Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Top 10 draft pick incoming....

ThorstenDenmark

we can easily win 6 more games. We lose to the steelers every time so im chalking that up as a lost. Bengals game im saying we lose too but can see that as a trap game for them/ must win game for colts. Every other game is easily a winnable game. We could still make playoffs lol....

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:35 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Browns = W (4-3)

Saints = L (4-4)

at Panthers = W (5-4)

Patriots (at London) = W (6-4)

Bucs = L (6-5)

at Titans = W (7-5)

at Bengals = L (7-6)

Steelers = Tie (7-6-1)

at Falcons = L (7-7-1)

Raiders = W (8-7-1)

Texans = W (9-7-1) 

Colts go 9-7-1 and make a Wildcard. I had 8-8-1 before the season but I also thought through 6 games we would be 2-4. I had us losing at Ravens and we won that one. We are 3-3 so we are a game ahead of schedule. 

For the people wanting a high draft pick as in top 10ish, you guys are going to be disappointed. Our schedule is too favorable for that.

I go more like this:

Bucs = L (6-5)

at Titans = W (7-5)

at Bengals = L (7-6)

Steelers = L (7-7)

at Falcons = W (8-7)

Raiders = W (9-7)

Texans = L (9-8)

We will be on the outside, looking in, for that last wild card spot, IMO.

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I go more like this:

Bucs = L (6-5)

at Titans = W (7-5)

at Bengals = L (7-6)

Steelers = L (7-7)

at Falcons = W (8-7)

Raiders = W (9-7)

Texans = L (9-8)

The Browns loss is a killer. We need to one that we aren't supposed to win now. Maybe we beat the Steelers?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Browns loss is a killer. We need to one that we aren't supposed to win now. Maybe we beat the Steelers?

Not with Minshew and that aggressive D of the Steelers. We would need a defensive score but the good thing is it is at home and we may be DUE versus the Steelers. Any game can be lost though, in the current NFL, even the Raiders game because McDaniels isn't there anymore.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Not with Minshew and that aggressive D of the Steelers. We would need a defensive score but the good thing is it is at home and we may be DUE versus the Steelers. Any game can be lost though, in the current NFL, even the Raiders game because McDaniels isn't there anymore.

I originally had us going 8-8-1 before the season but was hoping to go maybe 9-7-1 once we were at 3-3, hence that post. My original prediction will probably be the reality and we miss the playoffs unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Playing at home is not an advantage unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Playing at home is not an advantage unfortunately.

Yeah, I forgot, actually our indoor turf helps pass rushers get after Minshew, IMO. But it has been our D that has been worse at home.

Maybe we start wearing our road uniforms at home :) 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Bills fans here are whining and complaining about the intentional grounding call on Allen.  Please.  They think they got screwed.  They have nothing on the Colts.  

Yeah there is a good chance we miss the playoffs by 1 game and we can all go back and point to that Browns game where we got cheated. I will never let it go because that was a huge swing loss. It cost us tiebreakers too. Browns are 5-3 right now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah there is a good chance we miss the playoffs by 1 game and we can all go back and point to that Browns game where we got cheated. I will never let it go because that was a huge swing loss. It cost us tiebreakers too. Browns are 5-3 right now. 

No doubt.  That’s my fear.  Eight games to go.  Let’s see if it evens out.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I go more like this:

Bucs = L (6-5)

at Titans = W (7-5)

at Bengals = L (7-6)

Steelers = L (7-7)

at Falcons = W (8-7)

Raiders = W (9-7)

Texans = L (9-8)

Patriots (at Frankfurt) = Tie (4-5-1)

Bucs = L (4-6-1)

at Titans = W (5-6-1)

at Bengals = L (5-7-1)

Steelers = L (5-8-1)

at Falcons = W (6-8-1)

Raiders = W (7-8-1)

Texans = L (7-9-1)

I got the Pats as a tie because I just don't know how this will turn out. 1) The Colts travel to Frankfurt. 2) Belichick always makes it difficult for the Colts. 3) The Patriots haven't been good this season. It's a toss up to me.

The Steelers just always win when they shouldn't.

The Texans are getting better and better and I think they will beat us this time.

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Patriots (at Frankfurt) = Tie (4-5-1)

Bucs = L (4-6-1)

at Titans = W (5-6-1)

at Bengals = L (5-7-1)

Steelers = L (5-8-1)

at Falcons = W (6-8-1)

Raiders = W (7-8-1)

Texans = L (7-9-1)

I got the Pats as a tie because I just don't know how this will turn out. 1) The Colts travel to Frankfurt. 2) Belichick always makes it difficult for the Colts. 3) The Patriots haven't been good this season. It's a toss up to me.

The Steelers just always win when they shouldn't.

The Texans are getting better and better and I think they will beat us this time.

If we leave Monday, we win. Or we leave Thursday in an early morning flight and get to bed right away to get used to Frankfurt time.

