourself… 

Firing Grigson after giving him an extension and saying he was paired at the hip with pagano is a rash decision. He 1000% makes impulsive decisions. The report was the Frank Reich begged him to not fire him and he decided not to. Was that thought out or was it impulsive because of a guy on his knees pleading? 

Ballard has a defense philosophy that matches with Gus.

Ballard sets the scouting agenda to draft for his preferred style.

To fire Gus is kinda firing Ballards own philosophy one might say.

So why would we want him to be part of the cure?

These next few games are going to be telling.

I'm fine with replacing our front office as we don't look close to being contenders. 

The DC for IU sure called an aggressive game.

right, so to be clear. I don't think the topic is intended for him to get fired today guys. This is a general opinion on whether someone should be fired, and if so, you can dictate or state when you think it is most appropriate.