NFLfan

Colts at Panthers  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Panthers
    • Tie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2023 at 06:15 PM

Just now, Zoltan said:

Thats a poor excuse, its hard to get pressure when you don't do any types of blitz or creative DL play. We just do straight up 4 man rush, which helps the OL.

Add that to soft coverage and thats Bradley's defense

Just now, Zoltan said:

Add that to soft coverage and thats Bradley's defense

Coverage playing with backups to the backups. Defense is keeping us in the game. Offense hasn’t done anything today 

Offense has done next to nothing scoring today. Gus Bradley can’t get no credit today?

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah but that’s how you have to win in the NFL.  Most NFL QBs eat blitzes for breakfast.

You don't have to blitz the most, but you also can't be the team that blitzes the least. Just be somewhere in the middle so they have to respect the threat

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Coverage playing with backups to the backups. Defense is keeping us in the game. Offense hasn’t done anything today 

Offense has done next to nothing scoring today. Gus Bradley can’t get no credit today?

They are also playing one of the worst teams, so really no. this is what should be expected when playing a terrible offense

Just now, Zoltan said:

You don't have to blitz the most, but you also can't be the team that blitzes the least. Just be somewhere in the middle so they have to respect the threat

Blitzes aren’t like teams having to respect the run on offense.  Teams read blitzes presnap and that’s where most NFL QBs beat it.  

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think Young sees the middle of the field very well.

That's pretty common for QBs of his stature.

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

40 is a steal 7th round 

Absolutely. He doesn't have the high end athletic traits or Brents or Rush, but he can just flat out play. He's doing the same thing he did in college. Just locks WRs up and plays the run well.

• Like 2

Just now, Shive said:

That's pretty common for QBs of his stature.

Absolutely. He doesn't have the high end athletic traits or Brents or Rush, but he can flat out play.

yeah he is usually in good posiiton, plays with an attitude, i like 40 a lot

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Blitzes aren’t like teams having to respect the run on offense.  Teams read blitzes presnap and that’s where most NFL QBs beat it.  

Yeah but you can show blitz (but not blitz) and make them change protection in a way that helps the regular pass rush but when you don't blitz it makes the offense easier to protect and call protections. We also don't do DL stunts really which also helps the offense. I would suggest looking up some interviews from some creative defensive coordinators like Bettcher. Theres alot that you can do to help your pass rush but we don't do any of it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

40 is a steal 7th round 

Yeah, that’s why when everyone keeps talking about the secondary and the Colts need to overhaul I am like Jones has played well.  It’s the Baker/Brown spot that’s the problem.  That’s only a problem because the two guys an ahead of them on the depth chart are hurt.  Most NFL teams will struggle that far into the depth chart.

• Like 4

Just now, Zoltan said:

Yeah but you can show blitz (but not blitz) and make them change protection in a way that helps the regular pass rush but when you don't blitz it makes the offense easier to protect and call protections. We also don't do DL stunts really which also helps the offense. I would suggest looking up some interviews from some creative defensive coordinators like Bettcher. Theres alot that you can do to help your pass rush but we don't do any of it

Saw a chart and colts have one of the most predictable defenses in the league.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

I’m a big fan of defenses disguising their play. 

• Like 1