• Like 1

The offense struggled mightily yesterday. Against a bad defense, to boot. It seems to be grinding to a halt right now. Teams have settled in preparing for Minshew, and their preparation for him allows them to also set themselves up to focus on the run and Taylor. It’s the Matt Ryan problem all over again with a more functional QB under center. I’m not gonna try to roadmap wins and losses, but this team is definitely going to spend the rest of the season riding on the struggle bus short of extenuating circumstances like two defensive TDs. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

The offense struggled mightily yesterday. Against a bad defense, to boot. It seems to be grinding to a halt right now. Teams have settled in preparing for Minshew, and their preparation for him allows them to also set themselves up to focus on the run and Taylor. It’s the Matt Ryan problem all over again with a more functional QB under center. I’m not gonna try to roadmap wins and losses, but this team is definitely going to spend the rest of the season riding on the struggle bus short of extenuating circumstances like two defensive TDs. 

Yes.  It will tend to look a lot like last season as far how defenses play.  A better oline and more functional QB...when he rolls out....but I don't see any easy or clear wins the rest of the way.  

Even with the second easiest remaining schedule in the NFL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

It’s up to Shane to get the offense straightened out.  Yesterday it was run up the middle between the tackles over and over.  I thought it was Reich coaching us again. He should be able to get the offense back to being effective again. That was a terrible offensive game plan yesterday.

As far as road mapping wins during the season, to me it is just in fun. My before season picks is me analyzing every team closely and just going by gut as well. My 8-8-1 before season prediction for the Colts could very well happen. During the season, injuries happen, and you really get a feel for how a team is playing, so for fun I like to speculate what might happen. Having said that I should always be judged on my before season picks is how I look at it. Then at the end of the season, I can say, well so and so got injured, etc.. In other words when we had Peyton, I usually always picked us to go 12-4 or 13-3 before the season, had we lost him to injury, that would have changed the whole deal. 

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It’s up to Shane to get the offense straightened out.  Yesterday it was run up the middle between the tackles over and over.  I thought it was Reich coaching us again. He should be able to get the offense back to being effective again. That was a terrible offensive game plan yesterday.

Why do people assume that JT can run outside to the boundary and then make a sharp cut upfield effectively, even if its just beyond the tackles?  He never ran those plays in three years in college and now three years in the NFL. 

I'm not saying that he can't, but there must be reasons why three different coaches are not calling these kinds of plays for him. 

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I was pretty underwhelmed with the offensive gameplan yesterday as well. It didn’t feel like it was working to break anything free for anyone, we just lined up and said “let’s play nickel and dime football for 60 minutes.”

But a big part of it stems from Minshew. He’s limited. He just is. I don’t hate him, I don’t hope they boil him and sell his fat for soap, I don’t even hope they cut him. I want him to be here for a while, he’s a really serviceable backup. We’ve seen it. But he’s not a guy you can turn the keys over to for long periods of time. 

It’s just too easy for defenses to bully us right now. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Robert Mathis weighs in on Caleb Williams at the completion of the USC vs. Washington game on Saturday.

I remember Coby Fleener being called a Mama's boy.

Sooner or later, some USC QB is going to be better than Carson Palmer (he was a good one), Matt Leinart, Sam Darnold, Matt Barkley right? Like Stroud is (right now at least) better than the plethora of Buckeye ones that came before them. Just have to keep drafting them. :) 

For now, Ballard is getting delayed gratification with AR's injury, whether he wanted it or not. AR is our guy, everyone will be smarter with him, AR included, on prolonging his longevity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Patriots (at Frankfurt) = W 

Bucs = W 

at Titans = W 

at Bengals = L 

Steelers = L

at Falcons = W

Raiders = W 

Texans = W

10-7 

Patriots (at Frankfurt) = L = Pats will have homefield in Germany and BB just always have our number

Bucs = L = Baker is just better than minshew

at Titans = L = We can't win in. tennessee

at Bengals = L  = Joe Burrow will be MVP this year

Steelers = L = They fight for a playoff spot and are overall a better team

at Falcons = W = 50/50 game

Raiders = L  = new coach, more energi

Texans = L = CJ Stroud is becoming a beast

This is how I see the rest of the season for us.

It’s days like yesterday that make me doubt Pittman as a top-end #1. I think about a day like that and I think to myself “would Reggie Wayne have put up that kind of day?” And I just can’t see it. 

I’m not saying a true #1 should have had 250 yards and 2 TDs but a guy like Pittman should be averaging 75 yards a week. With his frame he just should.

I feel like a lot of his catches the last two weeks have just been to feed him. He’s getting taken down immediately or it’s a screen. And obviously QB play isn’t helping him out any. But I just don’t feel like he’s producing like a good #1 should, and to me it was noticeable how little part he played after Downs got hurt. 

• Like 1