Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Tracking Colts releases at cutdown

CR91

49 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Just remember that teams play a lot of games right now.  They may keep a guy because they want to put him on the PS after a week when rosters are settled in.  And they're worried he may be poached if they waived him today.  Happens all the time.

I'm pretty sure the 53 we have on the roster right now won't be the same as on opening day.

I watched Rucker very closely and really liked the progress he showed in the games.

But I can see where if we wait to cut him, that other teams very possibly would not be signing him straight to a 53. 

A very good chance he can linger on the PS for a good while. Then with an injury you bring him up.. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Of course he will... Every year Tennessee signs several of our waived players

Ballard once said that teams know they are close when players don't make the roster and are picked up by other teams. Same for executives that get promotions by other teams. We've seen a lot of that over the last few years. Just ready for it to be put together and work out. 

Tennessee hasn't had confidence in their drafting... A lot of free agent moves and trades the last several years. The one pick they nailed they traded away when he wanted to stay, lol. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

If you look his primary job is as a Titans reporter.

I've read more than enough to understand he likes twisting our *.

Sorry, I don’t follow….

FWIW:

I hadn’t heard of Destin as a Titans reporter before.   So at your comment,  I clicked on Destin’s X account.   The first thing it says is Colts beat writer.  No mention of Titans anywhere. 

• Like 2

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, I don’t follow….

FWIW:

I hadn’t heard of Destin as a Titans reporter before.   So at your comment,  I clicked on Destin’s X account.   The first thing it says is Colts beat writer.  No mention of Titans anywhere. 

I call for an immediate investigation into Destin Adams. That boy's been spying on the Colts for his beloved Titans? 

aziz ansari snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I have more an observation than an argument - that those young DBs weren't great last season and had some durability issues. Ballard indicated in his season ending press conference that it could be an area for roster additions, yet they haven't added anybody through the draft, free agency, or trades, even for improved depth. It may work out, but it seems risky and a little curious.

Another thing that really concerns me about the secondary is that if they can't cover and we play them off because we dont trust them it will negate the entire "Great pass rush" that we hope to have. I can see us having better pass rushers this year but having a lot less sacks because of our "young secondary " and that will be very disappointing considering anybody that has any knowledge about football understands that a pass rush and secondary work together when it comes to disrupting and getting pressure on the QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, I don’t follow….

FWIW:

A deep plant!

• Thanks 1

I'm sure it has been mentioned here but I cannot find it. How soon can teams start re-signing their cut players to the practice squad? Or, how long does it take for players to clear waivers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Keep in mind that Bean was the #1 pick in the UFL (I think that’s what they’re calling it) draft.  So, he has to decide if he wants to play or be on a PS…

I saw somewhere, that NFL practice squad pays much more than UFL. With that in mind, I expect Bean to be either on another teams NFL roster, or back on our PS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ADnum1 said:

Only thing I can think is Sam knows the offense and AR goes to him for help.

I read on this board that Flacco doesn't like to help rookie QBs

Well, if you read it on this board it has to be true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Sam Darnold could replace a handful of 2s across the league, but not Sam Ehlinger :) that's a very high praise for him, but I respect your opinion. 

you're probably right. ive admitted my bias for sammy

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is exactly right.

They have over 20 million in cap space. They don’t sign anyone and then cut their draft picks.

we like our young DBs proceeds to cut both and leave Baker lol.

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

A little surprised to see Rock Ya-Sin being cut…

I agree but I admit I haven’t followed him at all since we traded him. Assuming he hasn’t regressed at all he could at least be a number 3 or 4 corner here don’t you think?

alright so if Sam wasn't released, and according to about 7/10 on here Sammy is trash, wait, sorry let's not use that word. Sammy is not good, and is physically limited etc... why is he on the roster?

is he better than what the majority of this board believes?

or is Ballard playing favorites to his own draft picks again?

which one? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Good point, but if you think our squad is as stacked as the 49ers....I have some bad news for you

Not at all. I’m just saying never say never based on a players initial draft position or depth chart. It’s rare, but special players do come out of nowhere sometimes 

49 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I'm sure it has been mentioned here but I cannot find it. How soon can teams start re-signing their cut players to the practice squad? Or, how long does it take for players to clear waivers?

After the 24 hour waiver period ends, so 4:01 pm EST tomorrow 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

He had one play....other than that, he didn't have a very good camp or pre season.

he did nothing to get cut though... wasn't exposed in coverage. made a game-changing play. for a rookie, that's good en tough. was his first offseason worse than Jones'? I don't think so. 

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Right. Latu hopefully gives us the pure pass rusher this team has been missing for a long time.

But mainly the difference will come down to Richardson over Minshew

Actually, it’s Flacco over Minshew. Richardson was the Starter last year, same as this year.

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

he did nothing to get cut though... wasn't exposed in coverage. made a game-changing play. for a rookie, that's good en tough. was his first offseason worse than Jones'? I don't think so. 

So it sounds like you know your stuff and watched every practice, scrimmage and game. I'm surprised Ballard and the coaching staff didn't consult with you before they cut him.

Just now, jimmy g said:

Actually, it’s Flacco over Minshew. Richardson was the Starter last year, same as this year.

what? Richardson barely played. he didn't even finish a game. 

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

So it sounds like you know your stuff and watched every practice, scrimmage and game. I'm surprised Ballard and the coaching staff didn't consult with you before they cut him.

right, so make it out as if I'm a know it all rather than actually engage in the conversation. 

the question was simple, read it as many time as you want. What did Abraham do to warrant getting cut? Especially to be cut as a rookie, in the worse DB room in the league. 

And if it doesn't work out, and we end up 29th in passing, let me guess. It's Gus bradleys fault huh ?

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

what? Richardson barely played. he didn't even finish a game. 

If he does that again, it’s the same as last year.  The difference is- I believe Flacco is an upgrade over Minshew.

Just now, jimmy g said:

If he does that again, it’s the same as last year.  The difference is- I believe Flacco is an upgrade over Minshew.

yeah, .maybe in arm strength.. but minshew didn't necessarily play bad last year. but we probably do end up seeing Flaco take snaps as a starter, even if its only to fill in for AR. He's likely to get injured, I mean the guy didn't finish a single game.

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

yeah, .maybe in arm strength.. but minshew didn't necessarily play bad last year. but we probably do end up seeing Flaco take snaps as a starter, even if its only to fill in for AR. He's likely to get injured, I mean the guy didn't finish a single game.

He did finish one.

1 minute ago, AKB said:

really? did he get injured that game, then come back in?

Kevin Bowen talked about it this morning. Said he played in five, finished one.  I take his word for it, he sees the games.  I’m a truck driver, working, and trying to hear the games…