Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What the rest of the show more say?

For some reason it won't take me to twitter this morning. Site won't load. Anyone else have that problem?

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

For some reason it won't take me to twitter this morning. Site won't load. Anyone else have that problem?

"When I tweeted I was told the two sides were progressing towards a contract being done.

They hit a bump, and if they can't get over it that's the reason the deal doesn't happen.

I still think they find a way but it's a waiting game right now. The NFL offseason is wild, things can change in a blink of an eye, which tells you how confident I was yesterday to put that out at all."

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

When I tweeted I was told the two sides were progressing towards a contract being done. They hit a bump, and if they can't get over it that's the reason the deal doesn't happen. I still think they find a way but it's a waiting game right now. The NFL offseason is wild, things can change in a blink of an eye, which tells you how confident I was yesterday to put that out at all

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hopefully we don't let it drag out much longer.

I mean to be honest, I've been on record saying I like our CB room as currently assembled. Definitely wouldn't mind a vet, or even a potential draft pick. So if Sneed doesn't work out I'm not too worried about it.

Sneed would take the room to a different level though.

Another vet will still elevate the room.

As far as vet Safety, I will say it again, there is no hurry as there is way more supply than there is demand. I'm with everyone else though in that I want some resolution sooner rather than later. Ballard will be moving players on and off the roster through the start of the season and after. Never stops.

Outside of that, what else are we looking at now?

Potential vet RB, it's like Safety there will be plenty of options available throughout the offseason.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind throwing out a $7-$8m offer for Chase Young just to keep adding waves of depth.

Just not much else right now that is a big rush. We also only have 17-18 roster spots available.

So:

3-4 FA signings?

7 Draft picks

7-8 UDFA

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I try to screen shot and it’s to big of a file. Not much is left off. Most of the important stuff showed up.

7 minutes ago, lester said:

"When I tweeted I was told the two sides were progressing towards a contract being done.

They hit a bump, and if they can't get over it that's the reason the deal doesn't happen.

I still think they find a way but it's a waiting game right now. The NFL offseason is wild, things can change in a blink of an eye, which tells you how confident I was yesterday to put that out at all."

6 minutes ago, dw49 said:

When I tweeted I was told the two sides were progressing towards a contract being done. They hit a bump, and if they can't get over it that's the reason the deal doesn't happen. I still think they find a way but it's a waiting game right now. The NFL offseason is wild, things can change in a blink of an eye, which tells you how confident I was yesterday to put that out at all

Thanks, I reset my phone and it works again.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So it’s all about the contract not the trade compensation.  I listened to a Colts podcaster yesterday, I don’t remember who there are so many, who stated that all of the Colts resigning and acquisitions have resulted in contracts of no more than three years to coincide with the year of AR’s first new contract.  Don’t know if that’s right though.  Maybe the length of our offer to Sneed is the hangup if they are trying to do the same thing.  I think Ballard is a tough negotiator.  I’m still a believer this isn’t about the value it’s the guaranteed money.

It probably has to do with guaranteed dollars. Colds do not like giving out a ton of money guaranteed. He said this would be most colts have ever given out to a player on the outside.

It's all or nothing with this signing. Ballard has to get it done. We have no no1 CB or S. We've wasted a lot of time trying to sign Sneed already and our cap space is tied up to getting him. I don't care if we overpay a little. Get the deal done. We can always trade down in the draft. We can release Cox or extend Buckner to save money. Things aren't always perfect. Ballard should know his job is on the line and his seat is warm. Quit hurting the team and let Gus Bradley actually be able to have a solid secondary like he wants.

We can't win with the secondary the way it is. Teams always pass all over us even with mediocre to bad QBs. It has to stop. Sign and extend Sneed.

• Like 3

At this point I'd rather have Simmons with either Quinyon Mitchell or Cam Hart in the draft. If the contract is massive and still an issue that tells me that he does not want to come here. He's probably inflating it as much as possible hoping everyone will give up and he can be apart of the 3peat attempt with the chiefs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Apparently sneed has to come to Indy for a physical and put pen to paper and it all sent to the league before it is official.

