Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

continue returning to this Dolphins thing... that agent is either really stupid and reckless or he's conniving and reckless...

He does not seem professional. I think he is more of the latter (conniving) but what he is doing is not helping his client. So it is dumb and reckless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am so sick of this.

We cannot have a single offseason that doesnt have a bunch of drama. After the demoralization of last season, this is pathetic.

Irsay is a clown. I dont disagree with the Colts position on this but getting in a twitter beef? Really? Are you 12? He's become his dad, and it would not surprise me at all if he was back on the sauce (starting with the Saturday hire).

Taylor is one of my favorite players, and he is also, a clown. The way he has gone about this has been completely unprofessional. Newsflash dude: you're coming off your worst season ever and you FAILED YOUR PHYSICAL.

Taylor is a liability in pass rush, is not a pass catcher, and apparently he has character issues also. Per Holder, the goodie-two-shoes shtick was all made up by a PR team, and the guy is nothing like that in real life.

The real bummer is my son is just old enough to start to be interested in the Colts/NFL (he's 8). Guess who his favorite player is? We were just watching Taylor highlights getting excited for the season a few weeks ago. This whole thing sucks.

I'm done with him and I'm halfway done with the Colts over Irsay. I've been a fan of this team since the 90s and I've never felt this way about the organization.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Crunked said:

I dont understand why the pre-emptive hostilities.......

I honestly think this has a lot to do with the overall RB market and recent meetings among the top RBs in the league. This seems like JT feeling the weight of his peers and their collective grievances.

I also get the feeling that his agent is using him and this situation for personal clout/notoriety. He's publicly taking shots at the owner of the team of one of his clients, which he may think shows himself in a certain favorable light of publicity fighting for the players he represents, which we all know is not what the top agents do.

The best agents in the league understand the savvy and nuance of negotiations. This dude thinks if you hit it hard enough with a stick, you'll get what you want. I don't see JT getting anything with this guy as his agent.

@NFLfanLooks like we came to the same conclusion. Lol

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Never_Quit said:

I am so sick of this.

We cannot have a single offseason that doesnt have a bunch of drama. After the demoralization of last season, this is pathetic.

Irsay is a clown. I dont disagree with the Colts position on this but getting in a twitter beef? Really? Are you 12? He's become his dad, and it would not surprise me at all if he was back on the sauce (starting with the Saturday hire).

Taylor is one of my favorite players, and he is also, a clown. The way he has gone about this has been completely unprofessional. Newsflash dude: you're coming off your worst season ever and you FAILED YOUR PHYSICAL.

Taylor is a liability in pass rush, is not a pass catcher, and apparently he has character issues also. Per Holder, the goodie-two-shoes shtick was all made up by a PR team, and the guy is nothing like that in real life.

The real bummer is my son is just old enough to start to be interested in the Colts/NFL (he's 8). Guess who his favorite player is? We were just watching Taylor highlights getting excited for the season a few weeks ago. This whole thing sucks.

I'm done with him and I'm halfway done with the Colts over Irsay. I've been a fan of this team since the 90s and I've never felt this way about the organization.

I think the whole thing is childish and a ridiculous distraction we don't need. Par for the course with this franchise anymore unfortunately.

I get that the NFL public hates Irsay but I have never seen this team trashed so hard on social media. Every fan base is taking a victory lap over everything from his drug use to the Luck debacle. Not that Irsay doesnt deserve it, but the Colts organization is bigger than him, and they are getting % all over also.

I'm sure Stiechen is thinking wth have I gotten myself into?

1 minute ago, Never_Quit said:

I get that the NFL public hates Irsay but I have never seen this team trashed so hard on social media. Every fan base is taking a victory lap over everything from his drug use to the Luck debacle. Not that Irsay doesnt deserve it, but the Colts organization is bigger than him, and they are getting % all over also.

That is not my impression. I'm a fan of another team. I don't see other fans trashing Irsay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think Chappell understands a player can say things to make it seem he isn’t ready and fail his physical.

Regardless, it's not a good look, and tanks what little trade value he had. It's bad for everyone involved.

Who's to say it's not just as likely that his injury is not fully healed?

Just now, NFLfan said:

That is not my impression. I'm a fan of another team. I don't see other fans trashing Irsay.

You must be smart and stay off reddit and twitter then. I should do the same.

4 minutes ago, Never_Quit said:

Regardless, it's not a good look, and tanks what little trade value he had. It's bad for everyone involved.

Who's to say it's not just as likely that his injury is not fully healed?

You must be smart and stay off reddit and twitter then. I should do the same.

Reddit, facebook, and Twitter are for dopes. I don't do any of the 3. My buddy Homer thinks so = Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

41 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

JT can't Earn these big projected salaries. He is not a complete player.. Anyone that believes he will lead a team to the SB has untrustworthy judgement. 

I think JT has value to a team like the Jets or BUF, who could use his big play threat as a counter to defenses focusing on Rodgers passing or Allen's big play ability.  Even in this best scenario for JT, I would not call that as him leading the team to a SB.  It would still clearly be led by AR and JA.

The question is how much they would pay for him.  If they have an All-In attitude, they could conceivably mortgage the future and pay him reasonably close to what he wants.  $36M for 3 yrs, half guaranteed?  3 yrs might sunset Rodgers window.

I don't think JT plays in the NFL anywhere if he wants $16 million per year.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think JT has value to a team like the Jets or BUF, who could use his big play threat as a counter to defenses focusing on Rodgers passing or Allen's big play ability.  Even in this best scenario for JT, I would not call that as him leading the team to a SB.  It would still clearly be led by AR and JA.

The question is how much they would pay for him.  If they have an All-In attitude, they could conceivably mortgage the future and pay him reasonably close to what he wants.  $36M for 3 yrs, half guaranteed?  3 yrs might sunset Rodgers window.

Put him on Buffalo and I would be back on that band wagon saying they could win the SB and probably should be favored with the fact they have a top 5 QB and Diggs.

• Like 1

I don't think JT is a poor fit except when it comes to finance.  Ability wise he is able to play RBBC because that's what he did when Marlon Mack was here.  That's how JT got his start.  Problem is now that we have taken him from that and turned him into a show case back coupled with the fact that his mind is set on getting paid a nice premium, it's not very likely he would be all that open to RBBC again other than a few games.  This is what makes him a poor fit now.  It's not that he isn't able to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"I'm a fan of another team". I always knew you liked Aaron and the Packers Excited Merry Happy GIF by TWICE

Funny that you should mention him. Like JT, he requested a trade. But he had more leverage, being a QB and an elite one, even now. :grumpy2:

Going back to JT, he needs to get rid of that agent and return to the Colts.

While I hate the drama bug visiting us this off season, this feels like a story we have seen dozens of times it’s just that it’s our fanbase’s turn to deal with it. There is of course a bit more nuance with Irsay’s comments added and Taylor’s agent making this seem like a publicity stunt for his own gain, but at its core this happens to teams at this time each and every year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He isn't getting 16 million.    The 49ers aren't paying CMC that much.   The Panthers are paying him some of that.   If JT hits free agency next year,  he might get a 2 or 3 year deal with an average of 13.   I doubt it though.   He and his agent have lowered his value.    It's really upsetting actually.   He is a smart kid being manipulated by a charlatan.    Promising big money when he can't produce.   Hopefully he comes to his senses

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

That agent is not helping JT at all. I wonder if he has other clients in the league? In the past, Drew Rosenhaus was viewed as the agent teams and fans hated. JT's agent is much worse. He does not comport himself like someone who is representing professionals.

Not going to debate that.  Just saying liking tweets isn’t tampering.

• Like 1

I think JT is going to be here.  He's not the type of guy who is going to take it to the next level and become a real thorn in the butt as far as being a big time locker room distraction.  Colts are going to hold him to his current deal, let it play out and then decide what to do with him.  And I think as I said before he's probably got at least 1 tag in his future if not 2.   I don't think he's getting a big long term contract. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Funny that you should mention him. Like JT, he requested a trade. But he had more leverage, being a QB and an elite one, even now. :grumpy2:

Going back to JT, he needs to get rid of that agent and return to the Colts.

QB's have tons of leverage, that is one position any FO has to be careful with if that QB is a top 5 QB in the league or especially a top 10 QB of all-time like a Rodgers is. That is just the way it is. Guys like Rodgers have earned that leverage though, like a Brady or Manning or Mahomes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Put him on Buffalo and I would be back on that band wagon saying they could win the SB and probably should be favored with the fact they have a top 5 QB and Diggs.

Is Buffalo changing coordinators?  Because that guy is Mike Martz pass happy.   I don't think JT is what Buffalo is looking for. I could see him in Carolina with Frank, or somewhere else like Dallas where they like a bell cow. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iuswingman said:

We don't know how much jt is demanding so can't assume it would just be slightly overpaying.

He is still under a contract that he signed.  He isn't in a position to be demanding more money yet.

just doesnt make sense for him to demand a record deal right now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, krunk said:

Is Buffalo changing coordinators?  Because that guy is Mike Martz pass happy.   I don't think JT is what Buffalo is looking for.

I could see him Carolina with Frank, or somewhere else like Dallas where they like a bell cow. 

