Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Levis to start

Patrick Miller

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

He had a great game for certain.  I'll say it.  He had a better game than any of AR games.  

I doubt anyone would disagree with you. I don't. He had 1 great game, great job by him. Stroud hasn't had a game yet like Levis has had either and he has played in 7 with a 3-4 record, so what is your point about Levis?

Levis is more accurate with his deep ball forcing Ds to play safeties deep eventually, otherwise they deal with Henry. He threw deep even off his back foot leading his wideouts. They stack the box, he has the accuracy to make them pay. If they get the OL shored up, Titans might make us pay if he develops well.

Having said that, SEC Ds figured him out and NFL Ds will too but he has NFL talent and coaching to offset this time. Great start I thought.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Levis is more accurate with his deep ball forcing Ds to play safeties deep eventually, otherwise they deal with Henry. He threw deep even off his back foot leading his wideouts. They stack the box, he has the accuracy to make them pay. If they get the OL shored up, Titans might make us pay if he develops well.

Having said that, SEC Ds figured him out and NFL Ds will too but he has NFL talent and coaching to offset this time. Great start I thought.

It would be great to be a QB in the league. All you have to do is win one game and your fan base will kneel before you like Zod kneel GIF

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It would be great to be a QB in the league. All you have to do is win one game and your fan base will kneel before you like Zod kneel GIF

If he beats the Steelers on the road on a short week, I’ll take him more seriously.

Yes, let’s not overreact to 1 week of play 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

This is what I thought Levis could do for us...big arm,mobile athlete and works as hard as anyone in the room.....never cared that he put Mayo in his coffee or came across as a bit overconfident...hoping this is an anomaly being where he now is ,afraid it isnt. 

Agree, I think he could have been this good for us (we have a better roster on O than the Titans do, in my opinion) and our long term answer at QB.  I wanted him before the draft and still wish we had taken him (i've made no secrets about that lol).  The "over confident" part never bothered me...all of the best QBs in the NFL that I can remember, had that about them in one way or another. I think had Andrew Luck been a bit more "over confident" he would have been an even better player... being humble is nice in your everyday life, but if you're going to be an NFL franchise QB, you better be really damn confident and unafraid to show it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Colts section, AR vs Stroud vs Young.

You should write that you requested it. Otherwise that fan will say I am trolling. (I forgot all about that. Had I remembered what he had written, I would not have changed the title. :facepalm:)

On 10/30/2023 at 8:28 AM, RollerColt said:

The more he plays, the more tape he provides for defenses. It won't get easier. That said, Hopkins and Henry provide Levis a good supporting cast to be successful. 

If TEN still had AJ Brown I think their O would be an issue.  Their D is still pretty good.

11 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

And is 12/17 for 153 yards at half time. For everyone on here that seemed to hate the guy, I know I still wish we had drafted him.

I loved his release and it was on full display that half.  The Titans line is in shambles and he’s getting it done.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It will have brought me back memories of Peyton the pocket passer for sure. He’s definitely not fazed by the Steelers D or crowd.

And he is mobile and athletic when he would need to scramble... he just wouldn’t do it often enough to be an injury risk, in an ideal world

Like with Brady and Peyton, we now have a Levis vs Richardson problem on this Colts forum because both were in striking distance for the Colts in the draft.

After a while, folks realized they didn't need to put down Brady to prop up Peyton. Each one is HOF on their own merits. Similarly, I don't necessarily feel the need to put down Levis to prop up AR because each one is capable of winning games their own way, which is what their teams are trying to do.

Let us just be football fans first, it makes everything a whole lot easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

For his first 2 games, I think he has looked like a steal in the draft.  

He looks good on a bad team... i feel we have a much better TEAM than the Titans...and think he would have been the perfect fit for us... Nothing against AR, i just think Levis is and will be better in the NFL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

He looks good on a bad team... i feel we have a much better TEAM than the Titans...and think he would have been the perfect fit for us... Nothing against AR, i just think Levis is and will be better in the NFL.

You might be the first person in here that have said, we are better than the Titans. Interesting. I remember going into that game, many thought the Titans had a better all-around team, and AR was even the starter.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You might be the first person in here that have said, we are better than the Titans. Interesting. I remember going into that game, many thought the Titans had a better all-around team, and AR was even the starter.

Our RB is better, our TEs are better, our O-line is better...and I'd take Pittman, Downs and Pierce over an aging Hopkins and their other WRs.

Stewart and Buckner are very good DTs...Franklin is leading the NFL in tackles...I like our kicker and coaches...so, yes, I think we are better...and still wish Levis was our QB...but I wanted him all the way leading up to the draft.

• Like 1