Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He isn’t getting paid. He will end up going somewhere else and getting less or the same as colts would have eventually gave him.   The market is what it is. There are too many good running backs. 

I’d be surprised if the Colts actually trade him. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think he will have a better year somewhere else.  It will lead to a better contract for him, IMO.   

It doesn't sound like the Colts are interested in doing anything with his contract., so an injury during this season either with the Colts or another team is going to impact his next contract just the same. 

Problem is I don’t think anyone is going to be interested in trading for him right now. If I’m a franchise I just wait for him to sit all season and then pick him up next year. Why use any capital?

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor might end up so embarrassed he just will ask to be traded without a long term deal from another team. I would be embarrassed to show my face again with this team.

Why? This is not the first time someone has held out (or held in) and/or has requested a trade. I'm pretty sure most of his teammates support him. That is not something to be embarrassed about.

I'd be more disappointed, not ashamed, because his efforts likely will not yield the contract/money he desires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Put him on Buffalo and I would be back on that band wagon saying they could win the SB and probably should be favored with the fact they have a top 5 QB and Diggs.

I couldn’t agree more.  Buffalo needs the big back to go all the way.  That is the missing piece.  Allen is their number one running back for all intents and purposes.  If they are serious about reducing his running game Taylor is the perfect back who could make that happen.  They would be Super Bowl favorites with Taylor imo. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I couldn’t agree more.  Buffalo needs the big back to go all the way.  That is the missing piece.  Allen is their number one running back for all intents and purposes.  If they are serious about reducing his running game Taylor is the perfect back who could make that happen.  They would be Super Bowl favorites with Taylor imo. 

Then why don't they sign Dalvin Cook?  Would cost no draft capital to get him

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor might end up so embarrassed he just will ask to be traded without a long term deal from another team. I would be embarrassed to show my face again with this team.

Why would he be embarrassed?  His teammates have his back.  It's business 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I haven't thought it though enough to know what the Jets want from their RBs, so you may be right about that.

My 30,000 foot point was that JT would kind of languish on a rebuilding team.  He would be viewed as the only weapon on offense and would get keyed on.  I don't think he's interested in getting stuffed as a plan to take the heat off of a developing AR.

His quick strike ability is perfect for a playoff-wannabee team that already has multiple threats.  Whether he is a good scheme fit for any of those teams, I don't know.

Agreed on a wasted talent on a hopefully developing team.  His skill set will most likely be in decline when and if Richardson is that guy. I am not sure u could get anything for him. What do u get for a great runner who is not a great blocker and average pass catcherwho wants a new contract? I would bet not much. 

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have no idea what you’re talking about, and I strongly doubt you do either.   “You talked to a source…” ?!?    Puh-leeeze….

Either way, look at the two threads, there are reports everywhere, this is well beyond a leak.   

So what’s your point?   

I never said I talked to a source. That quote is from a reporter. The point is I was right. It has been leaked that Taylor wants a salary that the Colts nor anyone else in the league will match

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I never said I talked to a source. That quote is from a reporter. The point is I was right. It has been leaked that Taylor wants a salary that the Colts nor anyone else in the league will match

There’s been no leak.   It’s being reported by everybody in the media.   That isn’t a leak, that’s a flood!    And it wasn’t hard to see coming, once Taylor was put on the PUP,  things quickly spiraled out of control.   They’ve been changing daily.  

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

There’s been no leak.   It’s being reported by everybody in the media.   That isn’t a leak, that’s a flood!    And it wasn’t hard to see coming, once Taylor was put on the PUP,  things quickly spiraled out of control.  

As I predicted on page 5 of this post that this was going to get contentious. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

What are you talking about?  Irsay is well respected by his peers, and we'll thought of in league circles.  The coaching "fraternity" all speak well of the guy and his group, even his past employees including EGOS like Polian are still very good friends, even advisors....former players love him, edge, Wayne, Mathis, etc...  

His father?  If you have been a fan since the 90's, and just now have an 8 year old, with all due respect, you likely barely remember his father....  Irsay is nothing like his dad, and has worked at every level of the business...  I get that you wanted to rep a #28 jersey or whatever and rub wins in opposing fans faces soon....I miss that too .... I loved JT runs on the secondary ...  Those days are over, and now it's on to amazing AR plays.

You are extremely out of touch with the general NFL fan base if you think Irsay is well liked.

I specifically mentioned social media. Maybe read next time.

16 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d advise you to look up Jim Irsay’s history and see that his dad made him work his way up through the organization.  Jim Irsay has more football experience than just about any Owner in the league.  If you want to trash Jim Irsay because you don’t like what he does fine but at least do some research first.

Yeah, sorry. He really worked his way up. He was VP and GM at 25. Must have been a quick learner, right? You might try the research thing you suggested. Actually, even a couple of minutes on Google would be a start.

