Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AQM suspended for 6 games for PED use.

stitches

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Who in colts facility is slipping stuff into these guys supplements.

What?

No…

Its an included ingredient within the supplements, not being added by some nefarious individual walking around trying to sabotage us. 

If there was some shady individual walking around slipping stuff to guys like some date rapist why would they pick AQM of all people?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

What?

No…

Its an included ingredient within the supplements, not being added by some nefarious individual walking around trying to sabotage us. 

If there was some shady individual walking around slipping stuff to guys like some date rapist why would they pick AQM of all people?

It was a joke.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This is ridiculous. If players just check with the lead before they take any kind of substance, this wouldn’t happen.

While I agree, there’s so many supplements out there with a banned stuff or even stuff that acts as a masking agent even if they’re not taking anything else, that I don’t always find fault in the players on it. Just depends on the player and what they tested for. 

heck, there’s even energy drinks sold at gas stations and grocery stores right here in Indiana that will make you pop hot on a drug test for certain drugs, including steroids. And the labels usually aren’t clear and listed as some generic name that only a pharmacist would understand 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

While I agree, there’s so many supplements out there with a banned stuff or even stuff that acts as a masking agent even if they’re not taking anything else, that I don’t always find fault in the players on it. Just depends on the player and what they tested for. 

heck, there’s even energy drinks sold at gas stations and grocery stores right here in Indiana that will make you pop hot on a drug test for certain drugs, including steroids. And the labels usually aren’t clear and listed as some generic name that only a pharmacist would understand 

Something I read when Grover got popped said the NFL's lead doctor advises players to avoid all supplements, bottom line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

Something I read when Grover got popped said the NFL's lead doctor advises players to avoid all supplements, bottom line. 

I think that is very sound advice and should be followed. 
but that’s exactly why they’re saying to avoid all. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I think that is very sound advice and should be followed. 
but that’s exactly why they’re saying to avoid all. 

But...

I was reading on this subject last year, and players said many medical supplements cannot be taken as there are substances that would show positive on NFL drug test.

You never know when you are longing for a cure for pain in your shoulder or groin and you just want to play through next few games, and you'd just want to be healed soon. And, you end up taking something on a whim, and later get to know that it contains a substance that's banned. 

While they always have to get it checked with their team doctors before taking any supplements or medications strictly and ideally (for their own good to not to get banned), it's not as easy and straightforward as "never take any supplements". 

26 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

But...

I was reading on this subject last year, and players said many medical supplements cannot be taken as there are substances that would show positive on NFL drug test.

You never know when you are longing for a cure for pain in your shoulder or groin and you just want to play through next few games, and you'd just want to be healed soon. And, you end up taking something on a whim, and later get to know that it contains a substance that's banned. 

While they always have to get it checked with their team doctors before taking any supplements or medications strictly and ideally (for their own good to not to get banned), it's not as easy and straightforward as "never take any supplements". 

Very true . 

18 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

But...

I agree there was a track star that tested positive  for peds for eating steak with growth hormones  in it.