Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason #3: Colts @ Bengals, Thursday, August 22, 2024, 8:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, RollerColt said:

Velocity is too much right now. Just got to throw a bit more touch. I think his shoulder just hasn’t broken in yet.

Kirk said it best in the commentating. It’s touch, rhythm. He doesn’t have it yet. It’s to be expected- he can develop a rhythm in the pocket, and I think it could come this year. That’s what I want to see.

• Like 2

Glad he is going to get to watch tape & get coached up on this now.

Because, that throw to AD right there would have been a huge gain/possible TD. Can’t miss those. They are throws average college QB’s make. 

He’ll get his feet under him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Kirk said it best in the commentating. It’s touch, rhythm. He doesn’t have it yet. It’s to be expected- he can develop a rhythm in the pocket, and I think it could come this year. That’s what I want to see.

Yep. I expect some magic moments followed by some rough rookie mistake moments this season. This is essentially a redo of his rookie year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Look, I realize it’s preseason, but our starters are going against their second and third stringers. It’s kind of deflating to see the offenses performance on the last two drives.

I think it's great to be honest. I 100% expected them to be rusty. This puts it on tape and let's them work on it before week 1. If Steichen hadn't started our #1s this would've been week 1.

• Like 7

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Look, I realize it’s preseason, but our starters are going against their second and third stringers. It’s kind of deflating to see the offenses performance on the last two drives.

Why? It’s just them beating themselves with miscommunication, overthrown passes and dropped balls. It’s not like they are making plays on us. It’s correctable issues. This is exactly what I said would happen. The “AR needs the reps” crowd would get discouraged the second we weren’t dominating the 2nd team tonight. Even after the start, it’s already happening… 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One thing so far is, AR hasn't took off running yet. Not mentioned yet.

I think that’s part of the script. The play before the quarter ended would have been a CRAZY big gain by him. You could see his reaction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One thing so far is, AR hasn't took off running yet. Not mentioned yet.

yeah. This is vanilla offense. I understand letting AR play a bit in hopes of getting some of this out of the way and corrected. His touch with the ball is nothing new. He has to develop it. It’s not going to happen in this game. It’s going to happen over the course of a full year. We had a chance to take an offense full of confidence off the field and prepping for week 1 when it matters, and decided the reps were more important. I don’t know that I agree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

The INT was a mis communication. Not really defending it but Granson ran a wrong route.

• Like 1