Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Season, 17th game, Saturday, Jan. 6th, 2024

NFLfan

Texans @ Colts  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will JT break 100 yards rushing?

2. 2. Will the Colts defense hold CJ Stroud to 2 or fewer TDs passed?

3. 3. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Texans
    • Game will end in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2024 at 01:30 AM

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

End of the day we can all agree we lack talent. That’s Chris Ballards responsibility and he failed 

We had the talent to put us in a "win & in" situation at home, but we never led at any point in this game - that's more on coaching than it is on personnel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

We had the talent to put us in a "win & in" situation at home, but we never led at any point in this game - that's more on coaching than it is on personnel.

Coach sucked today. But he doesn’t have much to work with and we had an easy schedule. Overachieved with this roster 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

I’m not wrong. We lack talent 

We lack experience as much as talent.   This season was supposed to be very different.   We went as far as we did because Steichen (the coach everyone is complaining about) over achieved with a backup quarterback for about 75-80 percent of the season.   

We come up just short tonight and now people are complaining about Steichen and Ballard.   It’s beyond silly.  

This season has been a raging success.   I hope others will realize that once they have a chance to cool off.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Far cry from what you said earlier.

Really? What did I say earlier? That it was under thrown and the pass hit the receiver just on the fingertips. My opinion has not changed. Not sure where you say I was a “far cry” on what I said before lol 

• Like 1

Coach sucked today. But he doesn’t have much to work with and we had an easy schedule. Overachieved with this roster 

Offense was nearly non-existent, and Bradley plays too soft against most QBs but defense did enough to win, and we would've if offense could've scored a touchdown and simply kicked an XP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Really? What did I say earlier? That it was under thrown and the pass hit the receiver just on the fingertips. My opinion has not changed. Not sure where you say I was a “far cry” on what I said before lol 

18 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Hands no…fingertips yes. I don’t think most anyone would have caught it as it was under thrown 

Most anyone wouldn’t have caught it? Odd way to characterize a drop

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Most anyone wouldn’t have caught it? Odd way to characterize a drop

You must be a politician..you know omitting words to make your statement valid.

i said if the ball had been thrown harder with more zip and another 1-2 feet I believe it would have been a catch. 

this isn’t hard to understand. Ball under thrown almost NO ONE would catch it…maybe stretch Armstrong perhaps. 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

You must be a politician..you know omitting words to make your statement valid.

i said if the ball had been thrown harder with more zip and another 1-2 feet I believe it would have been a catch. 

And if my grandmother had wheels she would’ve been a Buick.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I do hope this is your attempt at humor?  

Otherwise….    ?????   

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

9 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

And again in my opinion it was under thrown. Had that ball been just another 1 foot or 2 further (more heat on the pass) it would have been a catch IMO

No need to zip it, nobody was around Goodson but the ball did hit him in both hands.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We lack experience as much as talent.   This season was supposed to be very different.   We went as far as we did because Steichen (the coach everyone is complaining about) over achieved with a backup quarterback for about 75-80 percent of the season.   

We come up just short tonight and now people are complaining about Steichen and Ballard.   It’s beyond silly.  

This season has been a raging success.   I hope others will realize that once they have a chance to cool off.  

We did overachieve and I’m mostly complaining about Ballard because it’s warranted. He knew about the secondary being bad and didn’t address it. We had to kick 3 players off the team for disciplinary issues. Still need to find a pass rusher.

13 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Its on now turn it on channel 101

Ok guys, I'm the neutral judge presiding over this confusion today .. and this is the final verdict :)

If coach is gonna call that Play on 4th & 1 with the whole season and playoffs on the line literally like that, they should've practiced better ..

Goodson runs out of the backfield like a cannon, and Minshew throws him behind.

It shows the lack of practice and communication on where QB was gonna throw and where the RB was gonna expecting it.

Coach Steichen has to bear the blame for the play and the use of personnel, and has to have the team be better prepared for such crucial plays with thorough practice and execution.

The Court dismissed. :goodluck:

We did overachieve and I’m mostly complaining about Ballard because it’s warranted. He know about the secondary being bad and didn’t address it. We had to kick 3 players off the team for disciplinary issues. Still need to find a pass rusher.

