Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

42 minutes ago, w87r said:

Trade offer predictions:

Miami - 2nd, 5th, Robert Hunt

Eagles - 2nd(own), 3rd, 5th

Bears - 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Bills - 2nd, James Cook/ or their 1st

Chiefs - 2nd, Edwards Helaire/ or their 1st

Vikings - I won't list this one, but what would our Vikings crew offer? @NFLfan @VikingsFanInChennai

Vikings - 3rd round pick... That's all. Or Something like TJ Hockensen trade.

But who knows, they may do stupid stuff.  :headspin:

I still think Colts would be lucky to get just a 2nd round pick and no player in addition to that...

You can't say RB market doesn't value them at all in 95 pages, and then turn around expect day 1 or early day 2 draft picks.. that's not happening in today's NFL. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

Aside from Irsay's tweet and comments about people dying, the Colts have handled this pretty well IMO. Waiting until a week before roster cuts and then giving Taylor a short but sufficient period of time to work something out is a good move. And it doesn't commit the Colts either way, but if they get a great offer, they come out smelling pretty good.

I agree.  An overall good strategy tainted by a bit of Jimmy talk.

But what happens if a trade doesn't happen?  JT is okay with giving up game checks and Irsay finally dumps him before the trade deadline?  JT ain't playing for the Colts no more as far as I see it.....and the feelings are probably mutual at this point.

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Vikings - 3rd round pick... That's all. Or Something like TJ Hockensen trade.

But who knows, they may do stupid stuff.  :headspin:

I still think Colts would be lucky to get just a 2nd round pick and no player in addition to that...

You can't say RB market doesn't value them at all in 95 pages, and then turn around expect day 1 or early day 2 draft picks.. that's not happening in today's NFL. 

Alexander Mattison it is.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

So you think no one will try to trade for Taylor and offer him a bigger contract? Possible but I doubt it’s because the owners care about the CBA. While the team is protected by the CBA, that doesn’t mean Taylor is breaking it by asking for a raise. 

The reason I didn’t like how all this was playing out was simply I think that this doesn’t play well with agents and players. The insensitive comments from Irsay and taking the position that you aren’t valuable enough to pay but you are too valuable to trade and the position of not seeming to want to negotiate your best players contract going into the last season while entirely within the right of the organization…might not have the same effect on agents and players in the league as it does with the other 31 owners.

We all can ask for a raise in our jobs. That doesn't mean you get it. Especially when you have signed a contract that obligates you to work for what you signed for.  You want to point a negative finger at Irsay when all he is doing is following what the players themselves negotiated for.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Can this just be over with already so we can move onto something else ??

This has been a great thread to be in. 

Thought you would be Happy2BeHere

I agree though, I'm ready to move on.

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

**disclaimer this is not official news.

Just a talking point. How would you feel about this package?

FWIW…..

This was NOT offered as a rumor.   Just an idea.   This morning, the talking heads on ESPN floated this team as making sense….

Dallas.   They didn’t differ any trade terms, but to them, Dallas was a fit because they thought putting JT in the same backfield with Dak would elevate Prescott to new heights and make the Cowboys serious players to reach the Super Bowl in the NFC.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW…..

This was NOT offered as a rumor.   Just an idea.   This morning, the talking heads on ESPN floated this team as making sense….

Dallas.   They didn’t differ any trade terms, but to them, Dallas was a fit because they thought putting JT in the same backfield with Dak would elevate Prescott to new heights and make the Cowboys serious players to reach the Super Bowl in the NFC.  

Dallas tho, like the phins, does not have the cap availability especially as Parsons and Lamb are coming up very soon. 

Won't happen is my thought.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

To serve what purpose, though? Unless Richardson is outstanding this season, I think we're a 6-7 win team at best, even with Taylor. Maybe we have a higher ceiling in 2024, but we also have ways of replacing Taylor's production next offseason.

I think, from a resource management standpoint, trading him now is an acceptable move. I'd be fine with tagging him next year, but we're seeing a preview of how that would go right now; I have little doubt that he'd decline to sign the tender, not report for camp, and then who knows what we get during the season. If we could get a 2nd rounder and change (maybe a player?) for him now, that's a good recoup. It also gives us some additional ammo as we go into what should be a pivotal offseason in 2024.

And that's setting aside questions of whether he's healthy or not.

Okay, prove it.

I think we could contend next year but I agree that we can't this year. I think who's argument (yours or mine) is the more valid boils down to Richardson's development . Does giving him more weapons this year , help his overall development ? If he had Taylor this year , there's little doubt that he'll have more success. That said , does this result in AR 's development or does it really not matter that he has a miserable first year ?  

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think we could contend next year but I agree that we can't this year. I think who's argument (yours or mine) is the more valid boils down to Richardson's development . Does giving him more weapons this year , help his overall development ? If he had Taylor this year , there's little doubt that he'll have more success. That said , does this result in AR 's development or does it really not matter that he has a miserable first year ?  

We will not contend until the WR room is fixed or greatly improves which I don't see happening, so we must improve it immensely

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW…..

Forgot about DAL.  Last spring, when I was tossing the idea that JT was not going to play in SSs offense and would be moved, DAL seemed like a perfect spot out of need.  Especially with Jones liking promotable stars and Zeke not that guy anymore.

Pollard got a big contract though?

4 minutes ago, Indeee said:

We will not contend until the WR room is fixed or greatly improves which I don't see happening, so we must improve it immensely

I think it going to be better this year. Pierce looks improved , Downs is a stud and without MAC in the mix the TE group should be way better. What I will give you is , we don't have a solid #1 as Pittman IMO is a good #2.

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think it going to be better this year. Pierce looks improved , Downs is a stud and without MAC in the mix the TE group should be way better. What I will give you is , we don't have a solid #1 as Pittman IMO is a good #2.

Downs I agree with. The rest better get on or get gone. 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Forgot about DAL.  Last spring, when I was tossing the idea that JT was not going to play in SSs offense and would be moved, DAL seemed like a perfect spot out of need.  Especially with Jones liking promotable stars and Zeke not that guy anymore.

Pollard got a big contract though?

Pollard got tagged.   Pollard might come back in any trade with Dallas.   Not a prediction, just thinking out loud.   

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Pollard got tagged.   Pollard might come back in any trade with Dallas.   Not a prediction, just thinking out loud.   

Ok, right now, DALs RB has a pretty big cap hit.  Kinda diminishes the chances for a trade, IMO.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I will say that if Pollard and Gallup and a pick from Dallas, I think that would be sweet

23 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I don't know if the quality of the RB is critical to Richardson's development. If you want to improve the pass catchers, or the OL, that's more compelling to me. 

• Like 3

Six teams have reached out to the Indianapolis Colts with interest in trading for Jonathan Taylor with two making offers.

The Colts gave Taylor permission to seek a trade, but the team is looking for the equivalent of a first round pick in return for him.

Taylor has not practiced since reporting for training camp on July 25. He was placed that same day on the PUP list because of an ongoing issue with his ankle, according to the team.

Via Stephen Holder/ESPN

45 minutes ago, w87r said:

**disclaimer this is not official news.

Just a talking point. How would you feel about this package?

Pass 

Just now, King Colt said:

Six teams have reached out to the Indianapolis Colts with interest in trading for Jonathan Taylor with two making offers.

The Colts gave Taylor permission to seek a trade, but the team is looking for the equivalent of a first round pick in return for him.

Taylor has not practiced since reporting for training camp on July 25. He was placed that same day on the PUP list because of an ongoing issue with his ankle, according to the team.

Via Stephen Holder/ESPN

You’re like 4 hours late with this news

• Like 1