Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

Do you guys think colts can go 5-2 last seven games. If so they have chance. Mayfield and stroud will be the two toughest challenges these last 7. If they can go 5-2 I think they make it. But I could also see it going the other way and only get 3 or 4 wins. 5-2 would be 10-7. If they just win the AFC games left I think they will make it. 

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you guys think colts can go 5-2 last seven games. If so they have chance. Mayfield and stroud will be the two toughest challenges these last 7. If they can go 5-2 I think they make it. But I could also see it going the other way and only get 3 or 4 wins. 5-2 would be 10-7. If they just win the AFC games left I think they will make it. 

It's a race to 10 wins to get to the post-season.  If we want to get to 10 wins, then we will need to get back to our 2021 style of play, run the ball and have some timely passing, and win the TO battle.  No crime in using two back sets (JT and Moss) and even rolling G-Min out and throwing to the backs.  Eat up some clock on drives to take pressure off the D.  I agree that the toughest offenses we face the rest of the way are the Bucs and the Texans.

I could see a realistic scenario that has us at 9-7 to face the 10-6 Texans in the finale.  A Texans win could give them the South (I'm assuming a sweep over the Jags and they both finish 11-6).  A Colts win gets them in at 10-7 with a sweep over Houston.  They could flex it to the Saturday afternoon or SNF to highlight Stroud and maybe the Colts end up with a "feel good" storyline (rookie QB goes down, overcome Leonard's release, Minshew-Mania 2.0).

All of this is moot if we don't beat the Bucs.   

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Brents

Kelly

Stuard

Still no Grover

Leonard gone

Playing with back up QB

I think we are even, besides they may have the favorite cause we have one win at home.

Lets change this crap.  Go Colts!!

I’m hoping the bye week helped Minshew get his mind right. He has the ability to be a lot better than he has been the last several weeks. I think his accuracy has taken a hit, missing wide open receivers down field that he was making with consistency early on. I think it all has been between the ears, and it started vs the jaguars. Feeling rushed when there isn’t any reason to, not setting himself up with good footwork when throwing passes, causing inaccuracies. The line has done well enough keeping him clean, he just has happy feet and would feel the need to rush around when there’s no one even chasing him. 

here’s hoping the week off helped him reset, and he gets back to his early season calm demeanor. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jets are officially done in the playoff race after today. It’s really looking like Broncos, Colts, Bengals there at 5-5.  Then bills at 6-5. Chargers could get back in but I don’t think so. I think raiders will lose this weekend so hopefully they are done after Sunday.

I can't wait to read your posts tomorrow. They are always entertaining during the game. I hope we blow them out, so we can relax a little :thmup:

25 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I’m hoping the bye week helped Minshew get his mind right. He has the ability to be a lot better than he has been the last several weeks. I think his accuracy has taken a hit, missing wide open receivers down field that he was making with consistency early on. I think it all has been between the ears, and it started vs the jaguars. Feeling rushed when there isn’t any reason to, not setting himself up with good footwork when throwing passes, causing inaccuracies. The line has done well enough keeping him clean, he just has happy feet and would feel the need to rush around when there’s no one even chasing him. 

here’s hoping the week off helped him reset, and he gets back to his early season calm demeanor. 

One thing I have noticed about Mustache by watching him over the last month, which is why he has never been a good starter in the league, = he has below average accuracy on the deep ball. He has pretty good arm strength but his accuracy throwing deep is his downfall. He is accurate 15 yards and in. He is still an average starter and a great backup. Glad we have him. Without him, I doubt we would have won a game after AR went down. Sam stinks, sorry, but he does. We would be sitting at 3-7 talking about next year without Mustache.

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

There is another Colts quarterback who was criticized a lot for his happy feet.  His name:  Peyton Manning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One thing I have noticed about Mustache by watching him over the last month, which is why he has never been a good starter in the league, = he has below average accuracy on the deep ball. He has pretty good arm strength but his accuracy throwing deep is his downfall. He is accurate 15 yards and in. He is still an average starter and a great backup. Glad we have him. Without him, I doubt we would have won a game after AR went down. Sam stinks, sorry, but he does. We would be sitting at 3-7 talking about next year without Mustache.

stache was throwing accurately a decent amount between 20-30 yards

family guy disco GIF

before the jags game where he got mauled. 

peter griffin fox GIF by Family Guy

if he can manage to do that again after the bye week, we are in business for a playoff run. His deep ball past 30 yards is 50/50 if he can just stay calm. 

5 hours ago, w87r said:

Hardly, it's not a conference game.

So loss there doesn't hurt as much.

I know in the long run it doesn’t matter but I just have a gut feeling if they lose they just won’t be able to get enough momentum to get in. If they win on the other hand I think they will get in. Steelers win and they are two behind Steelers with a loss.  It’s all about Mo for me and can the offense be fixed after last two games. We will find out tomorrow. If it looks the same I don’t think there is any hope of it being fixed.

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Over react much?  

