Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yup. Even the JT contract, lots of speculation, but nobody had the inside track on that. It went from complete stalemate, to weird JT press conference, to new contract, basically overnight. 

At this point, I think the Colts looked into it, didn't like the price, and moved on. And it's in Sneed's best interest for his reps to keep protesting the Colts as still being in the mix. I obviously don't know anything, but that's how I see it. 

I'm beginning to lean this way too. The way it's dragging out and with noone having anything concrete one way or the other makes me believe it's his agent keeping this alive and noone else.

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Youre not the first Colts fan to proclaim their hate for the Steelers.   2006CBE is another.   

I just don’t know why?   I always thought of them as a classy well run organization.  What am I not understanding from a Colts perspective?    

Steelers beat us more often than not that is where the hate comes from

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twfish said:

Ehhh idk, Holder never breaks anything or gives out any information worth while. When he does comment on things it’s usually after everything has already came out. No a huge Holder fan.

I am not either but he’s looking right on this so far.  Still didn’t care for his unsolicited opinion he threw out there when he was reporting “news”

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I hate the Steelers as well.   My hate rank all time. 

Patriots

Steelers 

Chargers

Any afc south team

What did they give up?  

Paying Russ the minimum. And giving up conditional 6th that could turn into a 4th for Fields. 

1 minute ago, twfish said:

With the length of this thread all the other resigns and signing shouldn’t have been merged into this thread

It would help if people stopped posting EVERY free agent signing or trade even if not Colts related in this thread.  It is what it is though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He doesn’t. He was being used.

What does it mean that someone is being used (in this case)? Serious question. I don't know what that means.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not either but he’s looking right on this so far.  Still didn’t care for his unsolicited opinion he threw out there when he was reporting “news”

To the highlighted part here…. Why I had to unfollow him. Funny because I did like him back in the early 2010’s but almost everything he post he has to throw something in with it and it’s usually in a snarky manner 

Just now, NFLfan said:

What does it mean that someone is being used (in this case)? Serious question. I don't know what that means.

Someone else tweeted earlier today that Holder was being used by the Colts because the deal was completely finished yet and Chloe is taking that as fact.

Just now, twfish said:

To the highlighted part here…. Why I had to unfollow him. Funny because I did like him back in the early 2010’s but almost everything he post he has to throw something in with it and it’s usually in a snarky manner 

I go to chap for my local Colts news.  He’s not always the fastest but he always right and doesn’t throw in his two cents or on the rare occasion he does he makes it beyond clear it just his two cents.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Someone else tweeted earlier today that Holder was being used by the Colts because the deal was completely finished yet and Chloe is taking that as fact.

But what is meant by that? That the Colts were using Holder as an intermediary to send a message?

I go to chap for my local Colts news.  He’s not always the fastest but he always right and doesn’t throw in his two cents or on the rare occasion he does he makes it beyond clear it just his two cents.  

It is better to be right than to be first.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

It is better to be right than to be first.

Yep and Chap knows that,  there’s a reason he’s lasted since the team got here covering the franchise.  I think that might be what Destin, who by the way I like learns from this, make sure you have things completely nailed down and have the full story confirmed before reporting it, if Destin is wrong.  I am not saying he is but as of now, 8:42 on a Saturday night, he hasn’t been proven right.

10 minutes ago, twfish said:

With the length of this thread all the other resigns and signing shouldn’t have been merged into this thread

There was only 1 signing thread merged into this thread. It was the Grover thread and it didn't have a single reply in it for an hour because all of the talk was in here.

Everything else was just posted in here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yep and Chap knows that,  there’s a reason he’s lasted since the team got here covering the franchise.  I think that might be what Destin, who by the way I like learns from this, make sure you have things completely nailed down and have the full story confirmed before reporting it, if Destin is wrong.  I am not saying he is but as of now, 8:42 on a Saturday night, he hasn’t been proven right.

Perhaps no one is wrong. Perhaps the deal will happen but it is not finalized. It may take a little more time. Maybe everyone will hear something tomorrow.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Perhaps no one is wrong. Perhaps the deal will happen but it is not finalized. It may take a little more time. Maybe everyone will hear something tomorrow.

Could be.  That’s why I am not saying for a fact Destin is wrong or Holder is right,  we don’t know

7 minutes ago, Moe said:

That’s one heck of a deal, I’m jealous thinking back to the Carson Wentz trade!

Hell, Darnold was traded for 2nd, 4th and 6th... How the hell does Fields not get you at least one day 2. Picket got better return... Sam freaking Howell got better pick. HOW? :dunno:

• Like 3

Just now, stitches said:

Hell, Darnold was traded for 2nd, 4th and 6th... How the hell does Fields not get you at least one day 2. Picket got better return... Sam freaking Howell got better pick. HOW? :dunno:

No leverage and limited openings that filled up quickly. Everyone knew they had to move him.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Apparently sneed has to come to Indy for a physical and put pen to paper and it all sent to the league before it is official.

Thought we saw a grainy picture of him at the cheesecake factory

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Apparently sneed has to come to Indy for a physical and put pen to paper and it all sent to the league before it is official.

Can’t put pen to paper until the trade is done first other wise the Colts are giving him an offer sheet and KC has the choice to match or the Colts lose two first round picks if not.  Yes the trade can be agreed too but in order to complete the contract you have to file the trade paperwork with the league first.

• Like 1

Can’t put pen to paper until the trade is done first other wise the Colts are giving him an offer sheet and KC has the choice to match or the Colts lose two first round picks if not.  Yes the trade can be agreed too but in order to complete the contract you have to file the trade paperwork with the league first.

You realize he has to pass a physical before a trade is official.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You realize that I said nothing about the physical in my post and simply pointed out they can’t have him put pin to paper until the trade is done.

However since you brought up physicals those too are completed after trades are done and trades are pending physicals and voided if players fail the physical.  So the trade has to come first and once that’s done everything will come out but they will try to time it so the physical and contract are completed very shortly there after so they can announce everything at once like with Buckner.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Literally all of those signings and trades are conditional on the player passing a physical(including the deals the Colts have signed already). This usually doesn't stop a trade being announced if it is indeed done. My guess at this point is - it's not done and likely not going to get done at all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because once again you missed the point of me saying he didn’t confirm EVERYTHING which includes the contact.  That’s what you do when you break major story like this.  

When everything is confirmed, national reporters like Rapoport / Schefter / Pelissero / Breer / Garofolo would take over.

The kind of the attraction beat reporters get is specific inside updates and general updates like this on what they hear as going with the team.

You're saying Destin could confirm everything before he posts, if he does that he'll lose most of the updates... Being wrong is part of what he does. No love lost if he goes wrong, and he makes it clear he'll own it if it ends up as incorrect information. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Absolutely.

How about this one:

They’ve only had 14 losing seasons TOTAL since 1964.

They’ve only had 3 losing seasons my entire lifetime so far, the last ones being 2003.

Your comments here are just as good — maybe even better than mine — and I thought mine was pretty darn good!   Thats just amazing!!   

• Thanks 1

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

When everything is confirmed, national reporters like Rapoport / Schefter / Pelissero / Breer / Garofolo would take over.

The kind of the attraction beat reporters get is specific inside updates and general updates like this on what they hear as going with the team.

You're saying Destin could confirm everything before he posts, if he does that he'll lose most of the updates... Being wrong is part of what he does. No love lost if he goes wrong, and he makes it clear he'll own it if it ends up as incorrect information. 

Not really people are who are wrong are not trusted going forward by most.