2 hours ago, Never_Quit said:

I get that the NFL public hates Irsay but I have never seen this team trashed so hard on social media. Every fan base is taking a victory lap over everything from his drug use to the Luck debacle. Not that Irsay doesnt deserve it, but the Colts organization is bigger than him, and they are getting % all over also.

I'm sure Stiechen is thinking wth have I gotten myself into?

Who cares what other fan bases think?  His fellow owners don't hate him.  He says what they also think.   Jerry Jones is in the same vein.  It looks bad sometimes to the public,  but his fellow owners  agree. 

The only thing Steichen is thinking is how to win ball games,  and buy a huge house with all this money I just made

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Problem is I don’t think anyone is going to be interested in trading for him right now. If I’m a franchise I just wait for him to sit all season and then pick him up next year. Why use any capital?

unless they want him for this season and not next, problem is there are so many good RBs right now, with a diminished role. 

10 minutes ago, Never_Quit said:

You are extremely out of touch with the general NFL fan base if you think Irsay is well liked.

from most of the forums im on, the fans don't dislike Irsay himself, they dislike what he does on social media as it relates to the Colts. 

22 minutes ago, Never_Quit said:

Who cares what the general NFL fan thinks? 

It's fans like you we all can do without.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I too thought you wrote that you spoke to a source. That is why you have to use the Quote box and note where you found the quote. Otherwise, it is assumed to be you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Never_Quit said:

He didn't say well liked by the fan base, he said well respected by his peers.  Which he is.

Who gives a crap if he's liked or not by the general NFL fan base.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

He didn't say well liked by the fan base, he said well respected by his peers.  Which he is.

Who gives a crap if he's liked or not by the general NFL fan base.

I do! I want every fan to love Irsay! It's a popularity contest after all! 

jkjk haha 

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So in other words those being mad at Irsay for starting this jumped the gun.

Looking at what’s been reported Irsay tweeted about the CBA and not Taylor directly but I do think Irsay was frustrated with Taylor’s agent hence the last line.  I also think that Taylor’s camp asked for a trade after the Colts told Taylor they weren’t going to discuss a new contract for him until after the season.  

It looks Ballard didn’t give Taylor’s camp a yes or no when he asked for a trade and said they would talk about it as an organization.

Irsay then had an hour long meeting with Taylor that he said went well.  I think that meeting was to Taylor they would not be honoring his request for a trade.  I also think Irsay also made it clear they value Taylor and want him playing for the Colts.  I think last night was probably a clearing of the air between Irsay and Taylor where Irsay also explained his tweet and why it wasn’t directed at Taylor.  

So the Colts have made their stance clear.  No new contract right now, they aren’t trading him, and they want him here.

Now the ball is in Taylor’s court.  Does he opt in and make the best of it or does he hold out hoping he’s missing presence is enough to make the Colts rethink their stance or another team materializes that will trade for him and give the Colts and Taylor what he wants which is a huge ask in this market for RBs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Looking at what’s been reported Irsay tweeted about the CBA and not Taylor directed but I do think Irsay was frustrated with Taylor’s agent hence the last line.  I also think that Taylor’s camp asked for a trade after the Colts told Taylor they weren’t going to discuss a new contract for him until after the season.  

It looks Ballard didn’t give Taylor’s camp a yes or no when he asked for a trade and said they would talk about it as an organization.

Irsay then had an hour long meeting with Taylor that he said went well.  I think that meeting was to Taylor they would not be honoring his request for a trade.  I also think Irsay also made it clear they value Taylor and want him playing for the Colts.  I think last night was probably a clearing of the air between Irsay and Taylor where Irsay also explained his tweet and why it wasn’t directed at Taylor.  

So the Colts have made their stance clear.  No new contract right now, they aren’t trading him, and they want him here.

Now the ball is in Taylor’s court.  Does he opt in and make the best of it or does he hold out hoping he’s missing presence is enough to make the Colts rethink their stance or another team materializes that will trade for him and give the Colts and Taylor what he wants which is a huge ask in this market for RBs.

Very reasonable take. Seems very logical 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Looking at what’s been reported Irsay tweeted about the CBA and not Taylor directed but I do think Irsay was frustrated with Taylor’s agent hence the last line.  I also think that Taylor’s camp asked for a trade after the Colts told Taylor they weren’t going to discuss a new contract for him until after the season.  

Well said and agree the ball is in JT court. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I’m not a fan of Doyle either but this was a good one.  

Although I don’t understand the focus on the agents name.  Seemed odd and out of touch.  

@Jackie Daytona you sure do get confused a lot.  Do you have any other options. I think 80% of your reactions are confusion. Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JT is his own man, he either wants to be here or he doesn't. I seriously doubt he can get a better contract that we can offer. So if he wants to leave Indianapolis because of personal issues than good riddance. Go to Miami who hasn't won a SB since 1973 and hasn't won jack poop since Marino retired 25 years ago Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I feel bad for AR. He doesn't need all this extra hoopla.

Players tend to be really good at shutting this kind of thing out.  They understand contracts are a part of the business side of football.  It is what it is to most of them.