Huh. I explained above how if we don’t win I don’t think colts will have enough momentum to get in. Yes 5-6 and losing when if Steelers win they are two games ahead. Or if bengals win they suddenly jump ahead of colts. This is an important game to keep playoffs alive. Why do you always have to be rude. This team is either going to figure things out offensively or keep struggling. Let’s also not forget Bucs have weapons and colds secondary is not great. Their strengths play right into colts weaknesses. Also Bucs strengths with run defense which colts have to run to be successful.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Huh. I explained above how if we don’t win I don’t think colts will have enough momentum to get in. Yes 5-6 and losing when if Steelers win they are two games ahead. Or if bengals win they suddenly jump ahead of colts. This is an important game to keep playoffs alive. Why do you always have to be rude. This team is either going to figure things out offensively or keep struggling. Let’s also not forget Bucs have weapons and colds secondary is not great. Their strengths play right into colts weaknesses. Also Bucs strengths with run defense which colts have to run to be successful.

Yes.   This post is redundant.   It’s the same over reaction you gave another poster.   All fear based.   All worrying based.   All especially ironic as you told us all you were going to worry this season.  

You knew the Colts weren’t going to be very good and therefore you weren’t going to worry about this season.   That last less than half season. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes.   This post is redundant.   It’s the same over reaction you gave another poster.   All fear based.   All worrying based.   All especially ironic as you told us all you were going to worry this season.  

You knew the Colts weren’t going to be very good and therefore you weren’t going to worry about this season.   That last less than half season. 

It wasn’t any kind of reaction. It’s just facts. While yes it’s a nfc game bring 5-6 and possibly two games behind Steelers and Texans the likelihood of playoffs would probably be over. It’s just facts. Where am I worrying. You putting words  in my mouth again. Stating facts does mot equate to worrying. This season has already been a success with who we have lost to injuries and suspensions. If you think that was fear based your just making stuff up to argue.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Definitely not facts.

Yes getting two games behind in the playoff race if we lose is facts they probably won’t make it. If Steelers beat browns and we lose we are two games behind browns and Steelers. Making something up that I was worried is what I was getting ticked about. Nothing in my post indicated I was worried. Absolutely nothing.  This season has already been a success.

13 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yes getting two games behind in the playoff race if we lose is facts they probably won’t make it. If Steelers beat browns and we lose we are two games behind browns and Steelers. Making something up that I was worried is what I was getting ticked about. Nothing in my post indicated I was worried. Absolutely nothing.  This season has already been a success.

Talk to the person that ticked you off. I didn't say you were worried.

I guess I'm just saying, you don't know what the meaning of a fact is...

Bottom line is, if we lose and are 2 games back we are not done. It's not a fact, not even close to being one.

Now that's a fact 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Bottom line is if we lose and are 2 games back we are not done. It's not a fact, not even close to being one.

Now that's a fact 

I think you knew what I meant. It wasn’t in a literal sense. Just like the teams behind us aren’t done either because there are 7 games left. The chances become slimmer with every game and every loss. It’s more about can a win show improvement with this offense or will it be the same as last two weeks. Because no improvement it’s even slimmer.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It wasn’t any kind of reaction. It’s just facts. While yes it’s a nfc game bring 5-6 and possibly two games behind Steelers and Texans the likelihood of playoffs would probably be over. It’s just facts. Where am I worrying. You putting words  in my mouth again. Stating facts does mot equate to worrying. This season has already been a success with who we have lost to injuries and suspensions. If you think that was fear based your just making stuff up to argue.

If you think the season is already a success then I’ve clearly misunderstood you.   

But there were a number of comments you made over several posts that I interpreted as you being upset over what might happen.   I could list them, but if feels pointless now.   So I’m happy to apologize.   Not looking for a fight.   My bad. 

We both can move on.    

11 hours ago, w87r said:

Bottom line is if we lose and are 2 games back we are not done. It's not a fact, not even close to being one.

Now that's a fact 

Bill Paxton Smile GIF by GritTV

On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

6. Texans 6-4, 1-1, 3-2, .461, .475 (Jaguars, Broncos, @Jets, @Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

7. Steelers 6-4, 2-1, 4-3, .569, .500 (@Bengals, Cardinals, Patriots, @Colts, Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

Still in Hunt:

8. Bills 6-5, 2-2, 3-5, .442, .429 (@Eagles, Bye, @Chiefs, Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

9. Colts 5-5, 2-2, 4-3, .495, .392 (Bucs, @Titans, @Bengals, Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

10. Broncos 5-5, 1-2, 2-4, .505, .491 (Browns, @Texans, @Chargers, @Lions, Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

11. Bengals 5-5, 0-3, 1-5, .548, .481 (Steelers, @Jaguars, Colts, Vikings, @Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

Colts ways to be in a playoff spot after today.

Option 1:

Colts win

Steelers and Bills lose

Option 2:

Colts win 

Texans and Bills lose

Option 3:

Colts win

Steelers and Texans lose

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE)