Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts at Falcons plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

could it be because of the suspensions ? betters might think something is going on in the colts locker room

Their last 5 losses were close games, 2 to 5 points.  Maybe the points the Falcons were getting were too tantalizing for a lot of gamblers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Their last 5 losses were close games, 2 to 5 points.  Maybe the points the Falcons were getting were too tantalizing for a lot of gamblers.

That is a frustrating season losing that many games like that. They could easily be something like 8-6 like us. In 2022, we lost 3 games by 1 point, that has to be some sort of record.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of people must be betting on the Falcons, that is what moves the needle. I am trying to figure out why?

Exactly this.  There is a lot of juice coming in on Atlanta for some reason.  All Vegas cares about is getting people to bet.  If too much juice is coming in on Atlanta they will move the line to stimulate bets on Indy.  It’s how Vegas wins no matter what. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ArmchairQB said:

Exactly this.  There is a lot of juice coming in on Atlanta for some reason.  All Vegas cares about is getting people to bet.  If too much juice is coming in on Atlanta they will move the line to stimulate bets on Indy.  It’s how Vegas wins no matter what. 

Yep. The line will probably stay at around 2 is my guess with it going into Friday. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. The line will probably stay at around 2 is my guess with it going into Friday. 

Yea,  the only reason I can think is the combination of our recent kicking problems combined with Matt Gay being on injury report for his kicking hip combined with Atlantas penchant to keep games close.  Seems like they think there’s a chance we lose on a missed field goal or goals.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

Yea,  the only reason I can think is the combination of our recent kicking problems combined with Matt Gay being on injury report for his kicking hip combined with Atlantas penchant to keep games close.  Seems like they think there’s a chance we lose on a missed field goal or goals.  

8 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This line movement has resembled the Bengals matchup with the amount of movement it has had this week. Any given Sunday, we have to pull off the upset!

Good points...

But I find it hard to believe, the just revealed injury to our kicker (which apparently does not warrant him missing the game), would trigger a complete reversal of 5 points 

...and this weeks line swing is very similar to what happened at Cincinnati. Unfortunately, with that game. then we came out and stunk.

I do find the Colts at Falcons game strange, when compared to several other games.

Paying attention to these teams records, and who is playing at home:

Bengals 8-6 @ Steelers 7-7 (+3)

Browns 9-5 @ Texans 8-6 (+3)

Lions 10-4 @ Vikings 7-7 (+3)

Seahawks 7-7 @ Titans 5-9 (+3.5)

Colts 8-6 @ Falcons 6-8 (-2.5)

18 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It’s things like this that makes me wonder about betting and the integrity of the NFL… what do they know? And why do they know it? Because they know the outcome already? 

What about all the games where the favorite doesn't cover the spread?

19 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It’s things like this that makes me wonder about betting and the integrity of the NFL… what do they know? And why do they know it? Because they know the outcome already? 

That point spread still has me puzzled as well. I pointed to, just more people are putting money on Atlanta - that is how it works usually, but I have been hearing different things on that. There are several betting web sites where a lot of people are putting their money on Indy actually.

We have the better team, better QB, better Coach, Taylor and Pittman are both playing, and we have won 5 out of 6 games. Just as a non-biased observer because I get nothing out of Indy being favored, I would think Indy would be favored by at least 3. The home team always gets 3. I think we win by at least a FG. They must know something I don't know, because I do find the Falcons being favored by 2.5 strange. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superman said:

What about all the games where the favorite doesn't cover the spread?

I’d like to see the numbers before I questioned the overall integrity of the league. Do I think it’s possible that an occasional game is influenced by gambling? Absolutely. But I don’t think Vegas nails as often as it seems or that people make it out to. 

24 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

How often does that happen? Legit question, as previously stated I’m not a gambler… 

I'm not a gambler either, but most info I see suggests that favorites are under .500 against the spread. So the favorite covers the spread less than half the time.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looks like Pittman hurt his shoulder in practice.

We got nearly everybody back for the stretch run.  Pittman, JT, JuJu, Grover, Franklin.  Everybody but Moss (understandable) and Smith (not understandable).  What the heck is wrong with Smith?  Seems like every week it's just a continuation of whatever it was before, with very little to say on improvement or not.  It's like he's fallen through a hole in the earth.  Certainly glad we drafted Freeland.  And that he's played as well as he has.  It would have been a nightmare without him.

7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

We got nearly everybody back for the stretch run.  Pittman, JT, JuJu, Grover, Franklin.  Everybody but Moss (understandable) and Smith (not understandable).  What the heck is wrong with Smith?  Seems like every week it's just a continuation of whatever it was before, with very little to say on improvement or not.  It's like he's fallen through a hole in the earth.  Certainly glad we drafted Freeland.  And that he's played as well as he has.  It would have been a nightmare without him.

It happens. Every player plays long enough they are going to have a year of injuries. Just not his year. Freeland has played 9 games and smith 8.

• Like 1