Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game reaction

GoColts8818

10 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

I haven't seen many trolls in here this week at all.  Honest discussion isn't trolling.  I haven't seen many people bashing the team just for the fun of it.  We have some problems right now.  Nothing wrong with discussing them. 

After we beat the Ravens, we had some people on here saying we were a lock for the playoffs and might even be Super Bowl bound.  It was ridiculous. When some of us were realists and tried to temper expectations after just one game, we were called Debbie Downers and that we weren't true fans who wanted to see the team lose.  We are definitely better than last year and I think we are headed in the right direction, but we have a ways to go.  

To your 1st sentence, it is because we won last week.

12 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

I haven't seen many trolls in here this week at all.  Honest discussion isn't trolling.  I haven't seen many people bashing the team just for the fun of it.  We have some problems right now.  Nothing wrong with discussing them. 

After we beat the Ravens, we had some people on here saying we were a lock for the playoffs and might even be Super Bowl bound.  It was ridiculous. When some of us were realists and tried to temper expectations after just one game, we were called Debbie Downers and that we weren't true fans who wanted to see the team lose.  We are definitely better than last year and I think we are headed in the right direction, but we have a ways to go.  

Show me 1 post where anyone said we were SB bound after beating the Ravens. That is Bullcocky. Nobody said that. If someone said that it may have been 1 person goofing around and I missed it.

- Going into this game, the script which had been established in order to compete with and possibly beat some the better teams (like Jax) that we would play was to run the ball, stop the run and most importantly win the turnover battle.  The Colts completely really did only one of those things today.  As others have pointed on here and the game day thread, the game plan had a lot to do with that as Minshew was asked to throw the ball way too much.  How much of that was due to the Jags stacking 8 in the box, who knows, but I still think Steichen is going how have to figure out ways to run the ball against loaded boxes because I guarantee most teams going forward are going to prove Minshew can hurt them deep.  

- The defense rebounded pretty nicely after giving up TDs on Jacksonville 1st two drives of the game, but I really wished they had started the game better especially with things like jumping offsides and gifting Jax a 1st down on a 3rd and short.  

- Jax is probably going to win this division and, IMO, has a chance to be a dark horse team winning the conference so no real shame in losing to them twice this year.  Bottom line, we are not where they are and need some things to be developed, other things added especially offensively before we can realistically have an expectation to beat them. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think I need to stop watching the locker room interviews after games. There is too much oh shucks we lost from our leaders. No fire at all. No anger. It’s going to take some time for Steichen to change this culture. Plus we need better leaders. More video leaders.

Ok Mr Vanderjagt.

31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

So how did your boy Downs do today with his 21 yards in five catches?  Where was his 40 yard catch?  Do you not see absurdity of your argument that Downs was awesome today when he had the fewest yards receiving on the roster today (even less than Pierce) and then saying Pittman stunk when he caught double the passes for five times as many yards, heck Pittman doubled what Downs did for the day on ONE catch.  

Again, Minshew forces the ball to Pittman. Downs could have had more yards if Minshew looked his way a bit more. But Downs is a rookie. I’m looking at how he looks out there and not just stats. I thought he ran great routes (especially on his TD) and he caught everything that was catchable. He gets open a lot each game.

Pittman did what he usually does. Non existent in the first half, catch a screen pass for like 15 yards, make one big catch, and then catch a bunch of short-intermediate stuff where they scheme him open and rack up yards because the Colts are playing from behind. Last week with the lead he had 52 yards against an awful secondary. Against Baltimore who was missing Hunphries, he had 77 yards but 34 of them came from that one pass in OT, so in 4 quarters he had a whopping 43 yards receiving.

Again, it wasn’t a great game for Pittman. He didn’t dominate or take over the game. He got over 100 yards by just stat padding basically. Downs has less yards and catches for sure, but I thought he looked better. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts need more Dawgs

That’s why I like Brents. He plays the way Zaire and Buckener do.Tough and like his hair is on fire. He’s not afraid to tackle and he’s always talking to the receiver afterwards. That’s what I like to see. I think we have too many Boy Scouts sometimes. 

Are two safeties are more like kittens, and I feel like every defense needs a hard nose safety.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That’s why I like Brents. He plays the way Zaire and Buckener do.Tough and like his hair is on fire. He’s not afraid to tackle and he’s always talking to the receiver afterwards. That’s what I like to see. I think we have too many Boy Scouts sometimes. 

Are two safeties are more like kittens, and I feel like every defense needs a hard nose safety.

I am not happy with Buckners lack of fire as a leader. I want to se him mad after a game like this. It’s just oh shucks.

I said this in the other head if colts want to win  the division in the future they need to take a long look why Jacksonville gives them so many issues. Maybe it’s just a QB issue but we have to compete against against Lawrence for years. Better figured it out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not happy with Buckners lack of fire as a leader. I want to se him mad after a game like this. It’s just oh shucks.

