Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sunday vs Tennessee

indyagent17

2 hours ago, AKB said:

well its a good comparison i think, maybe the best one of recent memory. 

Cam ended with about 30k passing yards, almost 200 passing tds, and like 5k rushing yards

just wondering if you guys think that would be a good "acceptable" career for AR

Again, I think that’s going to depend on how the team does.  Had the Colts won a Super Bowl while Luck was here I think some fans upset that he walked away early would look back at his career differently.  Had Peyton not won one in 2006 I think a lot of people would have felt his time with the Colts was wasted as examples.  

Newton, Jackson, and maybe Allen are all good positive examples of how Richardson could end up.  If he ends up like any of them I think it would be hard to say he was a disappointment but for QBs, fair or not, the name of the game is winning and that will play a role in how Richardson is probably remembered.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have us winning by 7. My uncle who is a Titans fan says Colts by 7. Tannehill has also stunk on the road this season.

i think our defense is gonna have a sleeper type game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

i think our defense is gonna have a sleeper type game

Yeah it looks like Buckner is playing and seems to be healthy again. I haven't heard anything different. We should be able to pressure Tannehill and force a turnover or 2. Henry still scares me because if he gets going it will be a tough game. We need to get a lead early and force Tannehill to pass.

12 minutes ago, w87r said:

Wonder if we're going to run Freeland back out there at LT, or get Hambright in there?

All experience will help his growth, but he played pretty poorly last week. Mid 40's trade if I remember correctly.

Imagine the sacks if we still had Matt Ryan back there. 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Wonder if we're going to run Freeland back out there at LT, or get Hambright in there?

All experience will help his growth, but he played pretty poorly last week. Mid 40's trade if I remember correctly.

I would guess Freeland with help, in fact I think Shane said this.  

Good chance for him to learn and they will have the other four starters in there so that should allow them to focus the help on his end.  I also think if Taylor plays, or even if he doesn’t for that matter with the way Moss has been playing, you’ll see them try to get the running game going early behind Nelson and Kelly to take even more pressure off Freeland.  

44 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

I don't understand how he CONTINUES to kill the Colts with that naked bootleg run!!!! 

New coach maybe he won’t but he probably will.  What makes the Colts good on defense opens them up for that play.  They fly to the ball and lock down the running lanes so when they fake the run and roll out on the boot the Colts defense is in motion to stop what they think is a Henry run and they have the whole Colts defense going the opposite direction of the play.  You could spy the QB but that takes one LB out that’s needed to stop Henry.

I kinda see this in the same light as the Washington game last year for the Colts.  Had the Colts won that game they had chance to save their season and be competitive.  When they lost the wheels came off.  

I don’t think the results will be as dramatic this year but I think if the Colts win there is a good chance of the Colts doing something with this year but should they lose I think it could be a sign that the Colts are going to be the team many thought they were in the pre-season, a young team that can make games close and maybe surprise a team or two but overall not a lot of wins to show for it.

We’ll see how it goes.

• Like 1

If you wanna know why the Titans fans are delusional and possibly the worst in the league, go listen to Jared Stillman’s Friday show from 1:33 on where he proceeds to bash and make horrendous takes on the Colts. He went on to say dumb things like Alec Pierce is the Colts best WR. He also thinks Buckner is not a good player.  It’s clear he has no clue when it comes to talking Colts. I hate the fact I’m even mentioning his show as he doesn’t deserve publicity, but it’s ridiculous with the amount of garbage coming out of Nashville. 

I think missing Raimann will be the biggest issue. If the Oline can keep AR upright we win it, if he's hunted all game like against the Rams we lose.

Btw, AR has 7 TDs in 2.5 games. If he can keep up production like that that would be the equivalent of 47.6 total TDs in a 17 game season... crazy!

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If you wanna know why the Titans fans are delusional and possibly the worst in the league, go listen to Jared Stillman’s Friday show from 1:33 on where he proceeds to bash and make horrendous takes on the Colts. He went on to say dumb things like Alec Pierce is the Colts best WR. He also thinks Buckner is not a good player.  It’s clear he has no clue when it comes to talking Colts. I hate the fact I’m even mentioning his show as he doesn’t deserve publicity, but it’s ridiculous with the amount of garbage coming out of Nashville. 

There are a few games a year I call statement games. I called the Ravens game that because they are very good. By beating them on the road showed me we can play with anyone. Usually if you are a team that is just average or bad, you can get lucky and win a game like that at home like beating KC last year here. Winning one on the road is tough to do. 

I think this is a statement game as well because they have beat us 5 games in a row + it is a big division game. This game here is the type of game that can swing a season into being good. Their fan base is talking a lot of doo doo as well.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are a few games a year I call statement games. I called the Ravens game that because they are very good. By beating them on the road showed me we can play with anyone. Usually if you are a team that is just average or bad, you can get lucky and win a game like that at home like beating KC last year here. Winning one on the road is tough to do. 

I think this is a statement game as well because they have beat us 5 games in a row + it is a big division game. This game here is the type of game that can swing a season into being good. Their fan base is talking a lot of doo doo as well.

Getting weird here. Get real.

We only beat them because they were missing so many players. 

Wasn't there also something about a NFL record field goal thingy?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Getting weird here. Get real.

We only beat them because they were missing so many players. 

Wasn't there also something about a NFL record field goal thingy?

Huh? So did we lose last week because we had a lot of injuries. Lamar was healthy so was Andrews and Tucker. So you make an excuse up for Baltimore losing. That is lame. I can even say we beat them without Taylor and a backup QB lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huh? So did we lose last week because we had a lot of injuries. Lamar was healthy so was Andrews and Tucker. So you make an excuse up for Baltimore losing. That is lame. I can even say we beat them without Taylor and a backup QB lol.

Your excuse, my reason.

20 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Your excuse, my reason.

Yeah well, what's it going to be tomorrow when we beat Tennessee, Levis should have played lmao . Just seems like every time we get a big win over a very good or great team, it is never us that deserves the credit by some. It is always, the other team got unlucky or had injuries. The last thing Colts fans want to here is, we won because the other team had injuries. We have had a bunch this season. Like I said, I can say we lost to the Rams because half our O.Line was out, Taylor was still out, and Buckner was hampered but I gave the Rams credit, they beat us fair and square. Against Baltimore AR was out, starting QB is the most important position on the field. Regarding our Kicker making kicks, he should make most of them, he is regarded has one of the best in the league and paid like it. Baltimore had the same opportunity with Tucker who is the best and he missed. That is on Baltimore. 

My take on the game: Jonathan Taylor is a non factor even if he plays. The Titans have a better run defense than passing. Richardson could still rush for yards, which will take away from Taylor or Moss. I think the Colts will rely more on passing the ball around and pressuring Tannehill.

Derrick Henry has often given the Colts problems and will continue to do so in this game. Colts will win, though it will be close. 

I could be wrong, as I'm no expert, but this is how I see it happening. 

• Like 1

I went back through this thread to see how people did with their predictions.

Amazingly well for the most part!  Maybe a few people here really know what they're talking about...???  

I never predict the games anymore because I was always wrong in the past.