39 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So he hasn’t come to Indy to pass his physical and put pen to paper like you claimed.  

6 minutes ago, KB said:

If the contract is massive and still an issue that tells me that he does not want to come here

He does want to stay in KC but will take the money elsewhere if someone wants to give him enough.

8 minutes ago, KB said:

At this point I'd rather have Simmons with either Quinyon Mitchell or Cam Hart in the draft. If the contract is massive and still an issue that tells me that he does not want to come here. He's probably inflating it as much as possible hoping everyone will give up and he can be apart of the 3peat attempt with the chiefs.

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I never said that is what was happening. You really need to learn to read.  I was talking about what final details could mean. Never said it was happening. Getting to the point you’re going to go on my ignore list.

You did say it, as I quoted again.  Oh darn what shall I ever do…

BTW if this doesn’t happen and Holder was right, and since Destin has started back peddling not looking like Holder was wrong, do you and Destin need to delete your twitters like you said Holder might have to do?

you did what you always do took random no bodies on twitter, minus Destin, posted them here and acted as their word was infallible because it’s what you wanted to hear.  Then when more credible sources said we aren’t hearing it being this way you made fun of them and dismissed them because it’s not what you want to hear.

My point has and always will be cast serious doubt on the twitter no bodies until there is real news reported by a real news person and “almost done” doesn’t count.  That just gets people all worked up, as we saw yesterday, for nothing and hurts the creditability of the person who reported if it doesn’t happen.   

Also for the record if you want to put me on ignore knock yourself out that’s what it is for.  However, I’ve defended you when I think you are right, including earlier in this thread.  So I think I’ve been more than fair to you but if you feel otherwise oh well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KB said:

possible. But he’s taking a major risk in doing that. Both in them not three peating, and the big one in a major injury. 

most aren’t stupid and take the money. He just happily took a $17k check to big brothers and sisters, so he wants to be a charitable guy. That scales as the income does, so if the opportunity is there to make life changing money, it’s very hard to turn down, regardless where they want to ultimately want to be. KC has made it clear they don’t value him like he wants to be valued there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

We can't win with the secondary the way it is. Teams always pass all over us even with mediocre to bad QBs. It has to stop. Sign and extend Sneed.

I disagree with this sentiment.  We had a bad run with injuries last year at CB, which was already a young, developing group.  But Flowers was looking like a decent #1 when he went down for the year.  Then Brents looked good as the #1 until he got injured and then showed his rookiness when he returned.  And Jones looked quite good around mid-season.  I’d love to add a dominant #1 as much as the next guy, but signing an FA to be that guy is the absolute most expensive way to do that.  And it sounds like Sneed is pricing us out of the market.  We may just have to draft a CB in the first or second and hope that one guy on the team can develop into a solid #1 guy, but it should work out much better than last year!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Archer said:

I disagree with this sentiment.  We had a bad run with injuries last year at CB, which was already a young, developing group.  But Flowers was looking like a decent #1 when he went down for the year.  Then Brents looked good as the #1 until he got injured and then showed his rookiness when he returned.  And Jones looked quite good around mid-season.  I’d love to add a dominant #1 as much as the next guy, but signing an FA to be that guy is the absolute most expensive way to do that.  And it sounds like Sneed is pricing us out of the market.  We may just have to draft a CB in the first or second and hope that one guy on the team can develop into a solid #1 guy, but it should work out much better than last year!

I understand. It's always been this way though. Teams always pass all over us. I get the injuries, but even so we would be depending on a young group without anyone proven to go into the year next season if we don't sign Sneed. You have an almost guaranteed chance to get a Zone CB that fits our scheme, and we should do it. It costs money and mediocre draft capital. Basically, a version of DeForest Buckner. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I understand. It's always been this way though. Teams always pass all over us. I get the injuries, but even so we would be depending on a young group without anyone proven to go into the year next season if we don't sign Sneed. You have an almost guaranteed chance to get a Zone CB that fits our scheme, and we should do it. It costs money and mediocre draft capital. Basically, a version of DeForest Buckner. 

