Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baldy on Latu

CR91

14 minutes ago, AKB said:

did u guys see JJ McCarthy gonna have surgery on his knee? @NFLfan maybe minshew would've been a good signing after all

Nah, I'm happy with Darnold. I wanted the Vikes to sign him. I would have been happy with Minshew too, but I am satisfied with what we have.

Now, I could do without the injury.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lester said:

I read on this forum that no one did anything in the pre-season game. Baldinger we doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 

Really? I thought I saw lots of people on here saying Latu looked like the real deal. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Nah, I'm happy with Darnold. I wanted the Vikes to sign him. I would have been happy with Minshew too, but I am satisfied with what we have.

Now, I could do without the injury.

Sucks about the injury, hopefully it's a quick trim/recovery. I'm interested to see how Darnold does with a competent head coach and some really solid play makers around him. Obviously he hasn't turned into what he was drafted to be but I think he will look much better in this offense.

• Like 2

How did we get talking to someone else on the Latu thread? This kid is going to be great. We're lucky to have Latu. We better get to the quarterback quite often with our secondary. IMO. But Latu is going to be fun to watch. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lester said:

I read on this forum that no one did anything in the pre-season game. Baldinger we doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that's not the case at all. Plenty of guys played well, but it's the preseason so you don't get too high and you don't get too low

• Like 1

Man Latu is a beast. 

I think if some young guys can produce, and if we make like 1 signing a lot of the complaints on here would be almost non existent. I am excited for these rookies tbh

Anyone else going to the cardinals game?

• Like 1

My biggest concern about Latu besides the past neck injury was his size coming into the NFL. I know his technique is Elite but I thought NFL Tackles would be bullying him around because of him being undersized. This guy is ridiculously strong and is only going to get bigger, stronger, and better. That. Is. Scary.

14 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

My biggest concern about Latu besides the past neck injury was his size coming into the NFL. I know his technique is Elite but I thought NFL Tackles would be bullying him around because of him being undersized. This guy is ridiculously strong and is only going to get bigger, stronger, and better. That. Is. Scary.

Latu is 6’5” and 265.   You think that’s undersized?   Not in a 4-3 defense.   He’s close to perfect.   The only thing he lacks is arm length.   But he has succeed in spite of having shorter arms than desired.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Latu is 6’5” and 265.   You think that’s undersized?   Not in a 4-3 defense.   He’s close to perfect.   The only thing he lacks is arm length.   But he has succeed in spite of having shorter arms than desired.  

Buckner mentioned the size when comparing Latu to Bosa, and he certainly didn't say anything about size disparities. If anything, he mentioned that Laiatu is taller

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

Buckner mentioned the size when comparing Latu to Bosa, and he certainly didn't say anything about size disparities. If anything, he mentioned that Laiatu is taller

I think there’s been a misunderstanding… 

I just listened to Buckner for the 2nd time. He didn’t mention Bosa by size, he was talking about Bosa’s big reputation and similar playing style.   Buckner said he was telling that to Ballard the other day, that Latu compared favorably to Bosa. 

Bosa is 6’4” 266

Latu is 6’5”. 265

They’re almost twins.

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I just listened to Buckner for the 2nd time. He didn’t mention Bosa by size, he was talking about Bosa’s big reputation and similar playing style.   Buckner said he was telling that to Ballard the other day, that Latu compared favorably to Bosa. 

Bosa is 6’4” 266

Latu is 6’5”. 265

They’re almost twins.

NCF, Around a minute in, Buckner says, and I'm quoting verbatim "One thing I can say, I mean, he's a little taller than Nick but uh, um..he just, he's slippery".

What are we debating?   Buckner goes on to say he was talking with Ballard about comparing Latu to Bosa.   He wasn’t talking with Ballard about size.  He was talking about ability.   I’ve already noted that Latu is an inch taller.  That isn’t the point of Buckners comments.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bosa is 6’4” 266

Latu is 6’5”. 265

They’re almost twins.

Nope.. Buckner definitely mentioned that Latu is taller. You better listen a 3rd time.

9 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Nope.. Buckner definitely mentioned that Latu is taller. You better listen a 3rd time.

Hes an inch taller.   And that wasn’t the point if his comment.   Sorry, but YOU better listen to the entire conversation again.   It’s about a minute long.  You can do that. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Hes an inch taller.   And that wasn’t the point if his comment.   Sorry, but YOU better listen to the entire conversation again.   It’s about a minute long.  You can do that. 

I listened once and managed to retain what was said. Que it up again....give it a 3rd or 4th attempt...concentrate 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bosa is 6’4” 266

Latu is 6’5”. 265

They’re almost twins.

And maxx Crosby is 259lbs.  And get this, TJ Watt is 251lbs.  Latu is just right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Bout time the Colts had another blue chipper at DE. Been too long, 98 and 93 have been retired for a hot minute.

Latu was always going to be ahead of the curve, because his polish is his calling card. Most of Ballard’s edge rushers that have been drafted have been guys with athletic upside but no polish. Latu is the first pass rusher we drafted that was already a nuanced pass rusher to come out, plus had the athletic profile.

Also 96.3 PFF Grade.

I don’t think people realize how great of a pick he was. This is the first time since maybe Taylor that the Colts drafted the undisputed best guy at the position. That’s why Ballard was laughing maniacally on draft day saying “We got the best freakin rusher in the draft” on WTNP.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Undersized? He's 6 5 265. How is that undersized?

On 8/15/2024 at 2:43 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I was referring to him adding muscle.

On 8/15/2024 at 2:26 PM, Dark Superman said:

Undersized? Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020