Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting CB this week against the Panthers

compuls1v3

Who will be 3rd starting CB against the Panthers?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be 3rd starting CB against the Panthers?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2023 at 06:00 AM

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2023/11/04/colts-vs-panthers-23-things-to-watch/71375954007/?utm_source=indystar-dailybriefing-strada&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailybriefing-headline-stack&utm_term=Content List - Stacking - optimized&utm_content=pind-indianapolis-nletter65

23 things to watch in Colts vs. Panthers game

Joel A. Erickson

Indianapolis Star

18. Indianapolis must find an answer at its third cornerback position, a spot where Tony Brown struggled mightily against New Orleans last week. The Colts went with Brown, a special teamer with little defensive experience over the past five seasons, because of the struggles of second-year cornerback Darrell Baker Jr. But after last week, Indianapolis might need to go back to Baker. The Colts also have recently claimed rookie Ameer Speed on the practice squad and former Falcon Darren Hall on the practice squad.

19. If the Colts wanted to go with a three-safety look, Indianapolis could get second-year safety Nick Cross on the field, but the Indianapolis defense has seemed resistant to that plan so far.

20. Free safety Rodney Thomas II has struggled with consistency this season, and he’ll have to be better to avoid some of the coverage busts that have plagued the Colts defense in recent weeks.

• Thanks 1

I want to see us run 3 safeties

Thomas FS - Cross SS - Blackmon Slot

move kenny outside

Jones opposite kenny

in 4-3 base kenny and jones outside

26 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I don’t know why Kenny Moore couldn’t slide outside 

Gus and him are on record saying he gets higher value inside, but might be better to put blackmon or cross in the slot. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AKB said:

I want to see us run 3 safeties

Thomas FS - Cross SS - Blackmon Slot

move kenny outside

Jones opposite kenny

in 4-3 base kenny and jones outside

Gus and him are on record saying he gets higher value inside, but might be better to put blackmon or cross in the slot. 

Seems to make the most sense. Even with that, I hope Bradley is prepared to bring some pressure on Sunday.

17 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Seems to make the most sense. Even with that, I hope Bradley is prepared to bring some pressure on Sunday.

imo it opens us to blitz more. honestly when your corners are that bad, 3 safeties might be the best option

4 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

You must have a short memory.  Moore doesn't do well on the outside, even though he wants to get paid like an outside corner.

he doesn't do well, but is it worse than baker or brown? 

1 hour ago, AKB said:

imo it opens us to blitz more. honestly when your corners are that bad, 3 safeties might be the best option

he doesn't do well, but is it worse than baker or brown? 

Well the problem then is you have a hole at slot, and  now  a bad CB on the outside, creating an extra deficiency.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2023/11/04/colts-vs-panthers-23-things-to-watch/71375954007/?utm_source=indystar-dailybriefing-strada&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailybriefing-headline-stack&utm_term=Content List - Stacking - optimized&utm_content=pind-indianapolis-nletter65

23 things to watch in Colts vs. Panthers game

Joel A. Erickson

Indianapolis Star

18. Indianapolis must find an answer at its third cornerback position, a spot where Tony Brown struggled mightily against New Orleans last week. The Colts went with Brown, a special teamer with little defensive experience over the past five seasons, because of the struggles of second-year cornerback Darrell Baker Jr. But after last week, Indianapolis might need to go back to Baker. The Colts also have recently claimed rookie Ameer Speed on the practice squad and former Falcon Darren Hall on the practice squad.

19. If the Colts wanted to go with a three-safety look, Indianapolis could get second-year safety Nick Cross on the field, but the Indianapolis defense has seemed resistant to that plan so far.

20. Free safety Rodney Thomas II has struggled with consistency this season, and he’ll have to be better to avoid some of the coverage busts that have plagued the Colts defense in recent weeks.

3 Safety sets makes too much sense, since they can't seem to find a 2nd corner, unless they decided they don't like Cross.

2 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on Bradley blitzing, we are lowest in the league when it comes to blitz rate.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 1:44 AM, compuls1v3 said:

Mods, please remove Brents from the poll.  I didnt realize he was ruled out.

If he wasn't ruled out, this wouldn't even be a question asked. Brents is the starter when healthy.  I think he is a key piece to the puzzle and a future stud at cb

• Like 1