I agree- the secondary needs help, and if they don’t get Sneed, they will still need to address the corner position (it’s not unlikely that flowers or Brents gets injured) and especially need to improve the safety position. 

I don’t disagree with the opportunity to add a good corner in the draft but that is potentially missing out on a stud pass catcher that would be extremely helpful on the offensive side of the ball, which has yet to be touched this offseason aside from the obvious Pittman re-signing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I agree- the secondary needs help, and if they don’t get Sneed, they will still need to address the corner position (it’s not unlikely that flowers or Brents gets injured) and especially need to improve the safety position. 

I don’t disagree with the opportunity to add a good corner in the draft but that is potentially missing out on a stud pass catcher that would be extremely helpful on the offensive side of the ball, which has yet to be touched this offseason aside from the obvious Pittman re-signing. 

Brent’s had injury issues in college.  Keeping fingers crossed on him.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ben won’t say who it was. Must be someone who is in the know. But he had a lot of info that turned out right.

Hmm...

What other information did he have that turned out right?

55 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You did say it, as I quoted again.  Oh darn what shall I ever do…

BTW if this doesn’t happen and Holder was right, and since Destin has started back peddling not looking like Holder was wrong, do you and Destin need to delete your twitters like you said Holder might have to do?

you did what you always do took random no bodies on twitter, minus Destin, posted them here and acted as their word was infallible because it’s what you wanted to hear.  Then when more credible sources said we aren’t hearing it being this way you made fun of them and dismissed them because it’s not what you want to hear.

My point has and always will be cast serious doubt on the twitter no bodies until there is real news reported by a real news person and “almost done” doesn’t count.  That just gets people all worked up, as we saw yesterday, for nothing and hurts the creditability of the person who reported if it doesn’t happen.   

Also for the record if you want to put me on ignore knock yourself out that’s what it is for.  However, I’ve defended you when I think you are right, including earlier in this thread.  So I think I’ve been more than fair to you but if you feel otherwise oh well.

Chloe probably quoted some photo that was in rounds in Twitter saying Sneed was in Indy, and she was under impression that he had to pass physical for the trade to be official.

She did say "apparently Sneed had to come to Indy to pass physical and to put pen to paper", later it was clarified that if he had come for physical, trade report would've already been announced, and if he failed physical, the trade would get called off.

Similar failed physical happened in a trade between Vikings and Ravens for NT Michael Pierce few years ago, everyone including Tom Pelissero announced the trade, then it got cancelled.

Anyway, there are no such injury concerns for Sneed.

In fact, Vikings have picked up FA Andre Van Ginkel, who was placed on IR early January this year. That didn't stop from Vikings signing going official, and he probably passed physical or they have a plan for rehab in place.

Chloe was worried too much about Sneed failing physical, as everyone was under the impression that the trade was close to be done deal, at that time yesterday morning. 

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

Who was it?

I almost posted a GIF of the the group "Pretty Ricky"

A random Twitter account, supposedly insider for Chiefs, or Chiefs fan who Destin Adams was quoting and asking details  about the progress of the talks with Colts.

I saw that account yesterday morning, then during the day that account got deleted.

• Like 1

Well, Jake Martin won't be back.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bears-agree-to-terms-with-de-jake-martin-on-one-year-deal

Bears agree to terms with DE Jake Martin on one-year deal

...Martin, 28, appeared in all 17 games with the Colts last season, playing 16 percent of the team’s snaps on defense and 25 percent on special teams.

He totaled seven tackles and two sacks in 2023...

5 minutes ago, AKB said:

still no news? I woke up today and thought.. hmm, we might have Sneed news. NOPE

Do Something Waiting GIF by Travis

IDK. I only saw the ones on sneed. I just know people were saying he was accurate on a lot.

"Who? Like what people had said what?"

Sorry, Bill Burr quote, just saw him in Gainbridge last weekend, fit the response parameters. Lol.

It is strange to delete the account though(if I remember correctly it was like chiefszone15 or something?)

I think it is pretty obvious we reached deep stages of negotiations with Sneed.

Did they hit an impasse?

Can the impasse be overcome?

Idk, but hurry up and figure it out.

Hurry Up Push GIF