I said this in the other head if colts want to win  the division in the future they need to take a long look why Jacksonville gives them so many issues. Maybe it’s just a QB issue but we have to compete against against Lawrence for years. Better figured it out.

As long as there is fire on the field with the play demeanor, I’ll take it. Plus his play matches. You got guys on the team who are soft and then don’t make plays either.

Jacksonville has done exactly what Tennessee did. They’ve built a tough, physical football team. Walker over Hutchinson was a mistake but they got guys that chew glass over there. Ballard’s teams have almost always lost the worst to physical football teams. If we ever played the Lions, it’d be like 42 to 28.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts not only have jags to compete with for years but Texans too. They better get things figured out.

They beat the Texans already this year without Richardson for the bulk of the game.  They are getting things figured out.  Worth remembering the Colts are a young team.  Days like today are part of figuring it out, it’s just not the fun part.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

They beat the Texans already this year without Richardson for the bulk of the game.  They are getting things figured out.  Worth remembering the Colts are a young team.  Days like today are part of figuring it out, it’s just not the fun part.

Texans are better then us right now and are heading in the right direction. 

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just such an awful game plan.  Make them stop the run before you give up on it.  Oh well hopefully Shane learns from it.

Good teams go out and do dictate to other teams. Bad teams let other teams dictate what they do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans are better then us right now and are heading in the right direction. 

Good teams go out and do dictate to other teams. Bad teams let other teams dictate what they do.

I mean you are ignoring that the Colts literally beat them head-to-head at their place when saying who is better…

The Colts have dictated things to every team they have played this year but the Rams and Jags and that includes the Texans.  Again, the Colts are young team figuring things out, that’s always what this season was going to be for.  If you watch the Texans as close as you watch the Colts they are doing the samething.  The difference is their young QB isn’t hurt.  Even still, the Colts beat him with their backup QB playing 3/4 of the game.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Then go cheer for one of the other three if you don’t like what the Colts are doing so much.

So it's not okay to be honest?

I might not live in Indianapolis but in Denmark, but I have been a die hard colts fan for more than 25 years, so a down period like the one we have had in the last 4-5 years dont make me cheer for another team.

Do I like what the colts are doing? Well that's not the point... what I am saying is just that the other teams in our division are on a trajectory that will make winning the afc south very difficult for the colts in the next 8-10 years.

CJ Stroud might be the best QB drafted in the last 2-3 years, and Trevor Lawrence is a stud that will only get better.

We drafted AR because of his raw talent, that reminded our new HC of Jalen Hurts, just bigger, faster and stronger... but as a QB... AR is just another version of RGIII, Cam Newton and Michael Vick, that all ended their careers with injuries... okay, vick wrecked his by having dog fights.

Im not saying AR is a bad QB, but availability is key for a team that want's to win a super bowl, and having a QB that run directly into a brick wall just don't ends well.

Andrew Luck could have been a hall of fame QB and won a super bowl, but we made him quit as he ran into the injury wall over and over again, due to the way he played.

Tom Brady was never asked to run like a headless chicken like AR, and Brady won 7 Super Bowls.

I bet that neither Houston nor Jaguars want to risk their QB´s health by letting them run like AR, as they utilize their QB intelligently and not like the colts.

Honestly... we need to stop screwing things up, when we finally get a great QB prospect... AR will end up like Andrew Luck, and then were back at looking for another QB we can thrash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

So it's not okay to be honest?

I might not live in Indianapolis but in Denmark, but I have been a die hard colts fan for more than 25 years, so a down period like the one we have had in the last 4-5 years dont make me cheer for another team.

Do I like what the colts are doing? Well that's not the point... what I am saying is just that the other teams in our division are on a trajectory that will make winning the afc south very difficult for the colts in the next 8-10 years.

CJ Stroud might be the best QB drafted in the last 2-3 years, and Trevor Lawrence is a stud that will only get better.

We drafted AR because of his raw talent, that reminded our new HC of Jalen Hurts, just bigger, faster and stronger... but as a QB... AR is just another version of RGIII, Cam Newton and Michael Vick, that all ended their careers with injuries... okay, vick wrecked his by having dog fights.

Im not saying AR is a bad QB, but availability is key for a team that want's to win a super bowl, and having a QB that run directly into a brick wall just don't ends well.

Andrew Luck could have been a hall of fame QB and won a super bowl, but we made him quit as he ran into the injury wall over and over again, due to the way he played.

Tom Brady was never asked to run like a headless chicken like AR, and Brady won 7 Super Bowls.

I bet that neither Houston nor Jaguars want to risk their QB´s health by letting them run like AR, as they utilize their QB intelligently and not like the colts.

Honestly... we need to stop screwing things up, when we finally get a great QB prospect... AR will end up like Andrew Luck, and then were back at looking for another QB we can thrash.

The only pushback here is you don’t draft Richardson 4 if your not going to use his running ability.  These first five games will not dictate his career. Him playing so few college games has probably what had gotten him into trouble with  protecting himself. He will learn.

55 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think I need to stop watching the locker room interviews after games. There is too much oh shucks we lost from our leaders. No fire at all. No anger. It’s going to take some time for Steichen to change this culture. Plus we need better leaders. More video leaders.

Sometimes u just have to look across the pond and face it that u r less talented than the other team. People talk about fire and this was a criticism under Frank. People are forgetting this Jags team has been picking in the top 10 for years. It is finally starting to come together and it is really as simple as that. U have to also add in that Ballard is an average drafter. I said I would give him a second chance. All I see is a team devoid of any real play makersand/or top end talent

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sometimes u just have to look across the pond and face it that u r less talented than the other team. People talk about fire and this was a criticism under Frank. People are forgetting this Jags team has been picking in the top 10 for years. It is finally starting to come together and it is really as simple as that. U have to also add in that Ballard is an average drafter. I said I would give him a second chance. All I see is a team devoid of any real play makersand/or top end talent

You can tell when it’s low effort or your just playing a better team. Colts seemed to just say we aren’t winning before game even started. Hopefully since we seem to have a QB he goes after those difference makers now. Sometimes you just have to draft good football players and forget about potential. 

Just now, AKB said:

if we can be a dominate rush, play action football team, we can win some games.

pocket passing minshew like he is burrow will lead to disaster. clearly. 

Yes, the Colts have built a run first team and have two good backs (one who you just caved and paid) and a good line.  You have to lean on them.  If not why did you pay them?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You can tell when it’s low effort or your just playing a better team. Colts seemed to just say we aren’t winning before game even started.

Low effort? A low effort team gets blown out against Baltimore, which had to start Minshew mind you.

A low effort team completely caves against the Rams. 

I vehemently object to the idea this is a low effort team. 

• Like 5

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You can tell when it’s low effort or your just playing a better team. Colts seemed to just say we aren’t winning before game even started.

I am not sure about the effort. This up and down with  regards to their emotions has gone back to Frank. Everyone blamed Frank. They said he didn't prepare the team. He never held the players accountable. Well these issues are still prevalent after 6 games under new leadership.  We beat the Ravens at home and then lay an egg against the Rams. We get it together and physically beat a team like the Titans. Then we get blown out by the Jags, which I predicted. I do attribute a lot of this to the qb merry  go around that has  gone on for years. They seemed to have finally found their guy and Richardson and now his career is in jeopardy. U don't think that maybe true? Well just look at how u as a fan felt when u found out he needed surgery. Here we go again.Luck all over again. I also think it can be attributed to the type of players that Ballard drafts. He always talks about character. I find he drafts high character athletes and not necessarily high character proven football players. That's just me.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Friendly reminder:

It’s going to be okay.

And the Jaguars are no slouch team. They have legit superstar talent. 

Yeah lots of crazy overreactions boarding on flat out panic.  Maybe I am taking it better because I just didn’t see the Colts winning this game to start with.  It doesn’t mean I didn’t see some flat out fails and have pointed those out but it’s one game on the road against a pretty good team that just has your number at their place.  Frankly I have a feeling we will see more of these before the year is over because this is what happens to young teams finding their way.  I also know there are going to be good days in there too.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah lots of crazy overreactions boarding on flat out panic.  Maybe I am taking it better because I just didn’t see the Colts winning this game to start with.  It doesn’t mean I didn’t see some flat out fails and have pointed those out but it’s one game on the road against a pretty good team that just has your number at their place.  Frankly I have a feeling we will see more of these before the year is over because this is what happens to young teams finding their way.  I also know there are going to be good days in there too.

My expectations were low going into the season. Just from Ballard’s choices during the offseason it seemed like we were content to just “see what happens”. 

I fully admit I’m sad to not see Richardson out there. Huge bummer to lose him for the year. Sucks for the entire league when starter QBs get hurt. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Low effort? A low effort team gets blown out against Baltimore, which had to start Minshew mind you.

A low effort team completely caves against the Rams. 

I vehemently object to the idea this is a low effort team. 

A low effort team also doesn’t get it back to 11 in the 4th quarter.  What the Colts need to figure out is why are they having these big lulls in games where they can’t get out of their own way and then start playing really well.  The reason is they are a young team and young teams are inconsistent and once they figure it out they will make that crossover from being a young team to a team on the rise.  That’s what this season was always designed for, gaining experience and learning.  Like Ballard said in the pre-season presser how do you young players become vets?  They play.  This is all part of a plan that goes beyond this year.  The only thing that hasn’t followed the plan is injury to Richardson and that’s a huge deal.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This kind of stuff happened when Peyton was here. Colt players don’t hold each other accountable.

You aren’t in the locker room and have no way to know that.  You are projecting your frustration about today into something you want to be true because you are mad.

• Thanks 1