Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts at Falcons plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

11 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I think it was the game both Pierce and Pittman were over 100 yards, or near it.  Was that vs. Tennessee?

Could have been. Maybe one other time against the Saints. I just remember telling my daughter that that was what play action was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pittman was practicing in full when and was cleared when that line changed.

And yet he isn’t playing is he? 

and yet the line moved another half point when it was announced he wasn’t playing. 

the speculation across the league is that the big bettors that influence the spreads have inside information on situations that would impact the game, hence the spread shifting to where they are betting. 

everyone on this forum was scratching their head why it would shift that much… until now

even without inside information, they can hammer a bet with the understanding that even Pittman plays, he’s liable to be on a major pitch count and not effective. There is no doubt that his absence would influence bettors against the colts. 

• Like 1

Pittman mentioned yesterday that he had a hurdle fo get over before he could play. It wasn’t clearing the protocol otherwise he wouldn’t have talked to media. I wonder if they thought he had to get through the plane ride and pressure first.

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

And yet he isn’t playing is he? 

and yet the line moved another half point when it was announced he wasn’t playing. 

the speculation across the league is that the big bettors that influence the spreads have inside information on situations that would impact the game, hence the spread shifting to where they are betting. 

everyone on this forum was scratching their head why it would shift that much… until now

Nobody had inside info lol

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pittman mentioned yesterday that he had a hurdle fo get over before he could play. It wasn’t clearing the protocol otherwise he wouldn’t have talked to media. I wonder if they thought he had to get through the plane ride and pressure first.

report said he reported symptoms in Atlanta after traveling. 

10 minutes ago, Moe said:

DraftKings still has 75% of the bets on the Colts. I still think the Colts easily win this one even with Michael Pittman out.

I don’t put weight into gambling. I don’t care what the general public is betting on, I don’t care what the pro bettors are gambling on (even though they are probably the most reputable, even though they do miss, just better at hedging bets and profiting) and I especially don’t care what analysts think, who are seemingly wrong as much as they are right. 

At the end of the day, the players play and decide outcomes (except for when the refs do in a close game.) 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think spreading the ball around more is going to help the colts. I could be wrong we will see.

I thought that after Pittman went down, it opened up a lot. We targeted tight ends some and connected on some big plays to Mo. Pittman is clearly the go-to and sometimes it feels like minshew is looking to force that, instead of letting Shane’s play design open up. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don’t put weight into gambling. I don’t care what the general public is betting on, I don’t care what the pro bettors are gambling on (even though they are probably the most reputable, even though they do miss, just better at hedging bets and profiting) and I especially don’t care what analysts think, who are seemingly wrong as much as they are right. 

At the end of the day, the players play and decide outcomes (except for when the refs do in a close game.) 

With that said, who do you predict to win the game? I can’t see Atlantis offens putting up enough points to beat the Colts just my two cents. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Moe said:

With that said, who do you predict to win the game? I can’t see Atlantis offens putting up enough points to beat the Colts just my two cents. 

I think we win, 24-17. I believe we caught Cincinnati on the worst day possible, otherwise we would be on a heck of a win streak and possibly rolling to a division title. 

I like our chances of getting a good start, spreading the ball around and I think we force some turnovers on defense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

No shot we win tomorrow without Pittman.

Huh? 

The Colts beat Pittsburgh last week when they didn’t have Pittman for roughly the last 2.5 quarters.   And when he went out, the game was close.   

Im not predicting a win tomorrow, I’m only saying the Colts should still be competitive tomorrow as they were last week without Pitt. 

So I think saying no chance is not supported by very recent history.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh? 

The Colts beat Pittsburgh last week when they didn’t have Pittman for roughly the last 2.5 quarters.   And when he went out, the game was close.   

Im not predicting a win tomorrow, I’m only saying the Colts should still be competitive tomorrow as they were last week without Pitt. 

So I think saying no chance is not supported by very recent history.  

I hope you’re right.