Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thunder and Lightning

It will be exciting to watch Richardson and Taylor at work this season, barring injuries. So, I've come up with nicknames for both of them: thunder and lighting. I think Richardson will be the Thunder, and Taylor will be the Lighting. Both of these guys together will be explosive IMHO. What does everyone else think? I'm looking forward to this combo especially since I believe this O-line will have a great season and open up the space for for Taylor and Richardson on his designed runs. 

Yeah, Richardson and Taylor are also going to open things up for everyone else. It'll be a dynamic duo fun to watch, and I have season tickets with my wife. It's going to be exciting to be there. With our secondary, we are going to have to outscore teams. But our defense looks good. I just don't know why Ballard never addressed the safety position. I hope he knows something that I don't with it. 

42 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, Richardson and Taylor are also going to open things up for everyone else. It'll be a dynamic duo fun to watch, and I have season tickets with my wife. It's going to be exciting to be there. With our secondary, we are going to have to outscore teams. But our defense looks good. I just don't know why Ballard never addressed the safety position. I hope he knows something that I don't with it. 

Ballard has about a month to address the safety position.   Games that count don’t happen until roughly mid-September.   There’s still lots of time.  

On 8/1/2024 at 4:39 PM, superrep1967 said:

It will be exciting to watch Richardson and Taylor at work this season, barring injuries. So, I've come up with nicknames for both of them: thunder and lighting. I think Richardson will be the Thunder, and Taylor will be the Lighting. Both of these guys together will be explosive IMHO. What does everyone else think? I'm looking forward to this combo especially since I believe this O-line will have a great season and open up the space for for Taylor and Richardson on his designed runs. 

In 1966 Sports Illustrated had the cover of Brooks Robinson and Frank Robinson, calling them Thunder and Lightning in Baltimore.  I’ve never heard of another duo called that since.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

In 1966 Sports Illustrated had the cover of Brooks Robinson and Frank Robinson, calling them Thunder and Lightning in Baltimore.  I’ve never heard of another duo called that since

While playing at Mississippi State baseball players Rafael Palmeiro and Will Clark were called Thunder and Lighting when they played together there. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard has about a month to address the safety position.   Games that count don’t happen until roughly mid-September.   There’s still lots of time.  

You don’t consider the Houston game as one that counts?

• w87r changed the title to Thunder and Lightning
9 hours ago, jimmy g said:

In 1966 Sports Illustrated had the cover of Brooks Robinson and Frank Robinson, calling them Thunder and Lightning in Baltimore.  I’ve never heard of another duo called that since.

The Giants Ron Dayne and Tiki Barber were called that in the early 2000's.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jimmy g said:

reggie bush n lendale white en college. thunder n lighting is literally the 1st name ppl think of when it comes 2 a backfield w 2 good running backs 

The Packers have some Thunder & Lightning in AJ Dillon and Josh Jacobs this season. Also add in the rook MarShawn Lloyd.

The Colts are looking to Trey Sermon to bring some Thunder with a physical running style. I have not seen enough to judge his pass-blocking and pass-catching abilities. 

Pretty sure Serman will end up as the #2 back.

12 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Byner and Mack from the 80's Browns. I remember Dick Enberg calling them that. 

14 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Pretty sure Ballard knows waaaaay more than you do regarding the safety position.

4 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Pretty sure Ballard knows waaaaay more than you do regarding the safety position.

I'm sure he does, but I was just wondering. Are we allowed to wonder about something on here?...lol

19 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

It's my understanding that every team must outscore the opponent to win.

Also,  there is time to add a vet.  Simmons will be signed by some team very shortly 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

It's my understanding that every team must outscore the opponent to win.

Also,  there is time to add a vet.  Simmons will be signed by some team very shortly 

I know what you mean and I think you know I mean by my statement and will leave it at that. 

40 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I know what you mean and I think you know I mean by my statement and will leave it at that. 

Ahh.  I still don't know what you mean.   How is AR thunder?

51 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ahh.  I still don't know what you mean.   How is AR thunder?

I was just responding to the message you left me. As far as Richardson is concerned, he is big, strong, and fast. It's just an opinion. You don't have to agree with it. I'm cool with that. 

14 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

That was also said regarding the WR room for years when JMV and fans wanted legitimate playmakers Lol. 

I'm looking forward to this years WR's which finally  looks like it could be the best group since Pagano's years. And if the pass rush is also improved, like it may be, then possibly the colts defense can tolerate a young and unproven secondary. If not, we'll need to see a lot from "Thunder & Lightning" to weather out the season. :funny:

Lightning Thunder GIF by Te Wānanga o Aotearoa

5 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Roosevelt Potts and Marshall Faulk in the mid 90s for the Colts was Thunder and Lightning. 

Rosie Potts, that's a name I haven't heard or thought about in awhile, thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 9:53 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I disagree with this slightly. 

A month from now puts us in Sept. 

Then I think it will take another month to learn Gus's system.

That would put us into early Oct before the new safety is ready to play.

• Thanks 2