Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay - The Fool!

Smonroe

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not what you think.

Jim just bought Eric Claptons guitar, “Fool”.  He got it at a bargain, $1.27 million.

Makes my used American Strat, $350 about 30 years ago, seem like a steal!

Congrats Jim!

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/eric-clapton-the-fool-gibson-sg-auction-sale

My used Mexico strat with gold lace sensors was $125 in 1997

Just now, RollerColt said:

I hope someday Jim will build a museum for all these instruments. He literally has a mini rock and roll hall of fame going on at his place. 

I would go visit in a heartbeat just to see those guitars!

Me too

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Nice! Those are decent guitars. I used to have one back in college. 

My current everyday work hero guitar is my Gibson Nighthawk. I'm using it for all of my gigs now. 

Thats a great guitar.  I had an SG back in the day.  I could kick myself for selling it.  

@FanFromtheWasteland I also have an older Mexican.  I set it to Nashville tuning.

I have to stop myself though, I could easily have GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) and want to buy more!

…and now, back to the Colts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Not what you think.

Jim just bought Eric Claptons guitar, “Fool”.  He got it at a bargain, $1.27 million.

Congrats Jim!

He narrowly outbid me for it. I'm not happy.

• Like 1

Not what you think.

Congrats Jim!

So you sell your American Strat yet on eBay? :) 

Thats a great guitar.  I had an SG back in the day.  I could kick myself for selling it.  

@FanFromtheWasteland I also have an older Mexican.  I set it to Nashville tuning.

I have to stop myself though, I could easily have GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) and want to buy more!

…and now, back to the Colts!

I still have my SG. Bought it new for $1600 in 2001. Only new guitar I've ever owned

• Like 1

My thoughts is I wish he would build a place for mothers and children that need a place to stay because of trauma or abuse. An idea I had years ago was to take a current 4 story vacant building and the are few setting empty is to have a place that any body needs to sleep or needs medical attention

Floor 1   Receiving, meals, GED program and job placement, There are over 4000 churches in the area so one church gets one shift (ie Tuesday May 24th breakfast

Floor 2  Family sleep

Floor 3 Male sleeping

Floor: 4 Women only sleeping 

Security guards will watch the place and Men have no entry to the other floors and so on

Contractors and people looking for people to work would be downstairs at 9am after breakfast

IPL can heat, cool and provide electricity at no charge 

Just a thought I would so this tomorrow if I had the means  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

My thoughts is I wish he would build a place for mothers and children that need a place to stay because of trauma or abuse. An idea I had years ago was to take a current 4 story vacant building and the are few setting empty is to have a place that any body needs to sleep or needs medical attention

Floor 1   Receiving, meals, GED program and job placement, There are over 4000 churches in the area so one church gets one shift (ie Tuesday May 24th breakfast

Floor 2  Family sleep

Floor 3 Male sleeping

Floor: 4 Women only sleeping 

Security guards will watch the place and Men have no entry to the other floors and so on

Contractors and people looking for people to work would be downstairs at 9am after breakfast

IPL can heat, cool and provide electricity at no charge 

Just a thought I would so this tomorrow if I had the means  

women commit crimes too, not just men

18 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Not what you think.

Congrats Jim!

When I first saw your post I was about to yell at you for calling him a fool! lol  I have been to the 2 collection shows of the Jim Irsay Collection and I just can't get enough!  I hope he opens a museum with everything he has.  And if you haven't seen his band, they are top notch!!  Love Jim Irsay!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nancy said:

When I first saw your post I was about to yell at you for calling him a fool! lol  I have been to the 2 collection shows of the Jim Irsay Collection and I just can't get enough!  I hope he opens a museum with everything he has.  And if you haven't seen his band, they are top notch!!  Love Jim Irsay!

I can confirm, his band is very fun. 

7 hours ago, Nancy said:

Back when Chuck was coaching I had the opportunity to visit the practice facility.  They took me into Jim’s “storage” room.  It had tons of very valuable items that didn’t make the museum.  Some just laying around, like original lyrics handwritten by famous musicians.  Not to mention all the football memorabilia, even from the Baltimore days.

He’s a cool guy, I don’t care what people say about him.  And he’s passionate about winning.   

• Like 2