I think Buffalo learned their lesson from last post season, if not, that staff has to be some silly suckers lmao . The one thing Buffalo has lacked is a dominant RB to finish the deal. They can't pass in cold weather games, most teams can't. In January, Taylor would be the X factor for that offense. Allen would not have to do it all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think JT is a poor fit except when it comes to finance.  Ability wise he is able to play RBBC because that's what he did when Marlon Mack was here.  That's how JT got his start.  Problem is now that we have taken him from that and turned him into a show case back coupled with the fact that his mind is set on getting paid a nice premium, it's not very likely he would be all that open to RBBC again other than a few games.  This is what makes him a poor fit now.  It's not that he isn't able to do it.

well written

• Like 1

JT isn’t going anywhere and if he does it’s for team that will bite give us a high pick for him.

JT does not have the market he’s looking for. Him and Jacobs are both on the trading block so what does that say?  Cook is still unsigned so what does that say?  Saquon after crying signed for $10million.  

JT has to understand the market is the market.  You’ll get more money, but not what you’re trying to get.  And if you do get that money, I doubt that team is going to be able to make him a winner.

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not going to debate that.  Just saying liking tweets isn’t tampering.

Oh yeah. I think I missed your tampering point in the original post that I quoted. Yeah, that is not tampering but I wonder if it can be interpreted as that. What if the agent's friend wrote the post on behalf of the agent and the agent gives it a "like"?

I recall when a journalist asked the Jets owner about Darell Revis when Revis was still a member of the Patriots. He made what I thought was an innocuous comment about Revis being a great player. He said it without thinking of the possible consequences of his statement. The Patriots accused him of tampering.

40 minutes ago, DougDew said:

U don't think Taylor fits what the Jets want to do with their rb. Aaron Jones was a Rodgers favorite and Cook fits more of that role than Taylor. Taylor vastly over estimates his value in today' NFL.

16 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

JT isn’t going anywhere and if he does it’s for team that will bite give us a high pick for him.

JT does not have the market he’s looking for. Him and Jacobs are both on the trading block so what does that say?  Cook is still unsigned so what does that say?  Saquon after crying signed for $10million.  

JT has to understand the market is the market.  You’ll get more money, but not what you’re trying to get.  And if you do get that money, I doubt that team is going to be able to make him a winner.

Kind of what I said lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It is also sad colts havent even offered him after carrying this team for two years. I don’t think either side has handled this well.

He did his job.  He’s “recovering” from injury.  If he proves he’s physically back - then renegotiate.  Too late.

58 minutes ago, Never_Quit said:

What are you talking about?  Irsay is well respected by his peers, and we'll thought of in league circles.  The coaching "fraternity" all speak well of the guy and his group, even his past employees including EGOS like Polian are still very good friends, even advisors....former players love him, edge, Wayne, Mathis, etc...  

His father?  If you have been a fan since the 90's, and just now have an 8 year old, with all due respect, you likely barely remember his father....  Irsay is nothing like his dad, and has worked at every level of the business...  I get that you wanted to rep a #28 jersey or whatever and rub wins in opposing fans faces soon....I miss that too .... I loved JT runs on the secondary ...  Those days are over, and now it's on to amazing AR plays.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U don't think Taylor fits what the Jets want to do with their rb. Aaron Jones was a Rodgers favorite and Cook fits more of that role than Taylor. Taylor vastly over estimates his value in today' NFL.

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Kind of what I said lol.

I haven't thought it though enough to know what the Jets want from their RBs, so you may be right about that.

My 30,000 foot point was that JT would kind of languish on a rebuilding team.  He would be viewed as the only weapon on offense and would get keyed on.  I don't think he's interested in getting stuffed as a plan to take the heat off of a developing AR.

His quick strike ability is perfect for a playoff-wannabee team that already has multiple threats.  Whether he is a good scheme fit for any of those teams, I don't know.

1 hour ago, Never_Quit said:

Per Holder, the goodie-two-shoes shtick was all made up by a PR team, and the guy is nothing like that in real life.

If you're referencing the tweet i think you are, that's not exactly what he said. Your paraphrase makes it seem like its his entire personality since he got here was a farce. This is the quote from Holder that I saw:

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor might end up so embarrassed he just will ask to be traded without a long term deal from another team. I would be embarrassed to show my face again with this team.

I think he will have a better year somewhere else.  It will lead to a better contract for him, IMO.   

It doesn't sound like the Colts are interested in doing anything with his contract., so an injury during this season either with the Colts or another team is going to impact his next contract just the same. 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think he will have a better year somewhere else.  It will lead to a better contract for him, IMO.   

It doesn't sound like the Colts are interested in doing anything with his contract., so an injury during this season either with the Colts or another team is going to impact his next contract just the same. 

He isn’t getting paid. He will end up going somewhere else and getting less or the same as colts would of eventually gave him.   The market is what it is. There are too many good running backs.