Ballard has been lackluster here. I wished we would have moved on last year myself.

• Like 1

My gosh, Ballard has an above average qb 2 times in his 8 seasons here, 2018(Luck), and 2020(Rivers) and Rivers was very limited. We had winning seasons in 2018, 2020, 2021, and 2023. In 2022 Irsay stepped in so we could lose a % pile of games so we wouldn't have to give up a lot of draft capital to get to the top 4 to draft Richardson. In retrospect that was a brilliant move(and Ballard probably was on board with it). Look at it this way, we could have the steeler gm, do any of you have any idea how bad that steeler roster is???? I'll stick with Ballard next year and beyond!

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Well, what a disappointing play to an otherwise up and down season. Glad we all got hang out here. Just a disheartening way to end it. Colts had the opportunity and just fell short.

Yup.  I can only imagine that game with AR.  I think we would have won. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

I for one am glad it's over tonite - it would be alot more stressful to have to rely on the results of  tomorrow's games, only to be disappointed then.

Had the Colts won, tomorrow's games would not have mattered. They would have been in the post-season.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Had the Colts won, tomorrow's games would not have mattered. They would have been in the post-season.

I know, and I prefer it that way - the Steelers won tonight but must still hope certain games tomorrow go their way or they're eliminated anyway.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Did you really have to respond to me with such class? C’mon put up your dukes :catfight:

I’m just saying that when you start to bash our fan base, some of us, take it personal I’ve been a fan of the Colts for a lot longer than you and has invested quite a bit of money and going to several games a year and time and watching them on TV so it sucks to see them lose in such a manner. It is super frustrating and the Coach is to blame for a majority of it as is Minshew he sucked tonight

I hear you. Fans need to let other fans vent. Losing is frustrating and disappointing. Some need to vent.

I'm sorry about the loss. I was rooting for all of you.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

There may be good reason.   Let’s hear what Shane says in the post-game.  

@tweezy32

@HOZER

@OLD FAN MAN

So I suggest let’s hear what Steichen has to say about his most controversial call of the season….  And all three of you laugh.    You LAUGHED!  

You weren't even interested in his explanation. 

So when I say this franchise deserves a better fan base, guess who I’m thinking of?   Hmmm?      HMMMM?!?!?!? 

Thanks for outing yourselves.    :facepalm:

37 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I hear you. Fans need to let other fans vent. Losing is frustrating and disappointing. Some need to vent.

I'm sorry about the loss. I was rooting for all of you.

And thanks for letting me do so, a lot of emotion walking out of that stadium and I was definitely chippy. I’m off the ledge now……although I still think Steichen cute plays and terrible calls along with poor play from Minshew doomed us. Keep telling myself it’s his first year and he needs more weapons, give him a break…….guess we’ll see:dunno:

On the bright side I can now 100% focus on moving!!!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

@tweezy32

@HOZER

@OLD FAN MAN

So I suggest let’s hear what Steichen has to say about his most controversial call of the season….  And all three of you laugh.    You LAUGHED!  

So when I say this franchise deserves a better fan base, guess who I’m thinking of?   Hmmm?      HMMMM?!?!?!? 

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

@tweezy32

@HOZER

@OLD FAN MAN

Here you go again with your nonsense, give it a break. I watched enough of his presser to see him say exactly what I thought he would say….oh ho hum, the game of football is just that way sometimes, blah blah blah, so proud of our guys, blah blah….sounded like Reich all over again. Nothing he said other than admitting that he made some terrible(and cute) calls that cost us the game would have made a difference to me. I was there, I saw it first hand, it was ridiculous. Yes we overachieved and I’m happy we did, but only for it to end like this, gross. Better luck next year. 

I GUARANTEE you I have been and forever will be a loyal fan  of this team regardless of who is at the helm, you’ll probably eventually leave when you fall in love with another player(like you did with Luck). Then go judge that players fan base with your holier than though mindset.

Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Here you go again with your nonsense, give it a break. I watched enough of his presser to see him say exactly what I thought he would say….oh ho hum, the game of football is just that way sometimes, blah blah blah, so proud of our guys, blah blah….sounded like Reich all over again. Nothing he said other than admitting that he made some terrible(and cute) calls that cost us the game would have made a difference to me. I was there, I saw it first hand, it was ridiculous. Yes we overachieved and I’m happy we did, but only for it to end like this, gross. Better luck next year. 

I GUARANTEE you I have been and forever will be a loyal fan  of this team regardless of who is at the helm, you’ll probably eventually leave when you fall in love with another player(like you did with Luck). Then go judge that players fan base with your holier than though mindset.

Good grief.

The player I like now….    You might have heard of him.  

Does the name Anthony Richardson sound familiar?   

As for the Steichen press conference….  Your laughing reaction was in real time to my post, which was long before the Steichen presser.   The very idea of giving the head coach a chance to explain himself was amusing to you.   No wonder this is how you responded to it.   I’m always amazed by fans who believe they’re smarter than the head coach or the general manager.    But some here do. 

Good grief indeed. 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The player I like now….    You might have heard of him.  

Does the name Anthony Richardson sound familiar?   

As for the Steichen press conference….  Your laughing reaction was in real time to my post, which was long before the Steichen presser.   The very idea of giving the head coach a chance to explain himself was amusing to you.   No wonder this is how you responded to it.   I’m always amazed by fans who believe they’re smarter than the head coach or the general manager.    But some here do. 

Good grief indeed. 

Great, we get to continue to read your drivel…excellent. Glad you’re a fan of him, the jury’s still out for me, great guy, his play and longevity is yet to be determined.

So in your perfect world everyone on a forum would be happy with every decision the coach and GM make and everyone would just say awe shucks, we’ll get them next time? What a boring place this would be…..

Again, I laughed because I already knew what he was going to say, and I also know what I saw in front of me today, it was pretty self explanatory to me and the thousands of fans I was with at the game….you know, the thousands of fans who spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars supporting this team regardless of their performance, shoot our taxes even helped fund the beautiful stadium they play in, but no, how dare we be critical about any aspect of their performance, they deserve a better fan base, you’re right. 

8445a154f7fa33e6b0d97feda0caaf5e.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

“Steichen PURPOSELY made the season come down on one play” ?!?!?!? 

What the Hell?!?  

Among your many conspiracy theories, this is an ALL-TIMER for you.   

Dear God….      :facepalm:

No, it wasn't a conspiracy theory..... at least I don't think so. But the results were par for the course for this franchise......weren't they?

But if you want to go the conspiracy route(which I wasn't) at the end of the day, the colts are out AND the Steelers are in......again...and again....and again and so on. 

But, What I meant was he wanted and tried to make that last possession last every bit of about the 7 minutes it started with. He felt he needed to score a TD and kick the extra point with as few seconds left on the clock as possible so Bradley's pass defense wouldn't blow the 1 point lead.....and I didn't blame him for that. 

But what I questioned was the play calls and not throwing a bit more on early downs to take advantage of the defensive bias the Texans were playing against the run. AND I sincerely question with the season on the line throwing to a practice squad player. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Reviews it 503949292 times. Hit him in both hands.

It was a horrendous use of personnel.  He never should have been on the field.  If you are going to run that play pass it to one of your playmakers.  Not an ice cold player who won’t even be on the team next year.  Yet Taylor’s on the sideline averaging 6 yards a carry. Inexcusable!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It was a horrendous use of personnel.  He never should have been on the field.  If you are going to run that play pass it to one of your playmakers.  Not an ice cold player who won’t even be on the team next year.  Yet Taylor’s on the sideline averaging 6 yards a carry. Inexcusable!

I’ll agree it should’ve gone to a better player.

However, JT had hand surgery not that long ago, maybe they didn’t trust his ability to catch in that scenario, though I know he had multiple receptions that game so who knows.

I also see why they did it. It was unexpected. Had it worked it would’ve been hailed as brilliant and could’ve started Goodsen to being a known player. Still, game on the line, go with your ballers.

• Like 3