Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Rams post game thread

Solid84

Richardson threw a great ball to granson at the end of regulation. Probably would of gotten us close to ending it with a field goal.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everyone in our division is 2-2. Jacks plays Buffalo next week, Texans play at Atlanta, and we play Tennessee here. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- Odds say, we will back in 1st place again after next week. Today was a loss but AR made a nice progression. He went through having to come from way behind and being clutch and he was. 

I bet Texans win. Jags won’t have to travel to London so it gives them advantage over bills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiogoSales said:

To be really honest:

By now, we already expect erratic play and growing pains by the QB and CBs, part of the theme for the year...

But you cannot expect this run defense to play this bad just because DeFo was not there 1st and 2nd down, this RB is a nobody and this OL is not great (not even good). 

The Rams running set all this.

Which OL? The one that played today or the one that features Raimann, Nelson, Kelly, Fries and Smith? Oh wait, were you talking about the Rams or Colts?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Introspect said:

And why did the Colts pass on Nacua  4 times in the 5th is the bigger question...

Lol I'm gonna go out on a limb and say nacuas days are over now that Kupp is back.. Stafford is a good QB that spams WRs Kupp will get all those targets like he has the past two seasons 🤣

8 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I think JT takes the field next week, doesnt mater if he is happy or not he need to produce because it helps his cause .....so

I think he will. Probably will be on a pitch count but I expect him back. Colts have some moves they need need to mark. Since Cox is playing well I wonder if they will keep Woods on IR.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think he will. Probably will be on a pitch count but I expect him back.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling it will be a while (if ever?) before Taylor sees the field for the Colts.

He has not practiced with the team, or taken a hit, in like a year.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/10/1/23898006/colts-plan-to-initiate-21-day-practice-window-for-rb-jonathan-taylor-on-wednesday

Report: Colts plan to initiate 21-day practice window for RB Jonathan Taylor on Wednesday

...Taylor is first eligible to be activated off of PUP starting after Week 4 on Monday. Once he begins practicing, the Colts will have 21 days then to decide whether to activate him to the active roster. He previously was ineligible to practice with the team...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't wait for your post's all week regarding Taylor. I will be listening to the Bowen show all week. We are about to find out a lot of truth's this week. 

It will happen by wed. We just don’t know if he will be activated to the foster by Sunday for the game. I suppose it depends on how he looks in practice. Looking forward to seeing him with Richardson. Should open up the WR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Hamler is a talent we could elevate him over Rodgers...havent had tis much wr depth  in years  

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling it will be a while (if ever?) before Taylor sees the field for the Colts.

He has not practiced with the team, or taken a hit, in like a year.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/10/1/23898006/colts-plan-to-initiate-21-day-practice-window-for-rb-jonathan-taylor-on-wednesday

Report: Colts plan to initiate 21-day practice window for RB Jonathan Taylor on Wednesday

...Taylor is first eligible to be activated off of PUP starting after Week 4 on Monday. Once he begins practicing, the Colts will have 21 days then to decide whether to activate him to the active roster. He previously was ineligible to practice with the team...

Diana Russsini said today that he has stayed in great shape and is ready to play. He had to play at some point soon or his contact will toll.

2 hours ago, QBRulz39 said:

Anyone who watched the game saw the Rams defense get lazy in the second half. They basically allowed the Colts back in this game, which has been their problem all season (thus far). 

If I was the Colts Coaches this is the game where I use a long hard discussion on how to use AR moving forward.  He should be swapped out and utilized for short yardage plays only. His inaccuracy is horrendous and his unwillingness to slide will end his career quickly. He also needs to learn to read defenses. 11-25 passing, with the only completions being on single read throws says a lot. Hes not ready. Unless the Colts are looking for a high draft pick this coming year, they need to give the ball to Minshew.

A player who knows how to control the clock, manage the game and not turn the ball over, while energizing those around him. He not a “career backup” like people want to label him. He had a better rookie season than murray who won ROY with less weapons and had his career sabotaged by Jax coaches to guarantee they had TL in the following draft. Then he beat out TL and they traded him the following preseason. Irsay needs to step aside and let his coaches make their own decisions. 

AR is not Fields or Hurts. Both of them won and were successful in college. AR was not. And he still cant read defenses and relies on his legs too much. Time to start Minshew and use AR for situations where his athleticism will help to win games. Otherwise the “Not For Long” league will end his career fast. 

Worst post I have ever read on this forum in several years. I think I know what you are really saying. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I like Mallory that being said think he gets cut with hope he make it to ps

That would be a shame if they cut Mallory since we have one too many tight ends I expect he would get snatched up. The guy looks like one of our better draft picks. He may develop into a really good player.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Diana Russsini said today that he has stayed in great shape and is ready to play. He had to play at some point soon or his contact will toll.

and he's probably told by his agent to get hurt the first time he carries the ball. 

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

That would be a shame if they cut Mallory since we have one too many tight ends I expect he would get snatched up. The guy looks like one of our better draft picks. He may develop into a really good player.

The easy answer is just keep woods on IR until there is a TE injury. Because cox won’t be back next year most likely.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

and he's probably told by his agent to get hurt the first time he carries the ball. 

I think we are done with wall the funny business. He knows he had to play.

3 hours ago, QBRulz39 said:

Anyone who watched the game saw the Rams defense get lazy in the second half. They basically allowed the Colts back in this game, which has been their problem all season (thus far). 

If I was the Colts Coaches this is the game where I use a long hard discussion on how to use AR moving forward.  He should be swapped out and utilized for short yardage plays only. His inaccuracy is horrendous and his unwillingness to slide will end his career quickly. He also needs to learn to read defenses. 11-25 passing, with the only completions being on single read throws says a lot. Hes not ready. Unless the Colts are looking for a high draft pick this coming year, they need to give the ball to Minshew.

A player who knows how to control the clock, manage the game and not turn the ball over, while energizing those around him. He not a “career backup” like people want to label him. He had a better rookie season than murray who won ROY with less weapons and had his career sabotaged by Jax coaches to guarantee they had TL in the following draft. Then he beat out TL and they traded him the following preseason. Irsay needs to step aside and let his coaches make their own decisions. 

AR is not Fields or Hurts. Both of them won and were successful in college. AR was not. And he still cant read defenses and relies on his legs too much. Time to start Minshew and use AR for situations where his athleticism will help to win games. Otherwise the “Not For Long” league will end his career fast. 

Where did you come from creed GIF

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The easy answer is just keep woods on IR until there is a TE injury. Because cox won’t be back next year most likely.

Right. Ally Cox had like two catches so far. And so did Mallory. They probably won't want to pay him even more money next year, so it would be real dumb to cut Mallory.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I like mallory, hope that doesn't  happen 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Right. Ally Cox had like two catches so far. And so did Mallory. They probably won't want to pay him even more money next year, so it would be real dumb to cut Mallory.

Fox has looked good with account big catches. Maybe rteivhen will get him more involved this year. Tight ends had a good day. Steichen clearly saw something he could exploit with that.