Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp July 28th

thanks to @Restinpeacesweetchloe this is the best place to find all the info. 

after skimming through I have a couple of thoughts. first, we need a veteran cornerback, and it isn't Flowers, or any of the other late-rounders that Ballard sympathizers want to name or list. 

the second thing is that SS is locked with Blackmon, and I trust our FS situation more than I do the CB situation. Although there's a point to be made that a vet at both spots would help this defense, without a doubt. 

Ahston Dulin will fight for, and probably maintain a spot on the roster. (WR1 Pitt, WR2 AD/Pierce SLWR Down, TEAMS dulin/Gould)

'

Ballard has always been exceptional at drafting linebackers, and I think it will be a strength of the team, including the line even if Ebukam misses time. 

regardless of the struggling secondary, we likely see the 'kids' play for the first 2-4 games before any move is made. let's hope we can at least go .500 in that period. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Holy % he caught that. AD is gonna be so good

Almost ... but he did not make that catch. Watch again and you can see the ball come out when he hit the ground.

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

That was his Hemet coming off.

I couldn't enlarge it and my 75 year old eyes aint what they used to be. That said the guy looks like grand theft larceny at pick 20 of the 2nd round.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Almost ... but he did not make that catch. Watch again and you can see the ball come out when he hit the ground.

I thought so too, but that was actually the helmet

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lot of GM’s are going to have some splainin to do on why they passed him once this season is in the books. My expectations for AD are sky high! Him and Latu have me very excited! 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

What will the loss of Sampson mean?  (Looks bad, don't want to speculate on the exact injury, but we know the drill and our luck, let's say he's out for the year)

It's like a disease ...strength of team is the DL ...already down 2. (Dayo and Sampson,)

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

It's like a disease ...strength of team is the DL ...already down 2. (Dayo and Sampson,)

Camp injuries happen. Hopefully it doesn't linger into the regular season 

From a search on the serious Ebukem injury (After being carted off in major pain)------>> Ebukem is currently the projected starter at right defensive end, following a career season in which he recorded 57 tackles (39 solo), 10 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks, 48 total QB pressures, 3 forced fumbles, and a pass defensed during all 17 starts in his debut Colts campaign. He was graded out as PFF’s 14th best edge in 2023 with a +84.4 overall grade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Unfortunately I think we've seen this DB group struggle mightily before and them struggling again in camp doesn't bode well for Ballard's high expectations of them. 

It's still no pads though, but the defense have had a rough start that's for sure.

I think this is best roster we have had since 2020 with Rivers at QB. That roster was pretty good overall as we still had TY, Leonard, Costanzo, + Taylor and Pitt were rookies with a young Nelson. This roster we have now looks like they have good chemistry and AR looks legit. Mitchell may be the steal of the draft?? Latu was a steal as well. Pitt, Nelson, Taylor, Downs, Franklin, Buckner, and Moore are all solid. We have a good FG Kicker too and a good CoachThis is the best I have felt in 4 freakin years!

I think we can the South, I may change my pick. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think this is best roster we have had since 2020 with Rivers at QB. That roster was pretty good overall as we still had TY, Leonard, Costanzo, + Taylor and Pitt were rookies with a young Nelson. This roster we have now looks like they have good chemistry and AR looks legit. Mitchell may be the steal of the draft?? Latu was a steal as well. Pitt, Nelson, Taylor, Downs, Franklin, Buckner, and Moore are all solid. We have a good FG Kicker too and a good CoachThis is the best I have felt in 4 freakin years!

I think we can the South, I may change my pick. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

To follow this up, opening day is going to be huge. Whoever wins that game will have the upper hand early, the loser will be playing from behind right off the bat. I am throwing a football party for that day. Probably invite 4 or 5 of my friends over, sort of like a mini SB party. Get 100 Wings from BW3's, 50 Hot Barbecue, 50 Mild. My friend Brent will bring over his famous spicey Chili, I can't wait. I am getting tanked that day, strong beer and Crown Royal all day. Football is back baby!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts have Texans and go to geeen bay the next week. That is two very tough games. They need to at least start 1-1.

We need that Houston game. We get that, even if we lose to GB we will be fine. I think we take care of Chicago in week 3.

As someone who literally jumped off the couch and yelled when we drafted Mitchell, don’t write Pierce off just yet. It’s not like he was a bad, he was asked to do a lot of dirty, thankless work and never complained about it. He has a ton of tools and he’s hitting year 3 when most guys make the leap to be a difference maker. Plus Pierce has the speed to actually utilize AR’s arm. It will be a good battle and can see them splitting reps but I don’t think Mitchell supplants Pierce as quickly as some think.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope this isn’t a sign of the secondary and it’s just the offense is that good.

Well, the secondary sucked last year and Ballard refused to address it during the offseason.....so my guess is it's a sign of the secondary.

• Thanks 1