Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sad thing was only way browns had  offense this game was because of turnovers.  Without turnovers colts score 50.

Between the early TD run and that drive in the 4th, they had like 55 yards.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I completely disagree.   I think Pittman is lazy and disappears for 3/4 of every game.  We need 2 new WRs to pair with Josh Downs next year

Pittman isn't lazy. We aren't even halfway through the season and especially today it felt like we were very run heavy..  he isn't disappearing. Josh Downs is just getting more targets.

• Like 1

As loyal Colts fans it is natural to get down and a little negative after a loss, but personally I feel much different this year after a loss than last year. There is reason for optimism.
Although hurt, Richardson’s learning curve appears to be much shorter than anyone anticipated. The Moss trade is turning out to be an absolute steal. Downs and Brent are already in position to heavily contribute. Today we had late round draft picks lined up against an all pro DE and a #1 WR - A very tall order. 
‘last year I cannot count the number of games we entered the fourth quarter with large defecits.

This is a much different feel this year- for me anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Play to win the game not lose it.Go for plays to keep the chains moving and put the game away .what happened to uncatchable ball mo Pi.the fan in the stands in row 1 had a better chance to catch that ball. I wish the pros pi was like college  15 yd penalty .these refs are awful . baseball too.whst has happened to these guys?

1 minute ago, w87r said:

It's not reviewable, they just had a conversation about it.

Yeah I think one of two things happened.

1.  New York buzzed them and said um you sure you want to call this?  (Not likely)

2.  They were buzzed to review the fumble before the penalty was called and once the call was made it became moot.  (What I think happened)

2 hours ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

Did anyone else question whether the running back broke the plane with the football on forth down? The refs surely didn't waste any time on replaying to make sure. A couple of times the flags were picked up for illegal man down field that extended Cleveland drives. With all the contact between a receiver and DB on every play, why not call everyone of them and play 6 hour games instead of deciding ball games in the last two min.

I’m so happy you bring the play up, watch the bear hug the guard gave Franklin, the most obvious hold in the history of the game!

Just now, bleed blue4life said:

Play to win the game not lose it.Go for plays to keep the chains moving and put the game away .what happened to uncatchable ball mo Pi.the fan in the stands in row 1 had a better chance to catch that ball. I wish the pros pi was like college  15 yd penalty .these refs are awful . baseball too.whst has happened to these guys?

Wouldn’t have mattered if it happened in college or pros.  Since it was in the endzone the ball gets put at the one and the Browns were already within 15 yards of the endzone.

4 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

As loyal Colts fans it is natural to get down and a little negative after a loss, but personally I feel much different this year after a loss than last year. There is reason for optimism.
Although hurt, Richardson’s learning curve appears to be much shorter than anyone anticipated. The Moss trade is turning out to be an absolute steal. Downs and Brent are already in position to heavily contribute. Today we had late round draft picks lined up against an all pro DE and a #1 WR - A very tall order. 
‘last year I cannot count the number of games we entered the fourth quarter with large defecits.

This is a much different feel this year- for me anyway.

These next three games will tell me more.

Home vs Saints 

at Panthers

Frankfort vs Patriots

We need some wins to make me feel more optimistic

2 hours ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

Did anyone else question whether the running back broke the plane with the football on forth down? The refs surely didn't waste any time on replaying to make sure. A couple of times the flags were picked up for illegal man down field that extended Cleveland drives. With all the contact between a receiver and DB on every play, why not call everyone of them and play 6 hour games instead of deciding ball games in the last two min.

It was pretty clear the ball broke the plain in the replay they showed on TV.  All scoring plays are reviewed so it got looked at.  There was no point to stop game and look at it.

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m so happy you bring the play up, watch the bear hug the guard gave Franklin, the most obvious hold in the history of the game!

They got every borderline key call, it wasn't just 1 call like I said earlier. It was like 5 as a whole. I am one that thinks blaming the REFS is usually a cop out, but sorry folks - NOT TODAY! I wasn't born yesterday. homer simpson whatever GIF- hey Eddie just confronted Victor Maintland lmao , great classic.

36 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It's not hating to think 20 mil would be better spent elsewhere.   Just my opinion.  It seems some of you have no clue how to cordially disagree.   I love the colts, want to win, and want to be great.  You can't resign everyone.  Sometimes you have to let someone go.  When we paid Taylor, I think we will let Pittman go.  I don't think he is elite.  A revamped wr system would not be the worst thing for next year

That was me being cordial, maybe try not being so sensitive? You called him lazy, many of us disagreed and showed you proof. Just tired of people bashing him without considering his overall production and the situation he’s been put in.

So, you don’t think he would have more targets/receptions with a better QB and O line like most of the receivers you posted have had the benefit of having? Some of those guys have been in the league twice as long too.

The guy has made the best of what he’s been given, and is the consummate  team mate, I think he deserves AT LEAST 20 million.

just my opinion of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

You still can’t review that.  I think that was confusion as I think they were buzzed to review the fumble that didn’t matter after the penalty was called.

There is a difference between reviewing something and challenging it. Challenging is what you’re referring to, meaning the team throws a red flag which doesn’t apply here obviously, which is why I didn’t use the word challenge and instead used reviewed as that can be initiated from a couple of different parties. NY, upstairs booth, other officials…

Seems that refs have gotten the memo that scoring is down and they were bad all over the league today.

I will say this last week against jags looks like it will be the outliar. Looks like team is fighting. I know I said last week what if things fall apart and would Ballard be safe. As long as they play hard like this his job will be ok.

Colts still don’t have a consistent pass rush. Despite turnovers colts defense still needs to be better when there is a short field.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Have panthers in there too. We have the hard part of the schedule out of the way I think. Carr has not looked good but if Brent’s don’t play he might eat us up.

Carr usually plays his Super Bowls against us! I’m not too optimistic!

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

It was a booth ordered review. Even the broadcasters thought it was odd

Illegal contact is not reviewable. Think everyone knows that.(except these refs apparently)

I did just watch it back and the ref did start to go to the sidelines to look at it, then stopped and announced it stood.

My guess, is that the league told him in his ear that the play wasn't reviewable.?

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I think one of two things happened.

1.  New York buzzed them and said um you sure you want to call this?  (Not likely)

2.  They were buzzed to review the fumble before the penalty was called and once the call was made it became moot.  (What I think happened)

I think the league told them it wasn't reviewable so he stopped going off the field.

I do agree they were probably initially going to review if it was a fumble or incomplete pass.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Have panthers in there too. We have the hard part of the schedule out of the way I think. Carr has not looked good but if Brent’s don’t play he might eat us up.

Panthers have next two games in a row at home

Oct 29  Houston

Nov 5   Colts

Should they be 0-7 when we come to town, that could be trouble. Bound to win a home game sooner or later.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Should have Bern opi or no call. Then we recover and win. It’s one of the worst calls I have seen.

Yup. You absolutely do not call that for several reasons:

1. The receiver was wide open anyways so he wasn’t even obstructed

2. Ball wouldn’t have went to the receiver regardless because the QB was hit for a strip sack

3. The receiver actually initiated the contact and the DB reacted as it is stated in the rules

4. You can’t call that in that situation. The game is on the line, you can’t call an iffy call like that. Early in the 1st quarter it’s whatever, but not with seconds left in the 4th quarter when the defense makes a game changing play. They didn’t call it on the last play of the Bills and Giants game last week and it was more obvious. Why call this?

5. The alleged contact had absolutely no affect on the play at all. Not in any capacity.

6. The rule book says the defender is allowed to use his arms to defend against contact.

It’s inexcusable 

• Thanks 1